Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Honda Power Equipment

Default Re: Honda Power Equipment

I'll stick with Honda mowers, just won't buy a new one. They sound crap these days.
    When my 194 or 196 pushie's die I'll look for another same model on ebay or the like.

When it's your main mower for 6-10 lawns per day 6 days a week - you have to get something worth it's weight in gold.
    The 216 has been great and is getting close for an upgrade.
    Just wished Honda didnt change anything. I was getting used to their older version.
    Now im thinking of jumping ship to Rover.
    Has anyone else done the change from Honda to Rover and what is the difference?
    Im so used to first start every time in the extream heat to the extreame cold.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

If you are going to get one of those buy it from DMC mowers. He gets them without the engine brake or blade brake. But I am over the Chinese crap, I mowed my lawn yesterday with my brand new 216m2 , and was thinking what is all the fuss about on the forum about these mowers it was just nice to use, but everyone bags the crap out of them, Have they all used one, I very much doubt it.If your smashing 10 lawns a day I don't think you can beat a honda

My advice; leave the Chinese crap alone. Might be okay for a home-owner but not for a contractor. Wish I hadn't been in such a predicament on Christmas Eve otherwise I would not have bought one.

I think it all comes down to two things..First is $$ there are other banded mowers that get the job done sometimes better for a lot less of the cost of a genuine honda self propelled model..Second is Honda`s fail when it`s damp (not a problem if you don`t mow damp or wet lawns )
    I like honda`s But the two above things made it easy for me to try something different after owning 5 hondas and I would buy another Honda if the choices were more on par...
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

NLALM have you used a Rover on wet lawns, you don't know what you are missing out on. Hondas are crap. Have owned and used Hondas and used to think they where a good mower then I bought a Rover, would not go back. Hondas are good homeowners mower not for contractors.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfa Brayne View Post
    DYLAN
    The mower these blokes are talking about is the "Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch and Catch" - have a read of the thread
    http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/sh...self-propelled.
    61,000 views, 33 pages of positive reviews, 487 replies.
    Get Honda's National manager of Sales (your boss) to stick that in his pipe and smoke it !

Seems it may be too little too late for Honda.
    ...................The tide has turned
    ..................................The horse has bolted
    .................................................. ...............................Welcome to the minor placings.

Say hello to your new friends Mr McCulloch, and Mr Victa.
    Spiraling quality and price is your new marketing strategy.
    See you at Bunnings.
    Hey Arfa,

I think you are getting the same treatment I get from Dylan, Because I dared to ask hard questions, i get no response, I have given up asking questions, they dont care. They say they listen, but they dont, he has disappeared again, not seen for 3 weeks, maybe another paternity leave, and Honda havent bothered to replace him.

Hey all as I committed to stop asking Dylan anymore questions, that way he doesnt have to ignore them.

I will ask fellow contractors, did anyone take up Honda on the trial of the new Longrange (or whatever) mower that he was offering, if so how did it go.

With all the comments put forward from this forum and others can anyone tell me what they did to change things for the mowing contractor.

The way i see it.
    If Honda produce 4 million in a year and 50,000 go to Australia,do you really think Honda head office would be interested in what we say,think or need.Nah we are too small a market to get noticed.

Forgot to mention..

The local mower shop owner was saying that over a year ago the Honda rep organized a luncheon where he was taken out for the new promotion about to start.

The big news was Honda was going to open up the back chute so it could handle the wet grass,the shop owner was rapped as he had the largest amount of contractors to service in SA.

He said it was just a load of c.r.a.p as nothing came of it and never heard another thing about it.The shop has most of the Rovers on display and only one Honda self propelled and he pushes the Rover sales hard.
    He lost all faith in Honda and stated they're going backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    With all the comments put forward from this forum and others can anyone tell me what they did to change things for the mowing contractor.
    Ah well, they, no thats right they didnt,
    but they did, oh no that was the other mob,
    But they did do, no wrong ones again.

I know, I know, I know - They frustrated and ignored us. And of course they did give us the "new and improved mower", oh sorry thats rights that the crappy one that doesnt work in the wet, but it was new and improved, the previous one did work in the wet, so they listened and made sure it didnt.

BB1 & BeetleJuice
    You're both spot on - Honda isn't worth the effort, and god knows we've applied more than a fair share of effort to straighten them out.
    Dylan may have taken my advice and got a job in a company that doesn't use him as a human shield - why would you stick with Honda?

Honda Australia's future lies beside victa and McCulloch at Bunnings / Kmart.

I think we may as well call this whole subject and thread DEAD. - No point trying to reason with a brick wall. - a thick one at that.

BYE !
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

Honda made good postie bikes in the 70's, I used to own a 750-4 when they came out, not worried about the lawn gear...ever.

yeah and they made the worst bike in an XR250 with the auto decompression ...got some AWESOME scars on my shins from trying to start them
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast