Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Honda Power Equipment

Default Re: Honda Power Equipment

The 196 already had a large shute for the grass clippings.... And i cant remember any clogging issues with it.. Only the 216...

I thought the new and improved HONDA mower they were talking about was the 216 Self propelled with a larger shute???

Judging from Honda's history, I really dont think anyone would like to buy the new 216 and see how it goes....Probably get the same problems but different cover.

As for removing the mulching and enlarging the shute on the 19inch pushy????
    And not the 216 S/P?
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Yes the 196 already had a large chute until they made it the new and improved 196 and it also got the half chute. The original 196 didnt clog only the new and improved 196.

Ill stick with the old Hondas....
    The older ones are better then the "New and improved"
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Ill stick with the old Hondas....
    The older ones are better then the "New and improved"
    Unfortunately some of us had to "upgrade" and got sucked in by the slick sales, and were lead to believe they were the "new and improved" model.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda_Official_PR View Post
    So PaulG, are you saying you do not want to give this mower a try? As per my email to you, we will be getting in touch with Motor Mecca in February to arrange for them to have one available if you are serious about testing it out.

Let me know.

Cheers,
    Dylan
    Sorry Dylan,

I completely didn't realise this was a 196; a had in my mind that it was a modified 216.

I already have an older 196 with a full, open chute and it's a great mower but I mainly just use it here at home these days. 100% of my client lawns are done with the old 216D.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Sorry Dylan,

I completely didn't realise this was a 196; a had in my mind that it was a modified 216.

I already have an older 196 with a full, open chute and it's a great mower but I mainly just use it here at home these days. 100% of my client lawns are done with the old 216D.

why dont ya just give it a crack PAULG after all its free to try and if Dylan is keen to set it up for you = still good feed back for honda ,

I thought about that but I don't really have anything to compare it to as a benchmark not having used any of the more recent Honda models.

I just wish Honda would ask real contractors you know someone with a few hundred lawns so you know they are smashing their mowers, they have to to get the work done. Not give jim some more free advertising, They tell us that they have had gear tested by contractors, well who are they, give us a list so we can ring em up we need fair dinkum people to give their unbiased opinions not piss in Hondas pocket.

Dylan is offering a free demo on what we already know is a good PUSH mower. (And as usual Honda went the wrong way this time by removing the mulching.....) Besides... Why would we want to push a mower around all day-When we have the Self propelled???

So theres no real wow factor here. Just Honda waving the flag again.
    As for the contractors testing the Honda gear???? Yep. just one Jim's mowing guy. And he doesnt even have that i mow 10 jobs per day look to him either...
    The bottom line is... There is no change to Honda. Just getting cheaper and less for more money.
    They dont listen to us... They are a business to make as much as they can get. Their stuff is now made in Thailand and China too. So im really thinking of going to another brand.

Like really....there is so much crap about honda here i just wont look at anything with the name, why not just ban any honda blogs forthwith. And lets get moving again.Eff Jimbo's, VIP'S, etc, work on our/your setup and get on with things.
    Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Dylan is offering a free demo on what we already know is a good PUSH mower. (And as usual Honda went the wrong way this time by removing the mulching.....) Besides... Why would we want to push a mower around all day-When we have the Self propelled???

So theres no real wow factor here. Just Honda waving the flag again.
    As for the contractors testing the Honda gear???? Yep. just one Jim's mowing guy. And he doesnt even have that i mow 10 jobs per day look to him either...
    The bottom line is... There is no change to Honda. Just getting cheaper and less for more money.
    They dont listen to us... They are a business to make as much as they can get. Their stuff is now made in Thailand and China too. So im really thinking of going to another brand.

Dylan
    Congratulations on the new addition to the family. I hope your wife and son are both well.
    There seems to be a little confusion here about Honda Australia listening to our problems.
    The usual "commercial mower" used by contractors is the HRU216. It is a 21 inch cut, self drive mower, and the problems with lack of power and choking on wet grass are well documented. You mentioned "quoting posts on this forum" in the report to your seniors to deal with the problems experienced by contractors.
    How then does this get interpreted into a 19 inch cut push mower ??? - basically a domestic mower, as the cure for the problems contractors face??

It's like a farmer complaining about his Hilux's 4x4 ability, so Toyota address his problems by raising the ground clearance on a Camry sedan. - Do you think this would indicate that Toyota were listening to their customers and taking the feedback seriously.?? NO.

Here is a photo to help you unerstand - it is of a HRU216 Catcher beside a HRX217 catcher.
    IMG_3400.jpg

Can you see the difference ? - a lot more than 6 litres worth of "big bag" - and it's the standard catcher on the HRX
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

the big bag catcher is even smaller than the hru216 mowers

Gone again, maybe not enough sales and to much criticism.

I hear you BB1.
    I too am in the same boat.
    Now i look for the older Hondas on ebay. Hopefully some old guy sells his 'one and only love' used for domestic use...

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    Unfortunately some of us had to "upgrade" and got sucked in by the slick sales, and were lead to believe they were the "new and improved" model.

Junior Member Honda_Official_PR's Avatar

Hi BB1,

I haven't gone anywhere, don't worry.

I've been taking all the feedback here and pushing the 216 suggestions to senior management; like I've said all along, these things take time to make their way up the chain to Head Office in Japan, then back down the manufacturing & testing line back to you guys.

3 weeks and no comments on this thread though - must be busy out there guys!
    Honda - The Power of Dreams
    powerequipment.honda.com.au

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast