Ok, Here in Melbourne, (mornington) I'm getting killed by the drought (if it's called that-don't think it's properly rained here since before christmas).

Out of my 11 regulars, 7 are postponed indefinately because there's nothing to mow and they don't need/can't afford gardening work done.
The three others are (just) keeping my head afloat as 2 of them have half a day each week and one half a day a fortnight.

My other clients are mainly casual jobs, so nothing coming through there at the moment either.

My wife works full- time and while she earns a semi-decent wage we're constantly struggling. Credit card is dangerously close to maxed......!etc etc.

I've only been going 12 months, and know that early days are hard, but not sure how long I can keep going, with 1 or 1.5 days work per week? I'm only able to work part time, but 3 or 4 days seems a long way away.

Hopefully Autumn will yield some rain, but I'm not hugely hopeful and then we get to quiet winter.... Don't think it can be much quieter than I am now!

Any tips from you gurus of the business? I have had advertising in the local paper and have good signage on car and trailer, but can't afford any more advertising at the moment.

Keep praying for rain!