Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Honda Power Equipment

Default Re: Honda Power Equipment

Yes would be a good way to prove the point give 2 or 3 mowers to independent contractors to test them them out in various conditions,if their as good as they reckon they should have nothing to fear.

I recon this would make Honda wake up

Make a video of a Honda 216, the new 10% extra Honda and a rover all in a line.

Mowing wet 2inch and 4 inch grass.

surprised no one has done it yet.

Even Honda wont show a video of it as they know it wont work! they just get some jims guy who get his gear for free to say some bullsh*t for 3 minutes and expect the average idi*t to believe them!
    Independent and i know it

For those of you like me wondering what happened to Dylan:

photo.jpg

No Honda based chatter! LOL

Junior Member Honda_Official_PR's Avatar

Gents, I have been on paternity leave for the past couple of months, so I was away for much of November, December & the first half of January. I'm sure you'll agree that the birth of your first child is a higher priority than rushing back to work. Still, apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Yes, the new product I mentioned last year is the 19" Honda "Long Range" Buffalo Mower, which has used your contractor feedback re the chute size (thank you GQdude for sharing it in my absence). It is not going to change the world, but it is specifically designed to make life easier for contractors who were suffering from clogging issues. Nearly 20 separate comments from this forum thread were used in the presentation to head office in the lead up to getting the Long Range produced; I know this because I copied the comments into the presentation.

Admittedly, the Long Range doesn't come in a mulching model, but given that this is a priority for many contractors it is something that I have been assured that engineers are looking to incorporate. It's cold comfort for you now, and it's cold comfort for Honda Australia now, but it is something that is being worked towards.

Honda is certainly not "in bed" with Jim's Mowing; George Labbad is a single franchisee of Jim's Mowing, and he - like all other franchisees - chooses his own equipment. Just like the contractors here on this forum, he has been very honest in his opinions on Honda mowers over the past couple of years, having used them for a long time and acknowledging their strengths and weaknesses. Honda provided Mr Labbad with some points to mention, such as the difference in bag size, and the different chute & airflow design. However, the majority of the words that he speaks in the video are his own.

Before casting it off, can I ask if any contractor here has had the opportunity to use the Long Range yet? It would be unfair to cast judgement on a product before even trying it (I'm sure you'd be a bit miffed if people were saying negative things about your service before they'd had the chance to experience it themselves), so I would like to offer you all the chance to trial the Long Range Buffalo.

If you have a relationship with your local Honda Power Equipment Dealer, can you please send me the name of the dealership in an Private Message before the end of January, and at the start of February I'll ensure that your dealer will have a Long Range unit in stock for you to borrow, so that you can test it out for yourself.

Cheers,
    Dylan
    Honda - The Power of Dreams
    powerequipment.honda.com.au

Message sent Dylan.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Message sent Dylan.
    You know they only fit the Armstrong model

Oh. Stuff that then. I thought it was a 216...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Oh. Stuff that then. I thought it was a 216...
    So PaulG, are you saying you do not want to give this mower a try? As per my email to you, we will be getting in touch with Motor Mecca in February to arrange for them to have one available if you are serious about testing it out.

Let me know.

Cheers,
    Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
    Yes would be a good way to prove the point give 2 or 3 mowers to independent contractors to test them them out in various conditions,if their as good as they reckon they should have nothing to fear.
    Send me a direct message with your details Tomo, like I mentioned earlier in the week if you have a good relationship with your local Honda dealer then we will arrange for them to have a unit for you to try in your local conditions.

Cheers,
    Dylan

Hi Dylan, I'm a little confused. After 16 pages of comments, complaints and suggestions relating to the HRU216, you say Honda has listened by modifying a 19" non self propelled mower?

Hi Dylan,thank you for the offer to test the 19" Honda "Long Range" Buffalo Mower,....but as far testing the mower at this time of year in Melbourne wouldn't challange the mower properly, with everthing being bone dry from the recent hot spell i think any mower would cut and catch paspalum and dandelion without a problem,

I think the real test for the 19" Honda "Long Range" Buffalo Mower in my opinion would be testing it on wet kikuyu grass that hasn't been mowed for 4 or 5 weeks,if it can cut through it without having to poke the chute with a stick or make any other adjustments and fills the catcher bag up i would certainly consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
    Hi Dylan,thank you for the offer to test the 19" Honda "Long Range" Buffalo Mower,....but as far testing the mower at this time of year in Melbourne wouldn't challange the mower properly, with everthing being bone dry from the recent hot spell i think any mower would cut and catch paspalum and dandelion without a problem,

I think the real test for the 19" Honda "Long Range" Buffalo Mower in my opinion would be testing it on wet kikuyu grass that hasn't been mowed for 4 or 5 weeks,if it can cut through it without having to poke the chute with a stick or make any other adjustments and fills the catcher bag up i would certainly consider it.
    No worries Tomo, let me know when you think you'd give it a good run, and I'll see what we can do then. Again, feel free to shoot me a private message when you're ready and, if it's all good from my end, we can sort out the finer details then.

Cheers,
    Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by GQdude View Post
    Hi Dylan, I'm a little confused. After 16 pages of comments, complaints and suggestions relating to the HRU216, you say Honda has listened by modifying a 19" non self propelled mower?
    I thought it was a SP......sorry Dylan was only interested in trying a SP which is the main issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by GQdude View Post
    And really only gave us the 196 with a permanent Big Bag kit, minus the mulching which has also being knocked on the head. Did they really listen to us ???????????????????

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast