Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clients from Hell

Default Re: Clients from Hell

if you get locked up for being a miserable bastard and being abusive, id have a life sentence ...and alas, I do not lol
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

So true. Police can give them a talking too if they are not busy but generally wont get involved in a civil matter.
    If the dispute becomes a physical violent matter, then thats different. (assault, grievous bodily harm etc)
    Problem is, do you have to wait until it becomes physical. If you have to defend yourself physically, you're best to have a witness. especially if its an elderly person.
    I believe the best way is to tell them to stop. and if they continue, ill call the Police. Petty much the same way as harassment.
    Problem also is, these older men dont listen to anyone. and thats why they are like they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    If it was just abuse dont hold your breath about the coppers doing anything. They dont even charge people who abuse them nowdays
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Found this video of a cranky old bloke. i laughed so hard.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKgALW2h6js
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    If it was just abuse dont hold your breath about the coppers doing anything. They dont even charge people who abuse them nowdays
    Are they allowed to arrest them? The Poli's have watered down the laws over the years, and Magistrates are as soft as jelly these days. Do they still have the "Insulting Words" to use or has that gone?

A copper mate of mine told me this story years ago. Swears it was true but I am not sure. Could be urban legend. Anyway the story goes that the police prosecutor had a case up in front of a wishy washy magistrate out at Mt Isa. The defendent was charged among other things for swearing at police by repeatedly using the word F***. I think the charge was using offensive language.

Anyway the magistrate rules that the word F*** is no longer deemed an offensive word in modern day society and gave the coppers adressing down in court for even bringing the charge in front of him. Now you can imagine the prosecutor was a tad pissed off by this but there was not much he could do.

So the day wears on and after the last case the magistrate says to the copper "Do you have anything further for me Sgt" The copper packs up his briefs and turns to the magistrate and with a completely straight face said " F*** all your worship "
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12