Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: 3 prong cultivator

Default 3 prong cultivator

Does anyone own or, has anyone seen one with all 3 prongs set at the same depth?
    I hate the design with the deeper middle prong but, Ive never seen anything else?
    The middle prong is always set deeper & this annoys the carp out of me.
    I just want to scratch up the beds to a shallow depth , I dont want to rip through too many roots of existing plants & u can't do this uniformally if the prongs are set to different levels.
    Cheers Fred.

Default Re: 3 prong cultivator

I have an older steel cultivator which I can bend the tynes on but do that too much and it will crack.
    Do you have the Wolf attachment? I'm guessing it is chromed steel or stainless steel and would be too strong to bend?
    The other thing I find useful is a dutch-hoe as they just scuffle the soil to an inch or two deep.

Very Helpful Member

if your out glen waverley/syndal way have a look in flatmans hardware on Highstreet rd syndal i think i saw something like this in there a while ago i think it was 3 prongs set about level and pretty much in line unfortunately i can't remember who made them another one to look at might be http://www.bunnings.com.au/products_..._P3351262.aspx
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Very Helpful Member
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I've had this home made beasty for years
    IMG304.jpgIMG306.jpgIMG307.jpg

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Thanx for all the replies.
    Im being a bit particular but I was after something where the tyne flared out somewhat, like a traditional cultivator & all tynes were on the same level.
    May have to try one of Ian's suggestions if not.
    Redeye, that's just scarey!!!!!!!!
    Cheers Fred.

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Might be a stupid comment but will have to look at the angle you hold the cultivator at aswell. I'm sure some of them are made like your going to use it laying down.