Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Honda Power Equipment

Default Re: Honda Power Equipment

But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

That honda guy should send me some honda shin pads for that last post....

They like $70 crazy prise....
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

If you oil the pre filter you will get a lot longer out each one just clean the pre filter and re oil as required

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    If you oil the pre filter you will get a lot longer out each one just clean the pre filter and re oil as required
    yeah thats all I do too and have never seen the need to change the paper element

hope you guys dont change the oil weekly also

I brush off any big build-up of grass from the pre-filter at the end of each day. I give the pre-filter a wash as needed (but I haven't oiled them). I change the entire unit after about three washes of the pre-filter (and blowing the paper filter out with compressed air as well when I wash the pre-filter). I want to do everything I can to stop any dirt going through to the carby. I'd rather look after the filters than pull apart a carby and all the associated linkages.

Junior Member Honda_Official_PR's Avatar

Hi PaulG,

Thanks for bringing that up, and everyone else for their contributions. I will investigate for you and see if I can get an answer for you.

Cheers,
    Dylan
    Honda - The Power of Dreams
    powerequipment.honda.com.au

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    I brush off any big build-up of grass from the pre-filter at the end of each day. I give the pre-filter a wash as needed (but I haven't oiled them). I change the entire unit after about three washes of the pre-filter (and blowing the paper filter out with compressed air as well when I wash the pre-filter). I want to do everything I can to stop any dirt going through to the carby. I'd rather look after the filters than pull apart a carby and all the associated linkages.
    Paul page 21 of owners manual
    2. Foam element (All models except HRU19RPU & HRU19DPU). Wash the element in a solution of household detergent and warm water, then rinse thoroughly, or wash in nonflammable or high flash point solvent. Do not use fuel as a cleaning solvent because this will create a risk of fire or explosion. Allow the element to dry thoroughly. Soak the element in clean engine oil and squeeze out the excess oil. The engine will smoke during initial start-up if too much oil is left in the foam, or the oil could saturate the paper element making the engine inoperable.
    3. Wipe dirt from the air cleaner body and cover using a moist rag. Be careful to prevent dirt from entering the air duct that leads to the carburetor.
    4. Reinstall the air cleaner element(s), and make sure the element(s) are properly positioned. Install the air cleaner cover and clip in or tighten the screws securely
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    Change the oil! Where does it say that? These 195's prefer the stuff thick and black

Very Helpful Member

the manual say's every 100 hours of use so every fortnight
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    the manual say's every 100 hours of use so every fortnight
    Do you change the oil in your sleep also?

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Do you change the oil in your sleep also?
    whats that if you have time to sleep you need to start advertising

haha!

the deck wears out before the engine so doesn't seem that important!

I remember reading on here somewhere that a guy never ever changed his oil and never had an issue... when the costs were added up it was interesting to see that he was ahead ... he copped it a fair bit for that though... seemed logical to me

excuse me, I need to go grease my mower wheels

was going to change the oil in mine once but the shop didn't have any oil that resembled the black gooopy **** I all ready had in it so I didn't bother .....

Quote Originally Posted by geoff1969 View Post
    was going to change the oil in mine once but the shop didn't have any oil that resembled the black gooopy **** I all ready had in it so I didn't bother .....
    haha "if it aint broke, dont fix it"

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast