Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Watering System Problems

Default Watering System Problems

Hi Guys, dont have much exp with these so here goes.

I have a 5 station Orbit controller which I reprogrammed connected with a Davey pump and rainwater re-use system.

I can get the key to the controller but not the re-use system. The system seems to be set on "rainwater" and we are not able to get any water so I assume we need to change it to "recycled water". We don't have the key to open the box which I assume is where we change the settings?? Need to get the watering system going urgently. Would there be standard type keys ordered from AKS and can I change it to recycled from there?
    WP_20130215_007.jpgWP_20130215_006.jpgWP_20130215_004.jpg

Default Re: Watering System Problems

I haven't seen that particular system before, but I would think it automatically changes from tank water to mains water and the light just tells you which system is currently in use. There would be a float switch in the tank that switches to mains once the water level in the tank gets to a Pre- set low level. I don't know for certain but the float could be set too low, or is snagged on something or is faulty and isn't switching to mains when the water level drops.

Is'nt that what the colored buttons are for?
    Maybe ring AKS?
    Cheers Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    I haven't seen that particular system before, but I would think it automatically changes from tank water to mains water and the light just tells you which system is currently in use. There would be a float switch in the tank that switches to mains once the water level in the tank gets to a Pre- set low level. I don't know for certain but the float could be set too low, or is snagged on something or is faulty and isn't switching to mains when the water level drops.
    Thanks mate. Will get it sorted with the boss now and get a pro in to look at it.