Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Honda Power Equipment

Default Re: Honda Power Equipment

something about flogging a dead horse, most guys have probably given up trying
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

While most of you know I'm not a fan of Honda OPE equipment, I think Dylan deserves a bit of common decency for coming on here - he's not the boss deciding what comes to Australia, don't shoot the messenger fair go

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    While most of you know I'm not a fan of Honda OPE equipment, I think Dylan deserves a bit of common decency for coming on here - he's not the boss deciding what comes to Australia, don't shoot the messenger fair go
    Exactly right, think about it do we really think Honda are going to listen to a few guys who don't like there mowers. I would like to know Australias % of sales globally. I mean compared to the yanks we would be a drop in a bucket that's why we are suffering with mowers not made for our conditions.But as I have said before the mowers are not as bad as some guys make out they are, They tend to have over expectations of the capability of the machines, but there are still things I dislike about the machines

We are not havinng a go at Dylan, in fact by what a Honda insider told me he is a great guy, just hamstrung by management.

We know that Honda dont care, they let Dylan come on here (thats good), than dont even bother to replace him when he goes of on paternity leave. Any business that cared about their customers would make sure their Sales/PR person was replaced, so that customers werent left wondering if he was still with the organisation.

Honda had a good mower which was almost on every trailer, but than they made it the new and improved model, which in general is what most people have being complaining about, even the dealers see it as a joke.

They dont answer questions, they dont return phone calls, thats what we are saying. Dont hide behind your mistakes come out admit them, move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    Dont hide behind your mistakes come out admit them, move forward.
    YES except that`s move backward and bring back the the old 215 (even 2 speed was good) or original 1st 216 3 speed no blade brake (the lighter weight one)
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    YES except that`s move backward and bring back the the old 215 (even 2 speed was good) or original 1st 216 3 speed no blade brake (the lighter weight one)
    That's right why don't we have a choice? It is law in the USA that mowers have a blade brake or engine brake, but its not law here, I have been told that it will be one day, well until that day comes I would like the choice, why don't we??? The lighter model was much easier to get up and down stairs than the new heavier one

I thought our 216 Honda decks were cast in Australia? Is that no longer the case? Why does Japan need to be consulted?

WTF is Honda gear always so flaming heavy?

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post

1st 216 3 speed no blade brake (the lighter weight one)

That's the one i got,works fine when cutting dry grass,hate the bag.I'd have a plastic catcher anyday.
    The speed mod on revs makes better cutting time,but still not fast enough.
    I sure would like to meet the people who designed these machines as i got a few words for them.

Damn wish someone would create a Honda production assebly here in Australia with all the correct improvments. And without consulting Japan.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Damn wish someone would create a Honda production assebly here in Australia with all the correct improvments. And without consulting Japan.
    there's plenty of spare space in the Toyota factory......

Sterlo
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

Junior Member Honda_Official_PR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    I thought our 216 Honda decks were cast in Australia? Is that no longer the case? Why does Japan need to be consulted?
    Yes PaulG, they are manufactured here in Australia; given that Honda is a global brand though, it's just the way things have to be done. I realise that it's not the fastest way to get results to the end user, but unfortunately it's just the way it is.

(I realise that's a pretty average answer. There are plenty of my colleagues in Australia that would love to be able to quickly and nimbly introduce improvements into our country, but given that we work for a multi-national company, it's never going to happen like that).

Cheers
    Honda - The Power of Dreams
    powerequipment.honda.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Honda_Official_PR View Post
    Hi BB1,

I've been taking all the feedback here and pushing the 216 suggestions to senior management; like I've said all along, these things take time to make their way up the chain to Head Office in Japan, then back down the manufacturing & testing line back to you guys.

3 weeks and no comments on this thread though - must be busy out there guys!
    There isn't any need to do manufacturing and testing short term - just make available the same range of Honda mowers that are sold to other countries like the USA and the UK.
    Stop treating Australian consumers like stupid second class citizens.
    AND
    Please don't feed us excuses you know are complete bull**** - (I thought you might be better than that. ) You know you don't have to design a brand new model from scratch.
    All Honda has to do is reverse engineer their commercial models to what the contractors once bought before they were "improved"
    All Honda has to do is supply Australians the same model range and options already available in large numbers elsewhere in the world.

This thread has been running 18 days short of a full year, 268 posts, 18 pages of comment, and if you tally ONLY the 3x threads under the "Honda Mowers Brushcutters Power Equipment" section there have been over 31,500 views on these posts.

To date there has been ZERO usefull outcome.
    To quote Mow & Go's comment yesterday "something about flogging a dead horse, most guys have probably given up trying"

Yes it is "busy out there" - we don't have the time or patience to wetnurse a multinational corporation who don't care or listen to the customer. We simply find a way to get the equipment we need from someone else, get the job done, and let everyone know about our experience with Honda.

My advice to you is to get out of Honda, and change to a company who isn't using you as a human shield.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

This is how i see the Honda 21" self propelled

Forward speed not fast enough with additional rev mod adjusted

Bag sprays dust all over the user and balloons out and makes it hard to empty a full bag,plastic catcher is better

Chassis scrapes ground on lowest setting and unable to scalp a lawn with the blades

Height adjuster handle too short and difficult to adjust

Handle bars are designed for average height person 5'6" so too low for tall people

Grass chute too small grass clogs up when cutting wet grass,not a winter lawn mower

Lawn mower is very good and is a high quality product for domestic use only.

Not recommended for professional use

Im with you Arfa on this one.
    Im now looking at changing the 216 to suit.
    Ill be welding and cutting.
    Im going to improve the Honda 216. Because Honda wont.
    Im not buying the current or new 216.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfa Brayne View Post
    There isn't any need to do manufacturing and testing short term - just make available the same range of Honda mowers that are sold to other countries like the USA and the UK.
    Stop treating Australian consumers like stupid second class citizens.
    AND
    Please don't feed us excuses you know are complete bull**** - (I thought you might be better than that. ) You know you don't have to design a brand new model from scratch.
    All Honda has to do is reverse engineer their commercial models to what the contractors once bought before they were "improved"
    All Honda has to do is supply Australians the same model range and options already available in large numbers elsewhere in the world.

This thread has been running 18 days short of a full year, 268 posts, 18 pages of comment, and if you tally ONLY the 3x threads under the "Honda Mowers Brushcutters Power Equipment" section there have been over 31,500 views on these posts.

To date there has been ZERO usefull outcome.
    To quote Mow & Go's comment yesterday "something about flogging a dead horse, most guys have probably given up trying"

Yes it is "busy out there" - we don't have the time or patience to wetnurse a multinational corporation who don't care or listen to the customer. We simply find a way to get the equipment we need from someone else, get the job done, and let everyone know about our experience with Honda.

My advice to you is to get out of Honda, and change to a company who isn't using you as a human shield.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast