Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Honda Power Equipment

Default Re: Honda Power Equipment

also 10% heavier, on an already heavy machine if u manage to fill it before chute blocks up eh

Sterlo
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sterlo View Post
    also 10% heavier, on an already heavy machine if u manage to fill it before chute blocks up eh

Sterlo
    My understanding is that the chute wont block, because they have gotten rid of the half chute. Although they dont admit it in the advertising, just waffle words "Modified guide scroll for increased grass clearance" Thats PR speak, wonder wo came up with that - Which I understand that if you translate that to english it means "we stuffed up with the half chute, so we got rid of that, but also got rid of the mulch function". So a dodgy mower has turned into an even dodgyer mower because it no longer does what we said it would.

Reckon you'll be having a day off like me today

forgot about the chute being opened up with the mod.
    I reckon it was 15months ago ranch house tried to put me onto big bagger, once I mentioned weight etc and no more mulching which is the machines strength we both had a good chuckle.

Reckon ill be doing a few odds and ends that never seem to get done due to mowing, ie the little old ladies tree removal, the old fellas hedge trim....all the 10 min jobs that never seem to get done when things are as busy.
    catch up on a few quotes also, also expecting delivery of a new toy. Never stops really does it?

Sterlo
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

Intersting when you have a day off and go visit a new mower shop, get the guys talking and interesting stuff comes out.

Apparently when they unveiled the new and improved model (ie. Half chute disaster), all the dealers ran out and bought up the stock of the old model, becuase they knew they were a disaster even before they hit the streets.

Based on info provided apparently they have a licensing agreement with the current deck builder and they are stuck with the half chute until it runs out (not soon).

All dealers are complaining to head office, but they have told them they dont really care about the contractor market, consumers are the way to go. But he even agreed with me, that the consumer see's what the contractor uses and follows suit, his sales have dropped off significantly and is waiting for his contract with them to finish to get out fast.

He has even sold a heap of TPE's with Honda engine, the ones that are similiar to the old 196, and reports from his contractors are positive.

If it rains tomorrow may have to go sus out another new shop. it must be a concern when their own dealers are happy to openly discuss these issues with the clients.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is broke, it isn't worth fixing. So be a man.......
    Independent and i know it

Quote Originally Posted by Honda_Official_PR View Post
    I'm very happy to report that action has been taken on one of the issues that's been brought up on this forum by many contractors. Without jumping the gun with details, the results wil be available at Honda dealerships very soon (at this stage it is looking like before the end of the year). I will be sure to keep you posted on this.
    Cheers,
    Dylan
    So what's the big announcement Dylan?

I think they've made their announcement already GQ - a half-arse catcher mod for 19" cut mowers that kinda fixes the apron and adds 6 litres to the catcher. (wow - not)

Honda call it....................drumroll and fanfare please............................................ ... "The big bag Kit"

A lot of contractors chuckle at the stupidity and call it -- Honda's big "bagging out" kit. ............ "Bag out" a Honda today !!!

"Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

No it wasnt the Big Bag kit, it was there new sun protection cap, but they left of the brim, and had to send it back to the designers, now due out mid 2015

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    No it wasnt the Big Bag kit, it was there new sun protection cap, but they left of the brim, and had to send it back to the designers, now due out mid 2015
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

Hi Dylan Merry Christmas to you and Your family and thanks for taking on the challenge .

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Seems like Dylan has taken long service leave!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Seems like Dylan has taken long service leave!
    Not sighted since 28th of October Paul, wish i could have long service leave like that. Honda care, still waiting for their announcement that was going to get us all back on the band wagon. Honda care.

Walked into a honda dealer 2weeks ago to get the a drive lever for my honda , the dealer said he would order one and call when it was in, went back one week later after no call to see if it would be in soon the response was what oh sorry we haven't ordered it yet we'll order it now sir ..No thanks I'll get second hand one which I did out of the back shed but had to modify it because it was from an older model..
    Was in the market for a new mower on the week end thank you Masters for my rover I won't look back ( at least rover parts are available at almost every mower dealer )
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    Walked into a honda dealer 2weeks ago to get the a drive lever for my honda , the dealer said he would order one and call when it was in, went back one week later after no call to see if it would be in soon the response was what oh sorry we haven't ordered it yet we'll order it now sir ..No thanks I'll get second hand one which I did out of the back shed but had to modify it because it was from an older model..
    Was in the market for a new mower on the week end thank you Masters for my rover I won't look back ( at least rover parts are available at almost every mower dealer )
    honda care !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

honda, care less

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast