Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DMC Mowers?

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Default Re: DMC Mowers?

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Mate. I got one of their Honda multi tools. The motor is an original Honda. It arrived in the Honda box.
    The rest was in part Honda boxes and DMC bowes.
    So far. it is perfect. Ive been using it allot too.
    A bit heavy tho.
    Clear your PM inbox

Simmo.

Deleted all messages
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

You could buy a chonda at $650 that lasts you a year I suppose. Or you could buy the real thing at around $1500 and it will last many years. My original 216M1 is 3 years old now and has done the bulk of my work including plenty of ferals. And gets hammered by my VIP cousin when his rover breaks down. It's due for a wheel change but other than that is not showing any signs of packin it in in the near future. In the long run the real thing is usually cheaper unless you are really lucky.

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

Got one of the Honda multi tools off DMC today. Gave it a quick run and all seems good, I think it will be a good back up whippo if required and a handy hedge trimmer.
    Now I have to decide on a main whippo ( thinking a stihl ) , blower ( maybe stihl ) , hedge trimmer ( not sure ) and mower. Don't think I'm going to get the rover 560 now.... Looking at a genuine Honda.

Give us all some feed back on why you are now looking at the genuine. When I buy new mowers now they are genuine Hondas but I still buy the cheap parts. If you keep your eye open you can get good second hand stuff . I bought a genuine m2 a few months ago now for 800 it was as new. Its my mower and only I use it my offsider is not allowed to look at it let alone touch it

Trust me buddy. The real Honda whippy is great but it's heavy after useing it all day long.
    I reckon the best thing to do it to get a whippy that is very light.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Give us all some feed back on why you are now looking at the genuine. When I buy new mowers now they are genuine Hondas but I still buy the cheap parts. If you keep your eye open you can get good second hand stuff . I bought a genuine m2 a few months ago now for 800 it was as new. Its my mower and only I use it my offsider is not allowed to look at it let alone touch it

I am yet to trial one but the genuine Hondas to me seem to be the better built machine out of all I have looked at. Every dealer I go to recommends them and can't say enough how good they are. I really liked the rover 560 mainly because of the price. But I'm thinking of spending the $$ on the Honda.
    Also i have not had much experience mowing being as when I worked in this industry years ago all I did was maintenance garden work in a large retirement village ( I'm a plant man lol) I used to watch the lawn mowing contractors come in now and then. But it just seems when ever i see contractors they are all pushing Hondas.

hey snowy heres a Honda on gumtree but its near Port Macquarie I would offer him $750 cash you might get a bargin
    http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lakew...wer/1014089306

Ive had the Honda and now i have the rover. i like the honda for the 3 speed so you can slow it down and it has a throttle but the rover is a great mower and when you can nearly buy 3 to one honda i really dont think they are worth it if i was to buy another honda i would do what alfa did and get it from the us

see if a local dealer can get a mtd 509x for you http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/sh...D-yardman-509x

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by luketud View Post
    hey snowy heres a Honda on gumtree but its near Port Macquarie I would offer him $750 cash you might get a bargin
    http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lakew...wer/1014089306

Ive had the Honda and now i have the rover. i like the honda for the 3 speed so you can slow it down and it has a throttle but the rover is a great mower and when you can nearly buy 3 to one honda i really dont think they are worth it if i was to buy another honda i would do what alfa did and get it from the us
    I emailed the bloke, thanks for the link

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    see if a local dealer can get a mtd 509x for you http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/sh...D-yardman-509x
    I will check the yardman out thanks red eye

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    It's the one I've ordered. But I'm thinking of canceling the order...

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    what do you do for rear wheels on the m2? they wear out quick and genuine are pretty expensive!

Very Helpful Member
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast