Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Honda Power Equipment

Default Re: Honda Power Equipment

they may be a good mower, but they are NOT worth the money in their current form. I have resorted to a Superswift S/P commercial for $1000 ..using the same old GXV160 motor (green and gold approved) and single speed SP ...but the chassis makes up the difference in my opinion. I am between 6'4-6'5 and its a comfortable pace for me. ymmv
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

oh, and they are Australian made too ...thanks Jims franchisee :P lol
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

Seems the original page has become this one:

https://www.facebook.com/HondaPowerEquipmentAU

Well if that is the announcement than we have waited a long time for not much. And still waiting to be announced on here.

Great 10% bigger bag, but you actually have to do 9 catchers full before you save anytime, looking at the lawn the jims friendly was doing he only had a couple of bags, so no benefit there. You have to do some big lawns to get any real benefit. So his figures are dodgy

From my understanding from talking to a Honda dealer, the Long range is really just the current mower with a big Bag kit attached, so they havent really announced anything new, just taken out the step of having to seperately install the big bag kit.

And the biggie for me and I am sure others, you loose the mulching capability. so it is no longer a mulch and catch, but a catch only, so if you want to mulch take 2 mowers with you.

Loved how slow he was mowing those lawns, 75 a week he reckons at that pace it would be 20 a week.

Honda claim to have taken contractor feedback, well I think we had already told them the big bag kit was a wan?nk, so did they really listen to us.

And yes their maths on the cost savings on mowers and the savings on stops was wrong, but we wont hold that against them.

Just found the announcement Dylan was really refferring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AKRHod8Sgs

Dirtbike express???
    Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    Just found the announcement Dylan was really refferring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AKRHod8Sgs

Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
    Dirtbike express???
    no, the cap ,,,,,,,,,

lol....
    Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    no, the cap ,,,,,,,,,

As annoyed as I am with Honda Australia, It may not be fair to blame Dylan for Honda's sins.
    It's a bit like abusing the teller at the bank because the Managing director took a $15 million bonus and increased your mortgage interest rates. The teller is just the poor bugger stuck in the middle, trying to do his job, earn some cash and feed the family.
    I'm not saying that is the case with Dylan, but if he was just a poor bloke trying to make a difference and earn a quid, then it would be low to unload on him while his bosses use him as a human shield.
    Everyone deserves a fair go - and I would like to hear Dylan's side of the story if he has been given the sack.
    I know what corporate is like - that's why I quit it almost 20 years ago, I didn't want to become "one of them".
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

He's still there Arfa. Pretty sure it was Dylan who replied to me on the Honda facebook page a couple of days ago. I think Honda has been spending their time producing that Youtube clip with the Jim who did the big reveal for them. As if Jim needs a hand. Would have been great to see an Indy doing that for ILMCOA instead.

Hey Arfaa, dont think anyone is really having a go at Dylan directly, more at Honda, but as the public face of Honda, he is the one that we don't see, and don't hear from. Sure it is his bosses that tell him what to say. In fact from my source at Honda, I am told that every post he was doing, had to be run past senior management before he hit the post reply button. My understanding is that Dylan is a great guy, just caught up in Honda's failures.

I guess we'll just have to wait for a reply on this thread from either Dylan or Honda.
    Unfortunately the silence seems to speak for itself.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Personally and professionally I don't give two hoots about the bigger bag. If Honda want to stop haemorrhaging sales to Rover and Chondas there's two or three things they need to do. Bigger, better flowing chute, bigger motor and more competitive price.

They are a good mower but they could be so much better.
    After watching the new Honda promo it makes you wonder, here we have a Jims mowing contractor mowing around 75 lawns a week with seemingly no issues with Honda mowers.....has the 10% bigger bag made a difference with airflow and the clogging of wet grass in the chute? has anyone tested it yet?

Honda and Jim's must be in bed together
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Honda can provide me with one to test for them if they like. I mow just about every type and length of lawn here :-)

Don't know where or for how long they tested them as I haven't seen anyone here with one or any in the store for that matter.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast