Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Wireless Controller and Solenoid Retrofit Recommendations?

Question Wireless Controller and Solenoid Retrofit Recommendations?

'Evening!

One of my sites needs an upgrade. There is system is in place. Presently, it's just manual valves in each section. Basic but effective.

The owner wants to automate it because they're away from home more often than not.

So, it's a retrofit job. I thought that maybe wireless solenoids could be the go. After all, it would save money for the customer, compared to laying new cable to all of the nodes.

It looks like there are seven sub-sections to be controlled, plus the main solenoid. The controller can be mains powered. The rest of the site is awkward (established garden, multi-level terraces, etc).

Is there any controller and wireless solenoid system that anyone is willing to vouch for?

Cheers - GardenGuy.
    My Garden Guy - www.mygardenguy.com.au. Visit us at Facebook too! Visit our Blog for seasonal updates and hints about what your garden needs now.
    Servicing Sydney's North Shore from Chatswood to Cowan. Lawn mowing, gardening services, clean-ups and more.

If you need lawn mowing and garden services, you need an ILMCOA member. Check the directory for someone local to you.

Default Re: Wireless Controller and Solenoid Retrofit Recommendations?

There are no wireless solenoids around yet, only battery operated valves with multi stations. You have to run the cable from the controller to the solenoid valves regardless of battery operated or mains power. If you want to have a master valve it may be difficult if you have numerous battery operated valves as you have to have it all synced so the master valve is on while the other battery operated valves are running.

Is there a way you can have the bulk of it connected to a controller (say 4- 5 zones) and then have a few battery operated valves in the higher isolated terraces? It would much easier that way.

This is what I have used before, this is the latest version, so I can't vouch for these but the earlier ones where good. I use three in my onw yard, to water my front lawn and gardens, plus to water my Bonsai plants which I water 3 times a day at the moment, very easy to reprogram. 9v battery operated, plus two small 1.5v circular batteries. 9v battery last about 12 months, depends on the amount of use, my Bonsai ones last 9 months. I check displays once month, it has a flashing battery if the 9v battery is low.
    http://www.catalog.netafim.com/catal...ro/filtertag/2

Thanks for the advice, gentlemen.

I'm going to take a closer look at the site and the design so I can offer the customer more options and steer them to the most effective one for their situation.

Again, thank you.

Best Regards - GardenGuy.
    My Garden Guy - www.mygardenguy.com.au. Visit us at Facebook too! Visit our Blog for seasonal updates and hints about what your garden needs now.
    Servicing Sydney's North Shore from Chatswood to Cowan. Lawn mowing, gardening services, clean-ups and more.

If you need lawn mowing and garden services, you need an ILMCOA member. Check the directory for someone local to you.