Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DMC Mowers?

Default Re: DMC Mowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    what do you do for rear wheels on the m2? they wear out quick and genuine are pretty expensive!
    Chris you are right the genuine are expensive, I said somewhere that I only get about 3 months out of a set of rear wheels, that's because I buy the chinese rubbish which they are . The things you have to watch for are the tyre spinning on the rim, to fix this I put a couple of screws through the tyre into the rim, the other thing is they go out of round if you know what I mean, you cant mow a nice lawn if your wheels aren't round. I don't know why Honda don't make rubber rear wheels with steel rims like the old toro commercial mowers have. The grey ones are the ones that spin the white ones are the ones that lose shape

Very Helpful Member

i don't have a 216 but i use the after market ones on my 197's and find they last as long or longer than the originals
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Yeah its the drive wheels all the time cause when you take off you get a bit of wheel spin which you don't get when using an Armstrong mower

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Chris you are right the genuine are expensive, I said somewhere that I only get about 3 months out of a set of rear wheels, that's because I buy the chinese rubbish which they are . The things you have to watch for are the tyre spinning on the rim, to fix this I put a couple of screws through the tyre into the rim, the other thing is they go out of round if you know what I mean, you cant mow a nice lawn if your wheels aren't round. I don't know why Honda don't make rubber rear wheels with steel rims like the old toro commercial mowers have. The grey ones are the ones that spin the white ones are the ones that lose shape
    Sure are especially when you look at something like these http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...pid=0348#Cross

I use the genuine and used to change when the tread wore off but now ive learnt there is no point so use them until the bumps from the wheel push through the tyre... then you have to change coz they feel and sound like you are driving over train tracks!

But i think i know why they don’t make the wheels properly.....

Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    I emailed the bloke, thanks for the link

Thanks again luketud,
    I got the Honda for $850 it's in almost brand new condition been used twice. I pick it up on Friday

Thats a awesome buy snowy

makes me think i should of put a offer in unreal

Only downer is the 3 hour drive each way to get it. But all good

Good score mate let us all know how you like it

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    Only downer is the 3 hour drive each way to get it. But all good
    Downer... where i'm from that's called a road trip... and i love my road trips!

i can go pick it up for you if u like and you can mow all my lawns

Simmo.

If anyone is interested in a brand new 216 Chonda..(The good one) My mechanic is selling one for $900.
    Also selling the Honda original UMK425 and the later model both for $400.
    He getting rid of all his Honda stock.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

DMC mowers have a sale on . Some cheap stuff if you want to stock up. I try and keep some spares on hand, saves a bit of mucking around, like today when I broke the lever spring ,always have one on the ute ,its no fun pushing a mower

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123