Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Makita RBC3100

Default Makita RBC3100

Had this for a week or two, replacing a RBC2510. First - an extra 6cc of power, seems like a doubling of power! this thing has grunt to spare; I'm running it with my usual setup of alloy head with 3.3 diamond edge and its a bloody handful ( in fact I've just ordered a spool of 2.7 off Dean - never thought I'd go back to woosy sizes). Second - the extra weight is noticeable on big jobs (I'm not a big bloke though), on reason I got it was the 2510 was vibrating too much with 3.3 and is affecting my hands ( the start of HAVS I suppose), the 3100 is very smooth no matter what size/length string - am wearing AV gloves all the time though regardless.
    This machine is as said, a bit of a handful with heavy line and I wouldn't recommend it if you're not well experienced - that said, I love it and expect it to be faultless with the 2.7 for standard work. On ferals, I doubt the 50cc machines will get used again, this is a beast with wide open throttle in any situation.

Definitely recommended - Makita quality brand name & Robin/Subaru engine - bewdiful

p.s. one 2510 is now a dedicated hedger/polesaw, the other a backup

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Default Re: Makita RBC3100

Sounds like a good one I also have 2510 for backup and pole hedger attachment(which is good)but as a whipper it vibrates too much when doing vertical edges so don't really like using it but is v light...

Default Re: Makita RBC3100

been using it for over a year and not a single fault - used it today to slash some heavy weeds to 5' high, with 3.3mm diamond edge, back to bare earth in no time
    20140529_125815.jpg 20140529_125832.jpg
    to this
    20140529_131124.jpg

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69