Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rover R2700 Line Trimmer

Default Re: Rover R2700 Line Trimmer

double double post
    Last edited by happymowin; 28-03-2013 at 07:08 PM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    lol, ajd, i was in the cell next to impala, now we're both FREE !!!

dont ask about the soap, lol

nice to be back, bud,

thanks again dean

cheers
    LOL that would have been interesting..

I have missed my jousting partner welcome back Happy
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    WTF you talkin' about Willis.....
    I'm guessing it's a joke based on the prices that you say the dealers near you want
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I thought the same but I'm not the one inflating anything!

I know what Paul is saying about different dealers when i brought my rover one shop wanted $675 contractor price went to the next dealer and got it for $560.Then went to another dealer and he wouldnt sell me the china one and said the he would put the b&s engine on it for $1300
    Last edited by luketud; 28-03-2013 at 08:55 PM. Reason: cant spell
    Tuddenham Lawn Care
    Mowing - Gardening - Hedging
    Port Macquarie & Camden Haven Area

Back on topic i did look at the rover trimmer but it looks very light,weak if you know what i mean. I ended up buying the bbta one for $269 del with the saw and hedge trimmer attachment and im quite happy with it
    Tuddenham Lawn Care

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    I'm guessing it's a joke based on the prices that you say the dealers near you want
    And that is why i like you Ian... you have common sense!

but hey... some people will pay $1000 for a rover when you can buy one for $550... and some will pay $1600 for a Honda when you can get it for $700

No wonder China is laughing...

Simmo.

Quote Originally Posted by luketud View Post
    Back on topic i did look at the rover trimmer but it looks very light,weak if you know what i mean. I ended up buying the bbta one for $269 del with the saw and hedge trimmer attachment and im quite happy with it
    4.5kg is very light... i would be interested to see if it is weak construction.

Personally, I use a Pope and very happy with it... had a minor issue with a blocked carby, but i cleaned it and it's has been going strong ever since... After a few 12 hour days a lighter whippy would be good to use for regular lawns and the attachments would be good for a backup.

Do you see one of the rover whippy's in the shop or just viewed it online?

Simmo.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    I thought the same but I'm not the one inflating anything!
    Repeat after me... folks are dumb from where i come from.

Your logic is flawed. You have no knowledge of this product but are already knocking it based on a price point.

Why does it smell like Sh1T Paul? Do you own one... have you used one? or you trying to start trouble yet again!

Why is a pope brushcutter and blower pieces of crap also??? Again... plenty of people have used them on this site with no issues... have you used one, have you bought one? We already know the answer so don't bother answering.

Wait... you don't answer logical questions anyway do you?

(ah, now we will see paul backers come out to defend him while he goes into depression mode.... joy!)

PaulG, Can you please keep your personal bickering towards me out of this product review... your negativity is pathetic.

Simmo.

Hey simmo a dealer had one he's sold a few he said some contractors are using them and seem to be going ok personly i don't like the shop so thats why i went the bbta one plus it was 33cc.

I use to always buy the best i loved my komatsu but this time I've gone china and finding it really good and a lot better on the bank balance.
    Tuddenham Lawn Care

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Mowing Professionals View Post
    Can you please keep your personal bickering towards me out of this product review...
    Simmo.
    See how it feels when the shoe's on the other foot.....

You've dished it out for so long and when someone else has something to say back to you you just can't handle it.

For your information if I want to feel a little sad every now and then I will. You don't have to care and I really don't want you to. And also for your information today is the anniversary of my Mum's death and a couple of weeks after my brother's death.

If you think your so tough then bring it mate. I've been through a lot more in my life than you probably ever will Mr Perfect.

Hi Everyone
    Back on topic. I have bought a Rover R2700. I was going to place a review in the review section but here seems better at the moment. I paid $169 + $17 freight total $186 for it.
    It is light. It is funny to start about 5 easy pulls on full choke then 5 easy pulls on half choke . Will start first pull when hot. As you probably know one can buy a jump start for it would be good for my mother.
    I bought this as a back up.
    Now the bad news. It comes with a trimmer head with cord which lasted about 10 mins. You know the deal new toy had to try it out at my place. Now to reload the thing. The trimmer head appears to be a copy of a homelite/ ryobi head. Maybe some people like them I can't put up with them after using a speed head. That is the other thing with this it is a straight shaft "brushcutter" but it has a bent shaft drive on the end and throws stuff to the right like a bent shaft. That takes a bit of getting used to. Anyhow by luck I had a bent shaft speed feed head so I fitted that. All was good for a while then it started vibrating badly. Took it to the dealer and he said it was not designed for the extra weight that the speed feed head had put on it. The locater screw had worn a slot in the shaft. The dealer fixed it for me(took a week) by repositioning the locator screw on the shaft. So the short story is I have a line trimmer that I can't use with a speed feed head and I can't put up with the standard head. Will look into the pivotrim heads for it.
    I may just buy the articulated hedge trimmer for it but am lacking faith in it.
    I would NOT recommend anyone buy this trimmer. Only about one month of light use. You guys would kill it very quickly unless you like the standard head.
    Cheers
    hjl

now thats some good info hjl, thanks for posting !!

i suspect its a rebranded Troy-Bilt unit
    http://www.troybilt.com/equipment/tr...string-trimmer

i have a 4-stroke unit i got from Masters , the Reject Shop of hardware stores
    okay for resi work , but built cheap and definetly wouldn't rely on it when your income is at stake
    would use a backup multi though , reason why i purchased mine initially

better off spending the extra for a Shindy or Stihl

Quote Originally Posted by hjl View Post
    Hi Everyone
    Back on topic. I have bought a Rover R2700. I was going to place a review in the review section but here seems better at the moment. I paid $169 + $17 freight total $186 for it.
    It is light. It is funny to start about 5 easy pulls on full choke then 5 easy pulls on half choke . Will start first pull when hot. As you probably know one can buy a jump start for it would be good for my mother.
    I bought this as a back up.
    Now the bad news. It comes with a trimmer head with cord which lasted about 10 mins. You know the deal new toy had to try it out at my place. Now to reload the thing. The trimmer head appears to be a copy of a homelite/ ryobi head. Maybe some people like them I can't put up with them after using a speed head. That is the other thing with this it is a straight shaft "brushcutter" but it has a bent shaft drive on the end and throws stuff to the right like a bent shaft. That takes a bit of getting used to. Anyhow by luck I had a bent shaft speed feed head so I fitted that. All was good for a while then it started vibrating badly. Took it to the dealer and he said it was not designed for the extra weight that the speed feed head had put on it. The locater screw had worn a slot in the shaft. The dealer fixed it for me(took a week) by repositioning the locator screw on the shaft. So the short story is I have a line trimmer that I can't use with a speed feed head and I can't put up with the standard head. Will look into the pivotrim heads for it.
    I may just buy the articulated hedge trimmer for it but am lacking faith in it.
    I would NOT recommend anyone buy this trimmer. Only about one month of light use. You guys would kill it very quickly unless you like the standard head.
    Cheers
    hjl
    That`s done it for me
    Certainly off my christmas wishlist
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast