Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 91 to 102 of 102

Thread: What we want from honda.

  1. #91
    Senior Member happymowin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,418

    Default Re: What we want from honda.

    theyre again making bushrangers as bushrangers in the nz plant since MTD stopped licensing them.

    so theres another mower that will suck sales from honda.


    i nearly bought one last time, but went rover cos i knoew they were good mowers, and good value for money.

  2. #92
    Senior Member troppo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cairns Qld
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: What we want from honda.

    Who said bushranger - like the real deal!!!! I have a bushranger whippy that was given to me. Wouldn't have a clue how much work it has done, but I love it. Heaps of grunt with 2.7 and will demolish any overgrown edges and I cut on the vertical as much as possible. Developed a funny noise in the head so I pulled it apart and found, as I thought, a dodgy open bearing. Put all new sealed bearings ($22.00) in it and some new lithium grease. I just love the feel of it - so balanced and smooth. Way smoother than my old echo. Would be real interested in any bushranger product based on this whippy.

  3. #93
    Member Redeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Shoalhaven ,NSW
    Posts
    5,399

    Default Re: What we want from honda.

    be interesting to see if they use steelfort or masport bases




    http://curraronggardening.com/

    "All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

  4. #94
    Senior Member Arfa Brayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The 'Gong.
    Posts
    520

    Default Re: What we want from honda.

    Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    I own three different mowers, Bushranger, Honda, and a Rover. The Honda 216 SP (before the blade brake bull****) only gets a run in summer when I am knocking tops off daisies. I will admit I have found the Honda is a very reliable mower and does do a very neat job but just can't go anywhere near grass with moisture or any length. All I want of Honda is to design a mower that will compare to the Bushranger 530sp that has/had the kwaka engine. I'd pay $1500 any day off the week If Honda mowers got through wet grass like the Bushranger does without a hiccup. If Honda can design a simple light yet robust mower that does not clog up after every 2 metres, then I feel it would be on to a winner. People don't mind laying down a bit of Johnny CASH if they get what they pay for! Which is not the case in recent years. Arfa Brayne should be employed to over see things.... Cheers to Dylan for at least coming onto the site and having a go!
    Cheers Danz !!
    You've described exactly what all of us have been searching for, for ages.

    Thanks for the vote of approval !!
    I've done my time in corporate business many (many many) years ago. It was a buzz, and I made a lot of money for arrogant, stupid, fat, arseholes who had bugger all grasp of reality and gratitude.
    I'm now in my 50's, successful, good wife, good kids, = happy life. Can you imagine what it would be like to give up working 3-4 days a week in the sunshine and fresh air - to go back to an office full of textbook blind, self absorbed twitts , working too many hours while achieving nothing meaningful ??

    Cut the grass, chat with the old folk, take the cash, buy a slab, go for a sail or surf. - too perfect !
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

  5. #95
    Senior Member holdenhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    559

    Default Re: What we want from honda.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    be interesting to see if they use steelfort or masport bases
    Hi, As far as I'm aware they are steelfort bases. MTD stole them for a bit but have let others use the base again. MTD uses that base on the yardman 509x. Kohler powered SP. Exactly the old bushranger. For those who had them they know how good they are. When I brought my bushranger 5-6? yrs ago I paid $1200. These yardmans last time i checked were around $700. Had mine for 2 years+ and still going great guns. The best value mower by far. You can go buy the bushranger for $1100+ or the Victa turf master (same mower) $1400+ or the yardman for around $700. All are the same except the engines.

    Cheers Rick

  6. #96
    Senior Member imoww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern highlands NSW
    Posts
    3,310

    Default Re: What we want from honda.

    Has anyone seen these Hondas?
    Are they worth my while to buy one now?
    .http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/genuine-U...item462a2c20fe
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

  7. #97
    Senior Member imoww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern highlands NSW
    Posts
    3,310

    Default Re: What we want from honda.

    didnt get it. Its a OHC.
    Domestic
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

  8. #98
    Senior Member imoww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern highlands NSW
    Posts
    3,310

    Default Re: What we want from honda.

    I was trying to trick up the new Honda's revs, (as in Arfa's video) But someone told me to turn the screw inside this hole (in the pic) to increase the revs?
    Des any one know?$_20.JPG
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

  9. #99
    Senior Member Arfa Brayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The 'Gong.
    Posts
    520

    Default Re: What we want from honda.

    Don't ever remember making a video bud.
    The screws you are twisting are only idle adjustment
    To increase the revs you have to back off the throttle limiter stop - it's a really long screw with a lock nut that stops how far the throttle spring tensioner arm moves.

    It goes like this
    the hand control lever (black lever on the handles) moves the throttle cable
    The throttle cable moves the throttle spring tensioner arm
    The throttle spring tensioner arm pulls a spring that connects to the governor arm (that comes out the side of the crankcase) - stay with me here
    The governor arm moves a linkage (with a spring around it that reduces "slop") and the linkage moves the throttle butterfly in the carby, which makes the engine rev.

    If you look at the mower while you read this it will make better sense.
    That throttle spring tensioner arm also works the link to the choke, but if you move the hand control slowly while you watch what happens you will understand.
    You'll see that there is the long screw with the locknut that stops the throttle spring tensioner arm from moving past a certain point.
    If you back the long screw adjustment off about 3mm, the arm moves more, which tensions the spring more, which pulls the governor arm harder and makes the engine rev more.
    Don't mess with anything else or you will get a mower that dies under load, won't idle, or just revs it's head off.

    I know pictures would be better but I'm bloody crook at the moment.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

  10. #100
    Senior Member imoww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern highlands NSW
    Posts
    3,310

    Default Re: What we want from honda.

    Hey bud. I know what your saying.
    I thought you did some videos on YouTube...
    Thanks heaps bud
    Quote Originally Posted by Arfa Brayne View Post
    Don't ever remember making a video bud.
    The screws you are twisting are only idle adjustment
    To increase the revs you have to back off the throttle limiter stop - it's a really long screw with a lock nut that stops how far the throttle spring tensioner arm moves.

    It goes like this
    the hand control lever (black lever on the handles) moves the throttle cable
    The throttle cable moves the throttle spring tensioner arm
    The throttle spring tensioner arm pulls a spring that connects to the governor arm (that comes out the side of the crankcase) - stay with me here
    The governor arm moves a linkage (with a spring around it that reduces "slop") and the linkage moves the throttle butterfly in the carby, which makes the engine rev.

    If you look at the mower while you read this it will make better sense.
    That throttle spring tensioner arm also works the link to the choke, but if you move the hand control slowly while you watch what happens you will understand.
    You'll see that there is the long screw with the locknut that stops the throttle spring tensioner arm from moving past a certain point.
    If you back the long screw adjustment off about 3mm, the arm moves more, which tensions the spring more, which pulls the governor arm harder and makes the engine rev more.
    Don't mess with anything else or you will get a mower that dies under load, won't idle, or just revs it's head off.

    I know pictures would be better but I'm bloody crook at the moment.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

  11. #101
    Senior Member imoww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern highlands NSW
    Posts
    3,310

    Default Re: What we want from honda.

    Ive done it...
    Thanks bud. just couldnt remember how it was done..
    i thought these videos were from you
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81DIgZHkDb8
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

  12. #102
    Senior Member Arfa Brayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The 'Gong.
    Posts
    520

    Default Re: What we want from honda.

    Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Ive done it...
    Thanks bud. just couldnt remember how it was done..
    i thought these videos were from you
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81DIgZHkDb8
    I waffle on - but not that much i thought.
    Wish I could do video's like that though - skill.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •