Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Honda Power Equipment

Aussie Honda Power Equipment

Dylan from Honda has offered up his services to help the members with any Honda Power equipment products.

The official account for Honda Power Equipment. This account is updated and maintained by Honda PE's PR & Marketing Officer. This account is not designed as a sales account; more of an authority on Honda products. Please ask questions! We take all user opinions seriously.

"Like" us at www.facebook.com/HondaLawnLovers and "Follow" us at @Honda_HPE
    Interests:
    Lawn & Garden Maintenance, Boating, Sports!
    PR & Marketing Officer
    Member of ILMCA:
    Yes
    Honda - The Power of Dreams
    powerequipment.honda.com.au
    Last edited by administrator; 09-03-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Honda lawn mowers

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Default Re: Honda Power Equipment

How do we contact him directly so we don't just get a smarmy, public-appeasing non-relevant reply? I'd like to ask why there's such large variances in the in the pressed shape and tip angles of the 216 blades. Half the ones in the box can't even be used because they are so out of shape.

is there a "dislike" button?

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    How do we contact him directly so we don't just get a smarmy, public-appeasing non-relevant reply? I'd like to ask why there's such large variances in the in the pressed shape and tip angles of the 216 blades. Half the ones in the box can't even be used because they are so out of shape.
    Paul do u think i would let some one into the best forum in the world to give just get a smarmy, public-appeasing non-relevant reply?

I have had a very good chat to Dylan .

Dylan knows what he is walking into and so does Honda Australia .

Im very impressed as i have asked many other suppliers to come on board over the years and they wont ,well at this stage anyway .

So lets all wait and see the "fair Go" Policy is in place .

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Hey Dean I meant with regard to corporate Facebook pages as the way I read your post it sounded like we had to go to the Facebook page to talk to him. 99% of the time corporate Facebook pages are just a PR smokescreen. It didn't come across in the message that he would actually be answering questions here on the forum. I'm happy to hear this and will always give people a fair go until they prove to me otherwise

Heres hoping, normally Honda just ignore us contractors.

My first question for Dylan is what are Honda doing to help us contractors make the new model 196's work in wet conditions, with half the chute blocked it is shocking when there is the slightest bit of moisture, are Honda offering a retrofit to fix it.

So first question I'd like to ask Dylan (after saying welcome to ILMCOA) is:

Why is there such a large variance in the pressed shape and tip angles of the 216 blades (older 216D Mulch and Catch with round blade carrier)? Every second blade is pressed at a different angle. This is the same with every box of blades I buy and I have to sort through the box to match the blades into sets of four to ensure the cutting tips are all the same height when installed on the mower. I ultimately end up with a separate box of 'spare' blades which I hope I can match up with other blades the next time I buy a new box from my local dealer.

This may seem a minor thing but when you are mowing on the first or second lowest height, Santa Anna, Wintergreen and Qld Blue couch lawns that look like bowling greens, you can't have variances of up to 8mm at the blade tip and expect to achieve a consistent result week in week out.

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    you buy genuine Honda blades ? why?
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I can buy the contractors' pack of Honda blades at about the same price as aftermarket ones and there's no extra postage or freight involved. I tried various aftermarket suppliers and they were the same or even more out of shape too so I went back to Honda. The tolerances are only marginally better with the Honda blades sadly.

Very Helpful Member

Have you considered that if they're all out of shape they're meant to be that way and you're just to straight and true for the blades
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    Paul do u think i would let some one into the best forum in the world to give just get a smarmy, public-appeasing non-relevant reply?

I have had a very good chat to Dylan .

Dylan knows what he is walking into and so does Honda Australia .

Im very impressed as i have asked many other suppliers to come on board over the years and they wont ,well at this stage anyway .

So lets all wait and see the "fair Go" Policy is in place .
    If he has come on here for the right reasons he is going to be a very busy man. Let's hope this is actually the start of something going forward! We can only hope but time will tell.
    I will continue with my 215's and 195's for now though.

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Have you considered that if they're all out of shape they're meant to be that way and you're just to straight and true for the blades
    You're correct. I am very straight.

^^ John you're right. By listening to professional contractors it could well provide Honda with immense knowledge to move forward with a better designed mower. Many of us have said it before; fuller chute to minimise blockages esp in the longer damp grass, 190cc commercial motor, shaft drive SP gearbox, blade brake yes - engine brake no, find a way to save weight so they don't sink into wet lawns, height/angle adjustable handle etc. What else, I'm sure there's more? Wondering if it would be possible to have an offset sliding driveshaft with uni-joints like a 4WD tailshaft - that would definitely allow for a wider chute.

We I have one suggestion for honda. The black covers over the cloth catchers are great in dry dusty conditions. However, now that we are experiencing a "grass wave" in Sydney, it is very restrictive of air flow with the amount of moisture the grass is holding. So the other day I took out my knife and cut some large flaps along the top, sides and back of the black dust cover. This allowed significantly more air flow ensuring that the catcher gets packed full in all but the most extreme of cases. So my suggestion to honda would be that the dust cover is made to be removable. Maybe fixed by either heavy duty press studs or a zipper or something like that. Those of you who complain about the small chute are kind of missing the point to some degree. The smaller chute actually means that the air is forced through at higher pressure that the larger chutes as long as the airflow is not restricted somewhere.

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast