Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Honda Power Equipment

Hybrid View

Aussie Honda Power Equipment

Dylan from Honda has offered up his services to help the members with any Honda Power equipment products.

The official account for Honda Power Equipment. This account is updated and maintained by Honda PE's PR & Marketing Officer. This account is not designed as a sales account; more of an authority on Honda products. Please ask questions! We take all user opinions seriously.

"Like" us at www.facebook.com/HondaLawnLovers and "Follow" us at @Honda_HPE
    Interests:
    Lawn & Garden Maintenance, Boating, Sports!
    PR & Marketing Officer
    Member of ILMCA:
    Yes
    Honda - The Power of Dreams
    powerequipment.honda.com.au
    Last edited by administrator; 09-03-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Honda lawn mowers

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Default Re: Honda Power Equipment

How do we contact him directly so we don't just get a smarmy, public-appeasing non-relevant reply? I'd like to ask why there's such large variances in the in the pressed shape and tip angles of the 216 blades. Half the ones in the box can't even be used because they are so out of shape.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    How do we contact him directly so we don't just get a smarmy, public-appeasing non-relevant reply? I'd like to ask why there's such large variances in the in the pressed shape and tip angles of the 216 blades. Half the ones in the box can't even be used because they are so out of shape.
    Paul do u think i would let some one into the best forum in the world to give just get a smarmy, public-appeasing non-relevant reply?

I have had a very good chat to Dylan .

Dylan knows what he is walking into and so does Honda Australia .

Im very impressed as i have asked many other suppliers to come on board over the years and they wont ,well at this stage anyway .

So lets all wait and see the "fair Go" Policy is in place .

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    Paul do u think i would let some one into the best forum in the world to give just get a smarmy, public-appeasing non-relevant reply?

I have had a very good chat to Dylan .

Dylan knows what he is walking into and so does Honda Australia .

Im very impressed as i have asked many other suppliers to come on board over the years and they wont ,well at this stage anyway .

So lets all wait and see the "fair Go" Policy is in place .
    If he has come on here for the right reasons he is going to be a very busy man. Let's hope this is actually the start of something going forward! We can only hope but time will tell.
    I will continue with my 215's and 195's for now though.

Junior Member Honda_Official_PR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    If he has come on here for the right reasons he is going to be a very busy man.
    South East Mowing, thanks for your concern

I will do my very best to respond to as many of your concerns as possible. I have been at Honda for only six months and am the Marketing & PR officer, so for some of the more technical questions it might take a while to get back to you. Of course, some might not be answerable, but rest assured that I will take the time to read every comment both negative and (hopefully) positive, and take your collective concerns up with our senior management staff.

I'm sure you can understand that many overarching decisions are made well above my head, but taking contractor suggestions is something that we are very serious about and I will do everything I can to pass your suggestions and concerns on.

Cheers,
    Dylan

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    you buy genuine Honda blades ? why?
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

is there a "dislike" button?

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Hey Dean I meant with regard to corporate Facebook pages as the way I read your post it sounded like we had to go to the Facebook page to talk to him. 99% of the time corporate Facebook pages are just a PR smokescreen. It didn't come across in the message that he would actually be answering questions here on the forum. I'm happy to hear this and will always give people a fair go until they prove to me otherwise

Hi Paul, sorry it's taken me a few days to get back to you. I will take your issue about the angles of the 216 blades with our engineer, and get back to you with any results as soon as possible.

Thank for your patience,

Dylan

Heres hoping, normally Honda just ignore us contractors.

My first question for Dylan is what are Honda doing to help us contractors make the new model 196's work in wet conditions, with half the chute blocked it is shocking when there is the slightest bit of moisture, are Honda offering a retrofit to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    My first question for Dylan is what are Honda doing to help us contractors make the new model 196's work in wet conditions, with half the chute blocked it is shocking when there is the slightest bit of moisture, are Honda offering a retrofit to fix it.
    Hi bb1, thanks for asking! Late last year Honda introduced the Big Bag Kit, which can be fitted onto all 19" models (except Mulch & Catch models). It retails at $80 and can be fitted by your local authorised Honda dealer in only half an hour. It has a larger tang and a 10% larger catching bag, and is designed to make life easier. For more information click here

The up-take of the Big Bag Kit has been very impressive over the past few months - of course, most of the country has been pretty dry conditions over the summer so the conditions could've been better! The Big Bag Kit has also been nominated for 2012 Product Of The Year in Power Equipment Australasia magazine, so I would encourage you to drop by your local dealer and give it a try.

Cheers,
    Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Honda_Official_PR View Post
    Hi bb1, thanks for asking! Late last year Honda introduced the Big Bag Kit, which can be fitted onto all 19" models (except Mulch & Catch models). It retails at $80 and can be fitted by your local authorised Honda dealer in only half an hour. It has a larger tang and a 10% larger catching bag, and is designed to make life easier. For more information click here

The up-take of the Big Bag Kit has been very impressive over the past few months - of course, most of the country has been pretty dry conditions over the summer so the conditions could've been better! The Big Bag Kit has also been nominated for 2012 Product Of The Year in Power Equipment Australasia magazine, so I would encourage you to drop by your local dealer and give it a try.

Cheers,
    Dylan
    Dylan, you must have miss read my comment, I was talking about the 196 which is a mulch and catch. Rang a dealer and he actually has never fitted one, because as soon as he mentions that you loose the mulch function, most contractors dont want it. So I am still left with a poorly designed 196 mower. Rememer this was the new and improved one, which in my view was ten steps back from the original 196.

So first question I'd like to ask Dylan (after saying welcome to ILMCOA) is:

Why is there such a large variance in the pressed shape and tip angles of the 216 blades (older 216D Mulch and Catch with round blade carrier)? Every second blade is pressed at a different angle. This is the same with every box of blades I buy and I have to sort through the box to match the blades into sets of four to ensure the cutting tips are all the same height when installed on the mower. I ultimately end up with a separate box of 'spare' blades which I hope I can match up with other blades the next time I buy a new box from my local dealer.

This may seem a minor thing but when you are mowing on the first or second lowest height, Santa Anna, Wintergreen and Qld Blue couch lawns that look like bowling greens, you can't have variances of up to 8mm at the blade tip and expect to achieve a consistent result week in week out.

I can buy the contractors' pack of Honda blades at about the same price as aftermarket ones and there's no extra postage or freight involved. I tried various aftermarket suppliers and they were the same or even more out of shape too so I went back to Honda. The tolerances are only marginally better with the Honda blades sadly.

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast