Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What we want from honda.

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Default Re: What we want from honda.

Quote Originally Posted by SM MOWING View Post
    ABN only prices.

Just like they have when you buy a car ie ford falcon $40,000, ABN price $36,000. etc

I don't think a domestic user is going to buy a 1000-1600 lawn mower to use once every blue moon.........
    Yes, but Honda doesn't just want our business... It would have to be a joint promotion.

Target market, what target market... chuck em all in one basket! Or we could always not do a promotion at all

Dylan, I understand it isn't your fault... and i assume you are in a very difficult role (hands tied with so many ideas).

I'm not going to offer my suggestion of what promotions I think Honda should be doing... Although i have many ideas, i charge clients for this information through my marketing business. With the amount of staff at honda and marketing budget worldwide, surely you guys can come up with regular and worthwhile promotions... surely, we are at least worth that much???

In my opinion... promotions are very important marketing tool... when a company can't be bothered, it is usually a good indication that things aren't going well (either in management, performance, internal or external factors). Maybe instead of worrying about TPE mowers and the like, and producing a website of the "negatives" of the business... Maybe focus on your core business and i would think that is selling mowers

Fairdinkum... have you got any idea's to help Dylan for a promo? What would you like for a bonus?

BTW - thanks Dylan for clarifying the warranty on the frame warranty and engine warranty... I'm sure that will help many on here.

Simmo.
    New website coming soon...

www.mowinglawns.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by cadase View Post
    I don't want anything from Honda, it's their business, they can run it as they choose. But as a customer, i can choose which company i deal with. So obviously if Honda Australia want me as a customer they will design/sell a mower that is suitable for Australian contractors. If they cannot provide this, i'll try elsewhere, pretty straight forward to me.
    Honest and upfront... Where's that like button when you need it

Simmo.

www.mowinglawns.com.au

"Quote Originally Posted by cadase View Post

I don't want anything from Honda, it's their business, they can run it as they choose. But as a customer, i can choose which company i deal with. So obviously if Honda Australia want me as a customer they will design/sell a mower that is suitable for Australian contractors. If they cannot provide this, i'll try elsewhere, pretty straight forward to me."

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Mowing Professionals View Post
    Honest and upfront... Where's that like button when you need it

Simmo.
    +1

Honda Enters European Robotic Lawn Mower Market with Launch of Honda Miimo!

Maybe this is why they see no need for a contractor marketshare?

August 20, 2012 - Honda is to enter the fast-growing European robotic lawn mower market with the introduction of Honda Miimo, its first commercial robotic product for domestic use.

Honda Miimo with ASIMO
    Honda Miimo is the perfect solution for those wanting a beautiful lawn but would rather not or can't mow it themselves. The ultimate time and labor saving device, once installed it needs minimal human interaction when working to ensure a beautifully cut lawn, every day, for the length of the mowing season.

Honda Miimo operates a ‘continuous cutting' system, typically mowing just 2-3mm of grass at a time, several times each week. It cuts in a random pattern, meaning less stress on the grass, more healthy growth and reduced moss and weeds. Unlike a traditional lawn mower it doesn't need to collect cuttings, as the clippings it creates are so small that they are dispersed into the lawn root system, breaking down quickly to act as a natural fertiliser which improves the health and quality of the grass.

Honda Miimo navigates the garden through an intelligent combination of controls, timers and real-time sensory feedback. It works within a boundary wire, installed under the ground or in the grass around the perimeter of the garden. Honda Miimo detects the electronic signal in the wire and stays within it, ensuring high levels of safety and accuracy. Powered by a high performance lithium-ion battery, it is self-charging, constantly monitoring its battery level and returning to its docking station when it needs to recharge.

Uniquely, Honda Miimo features a fan, built-in to its blade holder, which creates airflow to effectively ‘suck' the grass towards the blades. This ensures a superior finish and a more consistent distribution of clippings back into the root system. Additionally, in a first in the market, it uses three highly durable blades, which bend rather than shatter on impact with hard objects, eliminating the danger of pieces of broken blade being left on the lawn. Cutting height is adjustable between 20mm and 60mm, to suit the conditions and time of year.

European sales of robotic mowers are growing rapidly. With the garden increasingly used as an ‘outdoor living room', people living busy lives and not wanting the work of maintaining a lawn; and an ageing population perhaps not able to do so, robotic mowers are a perfect solution. They also deliver excellent environmental benefits; not producing CO2, quieter than petrol models, and with no cuttings to dispose of.

Honda Miimo operates using one of three modes - ‘random', ‘directional' or ‘mixed', to suit the size and type of garden. Random mode sees it navigate the lawn without a fixed pattern; whilst in directional mode it moves back and forth in a more uniform fashion to ensure a faster cut. Mixed mode allows intervals of random and directional cutting.

Honda Miimo features three independent 360 degree ‘bump' sensors, which detect a solid contact between it and any obstacle. If a bump sensor is activated, it will stop, turn and move away from the point of contact in a different direction.

Honda Miimo can ascend slopes and when it encounters patches of thick or long grass it will automatically reduce wheel speed but maintain blade speed in order to deal with tough areas effectively.

Both safety and security are assured by two ‘lift' sensors which are triggered if Honda Miimo leaves the ground. On activation it shuts down completely, an alarm sounds, and it cannot be used until the owner inputs a unique PIN. In line with new regulations this means that it cannot be picked up whilst the blades are turning, and it is rendered useless in the event of theft.

At launch, Honda Miimo will be available in two models, 300 and 500, offering a maximum perimeter cut of 300m and 500m respectively. Honda Miimo 500 will mow up to a total lawn size of 3,000 square metres, around half the size of a typical football pitch, making it suitable for a wide variety of gardens.

The introduction of Honda Miimo heralds a whole new model for Honda Lawn & Garden Authorized Dealers. Uniquely in the market, it will be sold as a full service package. Upon purchase, the dealer installs the docking station, which acts as both the charging point and signal generator. A boundary wire is connected to the docking station, then routed around the perimeter of the garden to define the mowing area. Honda Miimo is then programmed to cut to a schedule convenient to the customer, via its inbuilt timer and calendar. Then, at the end of the season the Honda Authorized Dealer collects it for winter maintenance, and, in some countries, winter storage.

Honda has been working in the development of robotics since 1986, with the predecessors of ASIMO, the world's most advanced humanoid robot. Honda Miimo is the first commercial robotic product manufactured by the company for public use - representing its first step towards providing customers with robotic solutions to improve quality of life at home.

Honda Miimo will be manufactured by Honda France Manufacturing in Orlean. It will be available from Honda Authorized Dealers across Europe in early 2013.

www.mowinglawns.com.au

Very Helpful Member

wonder how you would go in regards to a claim for a broken gear box after the 6 month warranty personally i would think this would fall under the statutory warranty provisions of the ACCC as i should think it's reasonable expectation for a commercial quality product to last more than 6months

How long do consumers’ statutory rights apply? Statutory rights are not limited to a set time period. Instead, they apply for the amount of time that is reasonable to expect, given the cost and quality of the item. This means a consumer may be entitled to a remedy under their statutory rights after any manufacturer’s voluntary or extended warranty has expired. For example, it is reasonable to expect that an expensive television should not develop a serious fault after 13 months of normal use. In this case, the consumer could argue the item was not of merchantable quality and ask for it to be repaired, even if the manufacturer’s voluntary warranty had expired.
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    wonder how you would go in regards to a claim for a broken gear box after the 6 month warranty personally i would think this would fall under the statutory warranty provisions of the ACCC as i should think it's reasonable expectation for a commercial quality product to last more than 6months

How long do consumers’ statutory rights apply? Statutory rights are not limited to a set time period. Instead, they apply for the amount of time that is reasonable to expect, given the cost and quality of the item. This means a consumer may be entitled to a remedy under their statutory rights after any manufacturer’s voluntary or extended warranty has expired. For example, it is reasonable to expect that an expensive television should not develop a serious fault after 13 months of normal use. In this case, the consumer could argue the item was not of merchantable quality and ask for it to be repaired, even if the manufacturer’s voluntary warranty had expired.
    Honda must admit that 6 month on a comercial product is woefull. According to them they are built for the commercial market to meet contractors requirements, what other business only runs equipment for 6 months.

I agree ian,under those circumstances i would deem the gearbox 'not fit for purpose'.

One would assume the gearbox should have the same warranty as the engine...

Simmo.

www.mowinglawns.com.au

Ian, what don't you understand...

Ultimately, what is covered by warranty, and what isn't covered by warranty, is at the discretion of your Honda dealer.

Simmo.

www.mowinglawns.com.au

Very Helpful Member

One would assume the gearbox should have the same warranty as the engine...

Simmo.

this is not part of the engine so only gets the 6month warranty
    also don't forget to lodge a warranty claim they may ask for proof of services having been done
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Very Helpful Member

Ultimately, what is covered by warranty, and what isn't covered by warranty, is at the discretion of your Honda dealer.

Ian, what don't you understand...

Simmo.
    which is my point Honda can say this but it's really at the discretion of the Accc and their enforcement of your statutory rights

this is not part of the engine so only gets the 6month warranty
    also don't forget to lodge a warranty claim they may ask for proof of services having been done
    Better get a lawyer son makes sure its a real good one!

Operator error is the get out of jail free card for all manufacturers
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

which is my point Honda can say this but it's really at the discretion of the Accc and their enforcement of your statutory rights
    I agree with you Ian... but it's out of Honda's jurisdiction and in the hands of the dealer networks.

I'll stick with a Rover...less confusing

Simmo.

www.mowinglawns.com.au

allrighty then Re: What we want from honda.

I own three different mowers, Bushranger, Honda, and a Rover. The Honda 216 SP (before the blade brake bull****) only gets a run in summer when I am knocking tops off daisies. I will admit I have found the Honda is a very reliable mower and does do a very neat job but just can't go anywhere near grass with moisture or any length. All I want of Honda is to design a mower that will compare to the Bushranger 530sp that has/had the kwaka engine. I'd pay $1500 any day off the week If Honda mowers got through wet grass like the Bushranger does without a hiccup. If Honda can design a simple light yet robust mower that does not clog up after every 2 metres, then I feel it would be on to a winner. People don't mind laying down a bit of Johnny CASH if they get what they pay for! Which is not the case in recent years. Arfa Brayne should be employed to over see things.... Cheers to Dylan for at least coming onto the site and having a go!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast