Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Honda Power Equipment

Default Re: Honda Power Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Arfa Brayne View Post
    ...To quote Mow & Go's comment yesterday "something about flogging a dead horse, most guys have probably given up trying"
    YAY! I was quoted! lol ...pad
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

For an option - check out this thread http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/sh...-an-Aussie-HRU

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    This is how i see the Honda 21" self propelled

Forward speed not fast enough with additional rev mod adjusted HRX is like an additional gear faster above the Aussie 21"

Bag sprays dust all over the user and balloons out and makes it hard to empty a full bag,plastic catcher is better HRX has dual skin bag, is 80+ Litres capacity and a huge throat to empty from

Chassis scrapes ground on lowest setting and unable to scalp a lawn with the blades - HRX has same problem - I modded mine to lower the blades slightly

Height adjuster handle too short and difficult to adjust HRX has the 4x adjusters (American style), more fiddly, but better control of how you cut

Handle bars are designed for average height person 5'6" so too low for tall people HRX has bigger diameter tube and slightly longer with 3x position height adjustment - I'm 5'11" and I use the middle setting.

Grass chute too small grass clogs up when cutting wet grass,not a winter lawn mower HRX mulches and catches beautifully wet or dry - only problem is when grass is soaking wet and it sticks to the underside of the deck, then drops down in a big clump. Will pack the catcher tight with wet grass

Lawn mower is very good and is a high quality product for domestic use only. HRX runs Hydrostatic drive, has Nexite deck (which wears similar to aluminium) blade clutch, built in mulch plug (varimow system) is lighter in weight, more powerful engine, bigger catcher, retails for under $800 USD and you can import one into Australia without import duties (import duties only apply for items over $1,000 AUD) for about $300 freight in under 14 days direct from the USA. It's basically a HRC (the S2,400 Aussie commercial steel deck Honda) with a bigger engine at half the weight.

Not recommended for professional use
    Read the thread I gave the link to at the top of the page, and you'll see how the HRX runs as a commercial mower.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

I use my old hru195 on all my lawns at present, but since I have gone full time and the wet season has hit I have lost all the excess body fat from 16yrs taxi driving. At the end of the day I am so buggered, I am seriously thinking I need to go SP asap and the HRX is in my sights big time (just got a few other bills that are a priority). So happy that I was told about ILMCOA it's not funny. Love the way that you speak Arfa, no BS or second guessing, so why don't Honda introduce the hrx to Oz Dylan - would put Honda back on top real quick- a no brainer!!!!!!

What is so good about Honda's?...like I now have a Rover Pro cut 560, it cuts 6 inch kik in the wet and catches the whole bloody lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by troppo View Post
    I use my old hru195 on all my lawns at present, but since I have gone full time and the wet season has hit I have lost all the excess body fat from 16yrs taxi driving. At the end of the day I am so buggered, I am seriously thinking I need to go SP asap and the HRX is in my sights big time (just got a few other bills that are a priority). So happy that I was told about ILMCOA it's not funny. Love the way that you speak Arfa, no BS or second guessing, so why don't Honda introduce the hrx to Oz Dylan - would put Honda back on top real quick- a no brainer!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
    What is so good about Honda's?...like I now have a Rover Pro cut 560, it cuts 6 inch kik in the wet and catches the whole bloody lot.
    like I now have a Rover Pro cut 560, it cuts 6 inch kik in the wet and catches the whole bloody lot.

Wow ...really. that's what we want to hear,i may make the change soon.Or at least use it for a winter mower.
    What's the going price on them BSD

$600 or there abouts, Got mine from a member here who lives nearby, new, unused, $490, but Ive seen them under the $700. Just remember it cuts good but long grass fills the catcher real quick, and it gets packed in hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    like I now have a Rover Pro cut 560, it cuts 6 inch kik in the wet and catches the whole bloody lot.

Wow ...really. that's what we want to hear,i may make the change soon.Or at least use it for a winter mower.
    What's the going price on them BSD

The Rover compared to Honda? Sounds like ill stick to Honda for now.
    http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/sh...self-propelled
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
    $600 or there abouts, Got mine from a member here who lives nearby, new, unused, $490, but Ive seen them under the $700. Just remember it cuts good but long grass fills the catcher real quick, and it gets packed in hard.
    Looking at half price to Honda,a contractor i spoke to on the road said he uses the rover and keeps the Honda as a back up.

If i had a large round then the honda would be too slow.I'd hate to think how much money some of you guys are losing over a week with these slow honda's.

When we modded the rovers 30 years ago at full revs you would have to run with it or a very fast walk and that's for a 6' tall long stride person like me,but you could feather the forward speed if needed,this was ideal during the dry summers.

But you can't do anything to these machines otherwise you'd be finished much earlier everyday.Some of you guys think increasing the revs on the carby makes them fast...You ain't seen fast

Yeah, I do wish it had a slower speed, 1 speed and thats a fast walk, but i'm used to it now. Revs are governed so its go or stop when engaged, but easy enough to manouver about when just pushing, 22" cut btw.

They can fit a variable speed box to the Rover with the Kohler engine so why can't it be done with the bigger Briggs/Rover engine?

Also from what people say about the Rover, blades are more expensive, wheels are more expensive and they require a lot more regular maintenance than the Honda.

I don't think the day will ever come where we will see best, complete contractors mower. Even Arfa has been tinkering with the 217 to make it better!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    They can fit a variable speed box to the Rover with the Kohler engine so why can't it be done with the bigger Briggs/Rover engine?

Also from what people say about the Rover, blades are more expensive, wheels are more expensive and they require a lot more regular maintenance than the Honda.

I don't think the day will ever come where we will see best, complete contractors mower. Even Arfa has been tinkering with the 217 to make it better!
    That mower was built 30 years ago by rover (21") and discontinued

Which one? They're currently selling a Kohler engined Rover with multi-speed gearbox.

Just get one. I did a job today, damp/wetish/medium lengthish kik, weeds etc, 4 catchers and never missed a beat, even chopped up a 500ml 'pet' bottle in the process, plus some ice cream wrappers and stuff, did a minor hedging about 3 mtrs and mowed that crap without a prob. Started at 5pm, packed and gone at 6:10, t'was an agent inspection thing so I just 'whacked' the edging to satisfy the need

DYLAN
    The mower these blokes are talking about is the "Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch and Catch" - have a read of the thread
    http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/sh...self-propelled.
    61,000 views, 33 pages of positive reviews, 487 replies.
    Get Honda's National manager of Sales (your boss) to stick that in his pipe and smoke it !

Seems it may be too little too late for Honda.
    ...................The tide has turned
    ..................................The horse has bolted
    .................................................. ...............................Welcome to the minor placings.

Say hello to your new friends Mr McCulloch, and Mr Victa.
    Spiraling quality and price is your new marketing strategy.
    See you at Bunnings.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

Just get the machines that suit the needs, I also have a 909 18" cheapy from Masters, and its ok as well, bloody cheap too, under $200, dont use it much, just a backup.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast