Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Work Health and Safety Management plan

Default Re: Work Health and Safety Management plan

uncle Bob? lol

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Yep. thats him. I keep telling him to get some kind of cover.. But hes old school and says he just does a few jobs here and there....
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    uncle Bob? lol
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Short answer yes. If you are working on another persons property and paid for it you require all the WHS to be in place. Volunteer organisations need it all too

Well if he knocks someones eye out he's gonna get sued.

Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
    yes and if he doesnt have Public liability or WHS common law takes over and he will have to pay people cant go around causing injury or property damage and say to the judge im old school judge .

The person that employs them the home owner or Business will also come to grief with the authorities ,because this old school Billy Bob feels as though hes above the law and even good manners lol .

EVERYBODY is included in the new definition of a Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking (P.C.B.U. or pronounced "Peek a Boo"). Directors and business managers of public & private companies, but also Sole Traders and One Man Micro Businesses, even people without a formal business structure & just providing a casual service for cash! Every PCBU is required by this new "harmonised law", which sounds nice and innocent, almost harmless & friendly, to actually know about their increased obligations & increased responsibilities for safety.

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Thanks fro that Admin.
    Just had to make sure so now i can tell him and show his this post.

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    yes and if he doesnt have Public liability or WHS common law takes over and he will have to pay people cant go around causing injury or property damage and say to the judge im old school judge .

The person that employs them the home owner or Business will also come to grief with the authorities ,because this old school Billy Bob feels as though hes above the law and even good manners lol .

EVERYBODY is included in the new definition of a Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking (P.C.B.U. or pronounced "Peek a Boo"). Directors and business managers of public & private companies, but also Sole Traders and One Man Micro Businesses, even people without a formal business structure & just providing a casual service for cash! Every PCBU is required by this new "harmonised law", which sounds nice and innocent, almost harmless & friendly, to actually know about their increased obligations & increased responsibilities for safety.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Then again if all his assets are in his wifes name and he has bugger all money the legal side wont take it on as he can go bankrupt...I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post

I wouldn't work anywhere without insurance and I wouldn't employ someone I knew wasn't insured. It is simply a sign of respect for your client. If you can't afford insurance you can't afford to operate as a business of any type..

Uncle is getting his insurance done.
    But is not sure about the Work Health & Safety management plan.

I said its as important as insurance is... ( i think)

Dean,

In my past life as a Snr Coles Mgr and an actual Store Mgr for 27 yrs being responsible for 150-170 staff, I painfully understand the topic.

We were business audited as a trading unit along with me personally which then reflected within my KPI performance. Let alone the various unions that would be up your backside in a flash.

I was also nominated for an additional on top of my normal work role being the OH&S sponsor for southern NSW and Nth East Vic to role out new OH&S procedures to group management gatherings and to store teams. This after attending Melb based company workshops.
    OH&S at times was out of control with political correctness and compliance paper work putting limitations on staff to do tasks without online and practical OH&S joint University/Coles assessments and sign offs. Procedure compliance was scored/measured within the internal and most feared external Audits and your career would take a down high spiral for non compliance.
    External audit compliance enabled the business to remain able to be self insured for OH&S which saved the corporate bus mega $$'s.
    I still have many of their files on my PC and assessment documentations, formats of compliance, templates and all my power point presentations that I delivered to group audiences. I can feel a headache coming on (acute migraine actually, lol) thinking back to it.
    So I Understand the importance of it all and failings from non compliance.

Re your Indy Work Health & Safety Management Plan, how is it forwarded and binded in delivery. Reading from previous posts, it appears its files are e-mailed through. Can you share the index of material within, or if that's to be kept more secure and can that summary be e-mailed privately.
    Just that I'm not sure what is actually supplied when/if signing up for it with my public liability insurance renewal.
    I'm interested in your package as you can see as its way toooo time consuming to prepare documentation to specific tasks for the varied work/tasks we do. Having your OH&S book/manual/doc's written by someone who knows what we do, can be a time saver and enhance compliance.

Out of all the commercial jobs I do and I have a few from small to big, no one has asked me re insurance doc's, safe work practices, work method statements, risk assessments, hazard management, First Aid Risk Assessment, PPE, Worksafe white card, safety signs, Chemcert, etc, etc,etc. Even when I've mentioned do you want this and that ?

Bascially just would like to know what is provided (summary) in the Indy package and format of delivery, ie e-mailed file, Binder Book and does the package get up dates as legislation changes per state. Like me on the NSW/Vic border.

Big thanks in advance!!

Garry

Edit; where's the Panadol, I can feel the headache forming
    Cheers Garry

Gazza, often don't need to show anything but just last week we were told to only wear sleeves on a work site. Site needs full induction, jsa's, hot work permits (in some areas) hard hats (in some areas) etc etc.
    Eventually you will be asked for some sort whs plan. I was asked if I had any plan in place before starting this job. Saying that though, this is not the norm. (yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne Commercial Mowing View Post
    Gazza, often don't need to show anything but just last week we were told to only wear sleeves on a work site. Site needs full induction, jsa's, hot work permits (in some areas) hard hats (in some areas) etc etc.
    Eventually you will be asked for some sort whs plan. I was asked if I had any plan in place before starting this job. Saying that though, this is not the norm. (yet)
    When I was at Coles Wangaratta, my night duty mgr in full charge after I go home who was OH&S trained but not to my level in book work. One night went out to the carpark and rounded up some trollies very close to the store front. He knew the rules were to wear a lime green reflective striped vest and it was not worn. Wang being the regional Gov OH&S office the inspector was sitting out in the car whilst his wife was shopping and we got pinged. Yep had to do a report on that.
    The inspector bloke was a really good bloke though and he work with us and not against, but rules where rules.

If my post for Dean gets too far back l will have to bump it
    Cheers Garry

Recently I've been asked for a copy of my insurance and SWMS by strata companies

Yes Gary all pdf files supplied updates forwarded if any major changes .

Just because people dont ask you for your documents of lawfull business trade doesnt mean you dont need them . if they dont ask pass the documents to them regardless and teach them ,they surely wont hire the next guy that comes along without them ,once you have shown them what their duty of care is .

im sure some of you are doing work for kindergartens etc and they havent asked you for a police check or WHS .Ignorance is not an excuse .Your duty of care is to supply one even if they dont ask . PROTECT YOURSELVE PROTECT OTHERS .

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast