Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DMC Mowers?

Default DMC Mowers?

Just wondering if anyone on here has used the DMC mowers and other gear? His shop is just down the road from me and was thinking of checking it out.
    Being a newbie I am about to start purchasing my kit in the coming weeks and I know you get what you pay for. But I was thinking this stuff may be ok for back up or something..
    http://dmcmowersaustralia.com.au/
    He has a lot of stuff on eBay too.
    Also I'm very new to this forum so hello to all.

Default Re: DMC Mowers?

Hey mate
    People who have chondas like the ones they sell swear by them, certainly worth a look as if something goes wrong they have a shop front to go back to...not sure about the ebay type wippers, I`d be looking at a well named brand Like Makita that they say they sell..and don`t be afraid to barter for cash may save a packet...
    and
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Hi Snowy,

He also sells through eBay which is not a bad thing. You just have to research the product you're buying and I'd suggest doing exactly what you're doing and asking here.

If you are going to be using a Honda 216 or clone from these shops always check the price of spare parts with your Honda dealer too. A lot of what I buy is from the dealer as quite often it is cheaper especially if you have to add postage.

Thanks for the replys guys,
    I think I will check out his shop tomorrow. I really like the look of his multi whipper/ hedger/ chainsaw GX35 Honda. $449...
    On ebay
    [URL="http://DMC's 4 stroke + GX35 Honda engine Commercial MULTI-TOOL BRUSHCUTTER 5 IN 1"]

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

He also has a rover logo on his website so he might sell the rover procut 560... can't go past it for $650!

I was looking at the chonda from there last year... it just wasn't feasible for me as it is far away incase I required spare parts under warranty etc... At the price you should expect something could go wrong! (not saying it will though) from memory a member on here purchased one and had minor issues with slightly different sized parts compared to the genuine honda... and didn't last as long as a genuine honda... that was for 50+ lawns a week though.

There is also 2 different grades you can get also... let them know your a contractor and you should get the better option.

The fact that your just down the road it would still be feasible to try one out.... however, i would be comparing it closely with the rover though if they stock them also!

Simmo.

I've already ordered the rover 560 from another dealer near by. That was 4 weeks ago and it's still not in not that I'm in a rush but I want to get my gear sorted soon. I guess I'll check this mob out and do some more research. Thank god for this forum so much info on here. What did we do before the Internet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    I've already ordered the rover 560 from another dealer near by. That was 4 weeks ago and it's still not in not that I'm in a rush but I want to get my gear sorted soon. I guess I'll check this mob out and do some more research. Thank god for this forum so much info on here. What did we do before the Internet lol.
    Wow... 4 weeks, he must be waiting for more sales to come in before ordering it to save on freight... it normally takes 2 - 3 days max to get them sent up.

I'm gonna ask the question (as im curious)... why do you want 2 similar mowers (rover and a honda?)

I think people spent big $$$ on franchises before the internet... and some still do

Simmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Mowing Professionals View Post
    Wow... 4 weeks, he must be waiting for more sales to come in before ordering it to save on freight... it normally takes 2 - 3 days max to get them sent up.

I'm gonna ask the question (as im curious)... why do you want 2 similar mowers (rover and a honda?)

I think people spent big $$$ on franchises before the internet... and some still do

Simmo.
    I'm not really that intrested in the chonda mowers from DMC more intrested in his whippo range and the multi tool. But as I haven't handed over the cash for the rover I wanted to see what you guys thought.

Mate I buy a lot of stuff off these guys . As Simmo said he has 2 self propelled mowers one being better than the other you are better to go in and check it out if you are close by. I am in Newcastle and go down every now and then to stock up. Front axles wheels blades and bolts trimmer line filters drive shafts gearboxes and decks . I have however stopped buying the cheap drive shafts and gearboxes I think the genuine Honda ones are worth the extra money they just seem to last longer. I rang them last week to get another deck but they didn't have any said it would be 4 weeks so had to get one from Melbourne.
    Its funny how Simmo said people spend big dollars on franchises, I saw a guy the other day he had obviously just spent an absolute fortune on a jims franchise, He had and how is this for a rig a brand new vw amarok ute pulling a brand new tandem trailer with every accessory you can think of shiny new trimmers and mowers, I thought wow look at that I remember when I was young dumb and full a cum
    Oh that multi tool is crap there are really only a couple of multi tools worth buying stihl shindy and the husky these machines can make you a lot of money so its worth buying quality

Young dumb and full of cum.... Lol I haven't heard that one for a while.
    NLALM I will go in there tomoz for a look. Hoping to finish work early I'm ten mins up the road from DMC very intersted to see what he has.

Ok cool.. sorry, i got confused as the post prior to me was talking about honda 216 and clones. I Don't know much about the honda combi clones...

How much are they charging for the rover?

Note: NLALM is who i was referencing to the honda advice.

Simmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Mowing Professionals View Post
    Ok cool.. sorry, i got confused as the post prior to me was talking about honda 216 and clones. I Don't know much about the honda combi clones...

How much are they charging for the rover?

Simmo.
    The one I have on order is $650
    But I might get one from another dealer as 4 weeks seems a bit long to wait. I've been ringing them every now and then and they say the same thing... They are not in yet..... I'm thinking they will miss out on a sale.

If anyone is interested... my local dealer has a rover procut 560 with B&S 850 (only 1 left)

I'm happy with the chinese donk... but the rover sticker on it has almost faded in the sunlight

Simmo.

Where is he located Simmo? I work in Sydney a fair bit at them moment I could swing by. PM me.

Mate. I got one of their Honda multi tools. The motor is an original Honda. It arrived in the Honda box.
    The rest was in part Honda boxes and DMC bowes.
    So far. it is perfect. Ive been using it allot too.
    A bit heavy tho.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast