Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What we want from honda.

Default Re: What we want from honda.

Dylan do you run/admin the Honda Facebook page as well?

Well if your so concerned why not send out the BIG BOYS and sort it out??, waiting for us to dob in a norty retailer is stupid, i'm so glad i didn't buy a chonda 6 weeks ago, just remember the sales staff at these joints think that they're selling the real deal, not thier fault, just reccomending what the pro's use.....so Honda Australia and honda from China are not the same??????
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda_Official_PR View Post
    Hi all,

In regards to the TPE mowers that you've referred to, although they have what appears to be a Honda engine on their mowers, we are very concerned with their appearance in the marketplace because these units are not designed for Australian conditions.

If you look closely, you will see that these TPE mowers have had their engine serial numbers ground down. As I'm sure you can agree, this is very concerning as these mowers will not be covered by any Honda warranty, and really question the motives of the seller.

For more information on these ground down serial numbers, I encourage you to visit www.hondaserialoffenders.com.au

The HRU216 and HRU196 are both available currently - you should find them at your local authorised Honda dealer, or by visiting our website at http://powerequipment.honda.com.au

I hope that helps!

(Also, I haven't gone anywhere - it doesn't seem that there have been any posts on this thread in the last 4 weeks or so, so I haven't had any questions to answer! Don't think I haven't forgotten about you!)

Cheers,
    Dylan

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Stick to a "GENUINE" Rover Procut 560... China aren't even bothered to make a clone aftermarket model to compete on price. (to my knowledge they haven't!)

Why? it's simple.. they are realistically priced in the marketplace and what else does china compete on!

Good value mower combined with reliability and in my experience (great dealer support)... makes the choice an absolute no brainer!

Everyone to there own.

Simmo.
    New website coming soon...

www.mowinglawns.com.au

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Mowing Professionals View Post
    Stick to a "GENUINE" Rover Procut 560... China aren't even bothered to make a clone aftermarket model to compete on price. (to my knowledge they haven't!)

Why? it's simple.. they are realistically priced in the marketplace and what else does china compete on!

Good value mower combined with reliability and in my experience (great dealer support)... makes the choice an absolute no brainer!

Everyone to there own.

Simmo.
    Forgot to add in the above post... what do we want from Honda?

To half the costs, improve the mowing specs and review there dealer network setup would be a starting point

Honda, the power of dreams...

the power seems to be somewhat lost!

Simmo.
    New website coming soon...

www.mowinglawns.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Mowing Professionals View Post
    Forgot to add in the above post... what do we want from Honda?

To half the costs, improve the mowing specs and review there dealer network setup would be a starting point

Honda, the power of dreams...

the power seems to be somewhat lost!

Simmo.
    Just wondering simmo. From your own personal experience, what is wrong with Honda? Personally, I find them brilliant and have no need to even bother trying anything else. For the $1500 I paid each for mine, they have mowed a minimum of 1300 lawns each. That's about $1.15 per lawn so far. And it goes down with every lawn. They are good on fuel and with the blade brake I get away with changing the blades about 6 times per year. And they don't break down so I don't have to bother carrying 2 or 3 mowers around. I just rotate them every now and then and give the one in the shed a good clean, inspection and service. If they were cheaper, I wouldn't complain but for around a buck a lawn I don't mind too much.

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

Would like Dylans comments on this thread.

http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/sh...ssie-HRU/page6

Quote Originally Posted by Honda_Official_PR View Post
    Hi all,

The HRU216 and HRU196 are both available currently - you should find them at your local authorised Honda dealer, or by visiting our website at http://powerequipment.honda.com.au

I hope that helps!

Dylan
    Dylan, I think when we say why arent you returning the 196 and 216 to the market we mean the original one's, remember the ones that performed in all conditions before you introduced the "new and improved" versions which are absolute rubbish in the wet

Oh and of course the one I cant find now, but it was where you tried your sales pitch to get me to buy a Big bag kit. Which I commented was unsuitable as it looses the mulching capability, and even a couple of dealers said they had not sold any.

I must have taken my grumpy pills this morning

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    Oh and of course the one I cant find now, but it was where you tried your sales pitch to get me to buy a Big bag kit. Which I commented was unsuitable as it looses the mulching capability, and even a couple of dealers said they had not sold any.
    You'll be pleased to know it has been nominated for the award of Best New Product (Ancillary) for Power Equipment Australasia magazine's awards. Hardly an objective award though as nominations are put forward by OPE suppliers themselves and not industry operators/contractors.

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    Here 'tis... http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/sh...l=1#post116151
    ~ Joanne ~

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    You'll be pleased to know it has been nominated for the award of Best New Product (Ancillary) for Power Equipment Australasia magazine's awards. Hardly an objective award though as nominations are put forward by OPE suppliers themselves and not industry operators/contractors.
    And from what I gather from dealers (3 now), they have not sold one, one even suggested it may be able to be covered under warrantly as the mower was so bad in the wet.. Hands up all those on the forum who have purchased one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs HMS View Post
    Thanks Joanne, saved me a search

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast