Default Re: Work Health and Safety Management plan

Yes my Work Health and Safety Management plan is to move to Shoalhaven
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    Yes my Work Health and Safety Management plan is to move to Shoalhaven
    Huh, what's tha attraction for you at Shoalhaven,
    Mild climate, ocean, inlets, sand, rivers, tinnie fishing, nice boat ramp, water front pub, maybe a few beers with Paul, golf club Nowra/Kiama nearby, more ocean.

Ok, I get ittt!!! as I load up my rig for a big days commercial work today in pee soup fog outside, wet dewed lawns/gardens and freezing 7deg.
    Would be better if was backing my 4.80mtr Ally Craft runabout with its 70Hp Yam and 4Hp Yam Aux into the boat ramp. For a days fishing on the Shoalhaven River.

Bugger, have lost all motivation to do anything now apart from have another coffee, but, have 7 hours min of work ahead of me today (Sun) that must be done. Bugger, now where is my "Mowing Ahead Sign".
    Cheers Garry

Duty of care these days is obsolete when i comes to people. ( not all people like us)
    Nobody wants to be held responsible...If they say i didnt see it, then they go on with their life...and cant be held accountable.
    Its just how people are with all the law suits etc...
    If you fall over in the street... Nobody will help you...
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Duty of care these days is obsolete when i comes to people. ( not all people like us)
    Nobody wants to be held responsible...If they say i didnt see it, then they go on with their life...and cant be held accountable.
    Its just how people are with all the law suits etc...
    If you fall over in the street... Nobody will help you...
    If you fall over at work Greenie will help you

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Huh, what's tha attraction for you at Shoalhaven,
    Mild climate, ocean, inlets, sand, rivers, tinnie fishing, nice boat ramp, water front pub, maybe a few beers with Paul, golf club Nowra/Kiama nearby, more ocean.

Ok, I get ittt!!! as I load up my rig for a big days commercial work today in pee soup fog outside, wet dewed lawns/gardens and freezing 7deg.
    Would be better if was backing my 4.80mtr Ally Craft runabout with its 70Hp Yam and 4Hp Yam Aux into the boat ramp. For a days fishing on the Shoalhaven River.

Bugger, have lost all motivation to do anything now apart from have another coffee, but, have 7 hours min of work ahead of me today (Sun) that must be done. Bugger, now where is my "Mowing Ahead Sign".
    LOL whats the attraction? That nice big beach on Redey's profile picture, I could make friends with that star fish lol

Whats that saying? Give a man a fish and you can feed him for a day, but teach a man to fish and he'll spend hundreds of dollars on gear and be out with his mates drinkin beer on the water all day, something like that

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    duty of care

I'm going around door knocking looking for more customers and come across ankle high grass in the front yard,as i walk over the lawn towards your front door i trip over the unseen water meter and break my collar bone and wrist on landing.

I sue you for hospital and medical bills pain and suffering and use the words that you did not exercise a duty of care in making a hazard more visible to the public.

You will fail. I will prove that you had a perfectly serviceable footpath to follow direct to my front door that offered no obstruction to you. You failed to take reasonable care for your own health and safety by walking across the overgrown lawn which is not designed or provided as public access to my property. Further more you ignored the sign at my front gate that stated Do Not Knock and where therefor illegally on my property
    A lawn mowing contractor turns up to do the units and sees the old fencing being replaced and the old fencing sheets have been left in the middle of the front lawns for removal,fencing contractor no where to be seen.

You cut around the pile of fencing sheets but that day the breeze has been increasing slowly to gail force winds.You finish and leave.
    A unit owner driving through and the wind picks up a sheet of fencing iron and it smashes the windscreen showering the driver with broken glass,ambulance/police called and a report is done with investigation.

It's noted the fencing contractor left sheets loose and is at blame,further investigation shows the lawn mowing contractor at time of mowing failed to report or act knowing the increasing winds could pose a danger and ignored a possible hazard.

What it comes down to is who can be blamed and who else is involved to take the blame that could of prevented the accident happing in the first place.

The primary duty of care rests with the person conducting the business or undertaking ie. the fencing contractor. My duty of care as another person on that worksite is to ensure that I take reasonable care of my own health and safety and that I take reasonable care that my acts do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons. There is no requirement on me to report the hazard to the owner of the land although common sense would dictate you would if you had the ability to do so. The injured party could try to claim off me but I am pretty certain I could prove that my actions on the day were reasonable and that I had carried out my requirements under OHS law adequately given I had no involvement with the workplace activity that caused the accident.
    No different then mowing a area where irrigation system has been installed and a hole was somehow left open by the contractor,you mow around it and 10 mins later a passer by steps in it and breaks a ankle.Once again you can take a share of the blame for injury because you ignored it and didn't exercise a duty of care

Refer to above.

You guys can come back with all the excuses you want,but standing in front of a magistrate you'll be wondering how the hell did it get to this point.

As I said before it all hinges around what is reasonable. As long as you ensure that your acts do not cause a danger to other persons and you adhere to the OHS legislation then you will be ok. No WHS inspector would prosecute you on any of the situations described and people will always try to sue whoever they can but they actually have to prove it and doing that isnt as easy as it sounds.

No different to work safe you are required to work safely and in making sure people around you are safe by identifying any hazard,but not only what hazard you can cause but hazards left by other people.

If you are the next person to see a hazardous situation the onus is now on you to deal with it
    Beetle as I said your drawing a very long bow mate. My thoughts in red above. Might pay for you to have a read of our relevant state legislation.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

sad but true BSD....well not sad really, its nearly beer o'clock

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Look out redeye sounds like an influx of beer bobs could be on their way

they've been here for a while, unfortunately, seem to have bred like rabbits this last year.....like that telstra ad said, "too many rabbits"

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    The primary duty of care rests with the person conducting the business or undertaking ie. the fencing contractor. My duty of care as another person on that worksite is to ensure that I take reasonable care of my own health and safety and that I take reasonable care that my acts do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons. There is no requirement on me to report the hazard to the owner
    Can't say I agree with that.
    You are also partly responsible for reasonable care toward anyone that follows up after you.
    If you, while present, observe a (serious) hazard and choose not to report/advise, then I suspect you may indeed share a measure of responsibility/liability.

Eg. Contractor mows a lawn at a child care center, and observes a growing crack in a tree limb.
    He determines that trees are not his responsibility - he mows lawns - and that since he is not an arborist, is not qualified to advise whether a tree is actually a hazard.
    Would he repeat that to the parents of child killed by that limb?
    Can he truly wash his hands of responsibility when a quick phone call or email suggesting suspected hazard should be inspected could have passed the responsibility back to those responsible for having same rectified?
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Let's compare Apples with Apples. Too many drinks, just in time to edit it
    Last edited by South East Mowing; 27-07-2014 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Too many drinks

gotta say john totally agree....lets not get all public servant.....common bloody sense ....an obvious hazard even beer bob would report it probably not but a professional like you guys would surely let someone know ..end of story

Quote Originally Posted by glassngrass View Post
    Can't say I agree with that.
    You are also partly responsible for reasonable care toward anyone that follows up after you.
    If you, while present, observe a (serious) hazard and choose not to report/advise, then I suspect you may indeed share a measure of responsibility/liability.

Eg. Contractor mows a lawn at a child care center, and observes a growing crack in a tree limb.
    He determines that trees are not his responsibility - he mows lawns - and that since he is not an arborist, is not qualified to advise whether a tree is actually a hazard.
    Would he repeat that to the parents of child killed by that limb?
    Can he truly wash his hands of responsibility when a quick phone call or email suggesting suspected hazard should be inspected could have passed the responsibility back to those responsible for having same rectified?

David I didnt say not report it. You left out the remainder of my sentence. The point is about who is responsible for the hazard under OHS legislation. Beetle is suggesting that we are if we dont take action to rectify it and make it safe. The legislation says differently.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Does the "Work Health and Safety Management plan" include a section on fire ants?

ie Qld specific

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast