Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stihl Prices

Default Re: Stihl Prices

I am looking at the husky 440e what did they charge to ship

I'm looking at getting the MS261 shipped over privately. Just waiting to hear back from my contact.

I had another ebay chainy delivered yesterday, Baumr AG 62cc 20" $129 delivered - its for a neighbour (non-savvy with computers). These are gems, I've got 2 myself.

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

got a quote of 468 us del to my door for the 440e, 770 here in the lucky country

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    I had another ebay chainy delivered yesterday, Baumr AG 62cc 20" $129 delivered - its for a neighbour (non-savvy with computers). These are gems, I've got 2 myself.
    I've still got the one I bought early last year sitting here. Used it probably less than ten minutes on one tree stump while I could get it to run. You don't want it for parts do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowing Wheelers Hill View Post
    The same right you have in charging out work at $65-$75hr when other guys charge as low as $40-$45.
    Are you talking about like for like product there though John? Lot of variability in the level of service provided at those different rates and if someone is busting their butt for $40 dollars per hour to leave a resort or golf-course style finish they're doing themselves, and others in the industry, a disservice.

There is a guy on http://www.treeworld.info/ (aus arbourist site for the ones that dont know of it) who supplies a fair few saws to Australians for a small fee.

I tried to get in touch with him last week Treecat. I'm on Treeworld too. Seems he hasn't been on the forum for quite a few months now and the PM I sent to him vanished too. Possibly Mr Eric playing his games again or just a forum error.

Was going to try send him another PM but I found an Aussie company who will buy and ship pretty much anything at all. They say their freight prices are 30% cheaper but they were actually dearer than a quote I got through McLean Supply but I've queried them about that.

Either way it looks like about $750 including US sale tax, shipping, insurance etc, vs $1250 here for the MS261. Also looking at a pair of 9-layer Stihl apron chapps for about $119 which would probably be $250 here.

hey paul have you tryed ringing a few local stihl dealers ... aprox 7 months ago brought stihl ms381 = $1250 off the shelf my local dealer $ 1150 that also included a bar cover , spare chain , 2 litres of 2stroke oil - stihls own brand , pack of 6 files and 2 litres of bar oil ...... as for the chaps brought a new set about 3 months ago off the shelf think thay where $190 ???? done me a deal for $165 ... but mine are like the full cover ones front and back ...

Only 1 local dealer here but it's worth asking. Don't think they'll go $500 lower though. Interesting that the 381 and 261 are the same price!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12