Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Honda Power Equipment

Junior Member Honda_Official_PR's Avatar

Default Re: Honda Power Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    Dylan,

Thanks for fianlly answering one of my posts, I will refer you to several posts I made in the "What we want from Honda" thread for which I am still patiently waiting answers on, the posts are soemwhere between 36 and 43.

Thus far the only solution you have provided me for my queries was to try to "Sell" me a big bag kit, which even you own dealers are suspect of, and as I noted in one of my posts (still unanswered), significantly downgrades the mower, as confirmed by your dealers.

Yes it is Honda job to sell mowers, but one of the first speels on one of this posts by Admin and yourself, was that you werent here to push sales (which we all know you are), but also to help us contractors with genuine issues, I am not convinced that is what is happening. Just today again I was out with my new and improved Honda 196, mowing a little bit of wet grass and was blocked at least 10 times, what is honda doing to fix our problems, the only I have seen from you is that it will take years for Honda to change models, well thats not helping us contractors. What are you doding to make service departments more resposnsive to our needs. What are you doing to make the price realistic.

Maybe you didnt answer my queries because I have already stated some where that once my current dud 196 breaks, I am changing brands, thats fine, I am up front with that fact, but I would have thought Honda would be trying to retain every customer, not admit I have lost them, so I will ignore them.

Bert
    Hi Bert,

From the very first comment on this particular forum, the aim of Honda to have a presence and act as a voice from Honda. As I have consistently tried to mention, as a Marketing & PR Officer there is very limited work that I personally can do, rather than pass contractors' comments to Honda's sales and service departments & engineers. Unfortunately Honda cannot create a lawn mower that is perfect for every contractor's requirements at an affordable price (if it was possible to create such a mower, this forum wouldn't even exist!), of that I'm sure you can understand.

Also, have you tried using the Big Bag Kit yet? I would be very interested to hear feedback based on your experience with it.

Cheers,
    Dylan
    Honda - The Power of Dreams
    powerequipment.honda.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Honda_Official_PR View Post
    Hi Bert,

From the very first comment on this particular forum, the aim of Honda to have a presence and act as a voice from Honda. As I have consistently tried to mention, as a Marketing & PR Officer there is very limited work that I personally can do, rather than pass contractors' comments to Honda's sales and service departments & engineers. Unfortunately Honda cannot create a lawn mower that is perfect for every contractor's requirements at an affordable price (if it was possible to create such a mower, this forum wouldn't even exist!), of that I'm sure you can understand.

Also, have you tried using the Big Bag Kit yet? I would be very interested to hear feedback based on your experience with it.

Cheers,
    Dylan
    Hi Again Dylan,

Not expecting you to create a mower that suits everyone, never will happen, never can, I am realistic about that. But I think that from the general comments on here you must accept that Honda took a mower that was reasonably good and made a mess of it with your half chute and heavyweight deisgn. The real point is that Honda claimed it was the new and improved Honda, yet we are all telling you it isnt, but Honda doesnt listen.

As an example of Honda not listening, i just checked your first post, and you will notice that the very next post is the answer to the question that you just asked me above about the Big Bag kit. Why would I put on a Big Bag kit, which seriously downgrades the mower. So to again answer your question, no I havent tried the Big bag kit as it downgrades the mower as advised by several of your dealers. why would I put it on.

In regards to your comment that this forum only exists because the perfect mower doesnt exist, I think that shows you need to get out of your office and go and speak to real people, if you look at the forum, read what is on here, understand what is said, you will see that only some of it is about mowers, there are a lot of other excellent topics covered, where we give each other REAL answers and assistance.

As a marketing and PR person I would have thought your first aim would be to answer questions from your clients (thats us contractors amongst others), even if it is to say that I dont know, or I dont care or better still the view of Honda is xyz, but to let questions go un answered is, well I better not say as Dean will ban me, he may anyhow for questioning you. But hey thats life, if my clients ask me a question, I answer them, give them advise, and treat them as clients should be treated.

Dont panic, I can tell yoiu are not really interested in answering my questions, so I wont post any more questions for you.

I'm very happy to report that action has been taken on one of the issues that's been brought up on this forum by many contractors. Without jumping the gun with details, the results wil be available at Honda dealerships very soon (at this stage it is looking like before the end of the year). I will be sure to keep you posted on this.

Cheers,
    Dylan
    Are you dropping the price of a 216 to below $1000

Junior Member Honda_Official_PR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GQdude View Post
    Are you dropping the price of a 216 to below $1000
    If that was the case, GQdude, I'd probably need a bigger pigeonhole for all the presents I'd get from contractors!

I'll be sure to let you know once it's been announced.

Cheers,
    Dylan
    Honda - The Power of Dreams
    powerequipment.honda.com.au

Was talking to the local Honda guys about this last week and they knew nothing of it? Surely the dealers and distributors would be in the loop by now wouldn't they?

Thanks for your feedback Arfa. I've been at Honda for just on a year now, so obviously I'm still learning about the industry, and issues that came up a decade ago. I will, however, go through those threads you mention and pass the concerns and questions up the ladder where I can.

Over the past few months I know for certain[/I] that feedback proposed on this forum has been shown not only to senior engineers and business planners here at Honda Australia, but also to decision-makers at head office in Japan. I know this because I helped develop the presentation on behalf of concerned Australian contractors.

I'm very happy to report that action has been taken on one of the issues that's been brought up on this forum by many contractors. Without jumping the gun with details, the results wil be available at Honda dealerships very soon (at this stage it is looking like before the end of the year). I will be sure to keep you posted on this.

Cheers,
    Dylan
    Thanks for the reply Dylan
    Honda still make possibly one of the most reliable mowers available in Australia, but unfortunately they can no longer claim they make the "Best" mowers, as indeed they once were able to confidently boast.
    If Rover were to tidy up the reliability of their self drives with a decent drive ratchet design in the wheels, they would remove the only point of advantage Honda has over them. Resentment by contractors towards Honda's attitude and service would be enough motive for a majority to switch to the cheaper, more capable Rover mowers if only their reliability was moderately improved.
    You are right to be concerned about sales and your job - they are under threat, - and as we all know , it takes 10x the effort to restore a reputation than it does to destroy it.
    I hope it isn't too late for Honda to start listening, otherwise you'll just be pedaling gear for another "McCulloch". Even the Mighty Victa has been reduced to a cheap junk mower due to the neglect of design in favor of a quick buck by executives too clever to listen . History repeats when fools fail to learn from the mistakes of the past.

Do what you can to effect change, I wish you the best of luck.
    Time will tell what your real role and mission is here, your actions may be quite honest and well intended, only to be manipulated by your employer. Corporate business is simply layers of misinformation and deciept, wrapped in greed and tretchery.
    They leaders haven't got Arfa Brayne amongst them.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

Loaned one of my older but well maintained 195/s to a contractor who has a Honda/Chonda? mower. Told me " it was almost enjoyable" pushing that mower around all day and catches really well!

If that does not tell Honda something they will never learn. . Since the 195's it has mostly been down hill for Honda mowers.

Speak to the contractor concerned if you like as he has been around for a while and has a good business going, just has not used a good Honda mower before!

Had an interesting chat to a Honda dealer today. Asked him if Honda had fixed the 1/2 chute problem. His words not mine " they wont admit they have a problem, and have no plans to fix it, but it is killing us dealers".

He than tried to sell me the big bag option, but admitted that it was useless, downgraded the mower, and that he had only ever sold one, and the guy got it ripped out.

a followup for everyone on my comments a couple of weeks back. A thank you for all the emails, supporting my comments, I was a bit worried I was out off line, but by the number of emails, I know I am not the only one with these thoughts. And to answer one of the main questions I got through the emails, NO dylan hasnt tried to contact me to discuss. But I would not expect that, Honda have shut up shop and dont want to admit or listen to having problems.

80 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's ok ...due to necessity (nothing more) I went to a BIG franchise that are a massive stockist of all Honda products ...and he happily tried to sell me a Husqvarna ...told me what I already knew, not to waste my time on the new Hondas ...ill keep my Honda powered superswift commercial SP ...same reliable motor on a GOOD chassis
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

68 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its the way Honda think. Make more money... What's the word complaint mean??? ignore it....Keep working
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

got the 216 back from the mechanic. valves were way out and needed adjustment.
    new throttle cable and govenor adjusted.
    problem is. it still loses power when cutting long grass.
    i increased the revs but doesnt rev out as much as the chonda.
    any ideas? or has Honda made their engines like this now?
    its a year old
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

What's the word complaint mean??? ignore it....Keep working

a lot of manufactueres look at it as , well there still selling so dont bother rectifying issues.. stop buying them and then they might start to listen to the people .

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast