Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Question on a Contractor doing a service.

Default Question on a Contractor doing a service.

Hi all.

I Recently completed a very small 21 cubic metre turf job about 6 weeks ago. The unit complex has just had a change of Tenders and the company who took over (not sure who) just scalped pretty much the whole court yard.

The edges are ridiculously scalped down to near bare dirt in most places and up to about 20cm from the edge. I have taken pics of the before and afters from when I done the job and now have some pics of what the contractor has done.

The yard is now mostly brown from being scaled and does look really bad.

The tenant of the house is not impressed with the contractor and wishes to complain about it. Who does she complain to? the Real-estate she rents through? or try to get hold of the body Corp?

The tenant said the yard was looking amazing and setting in really well and wants to know what is the best stuff to try to repair the turf especially coming up to winter.

I have looked over some of this contractors work within the unit complex and have noticed the poor job they have done in other court yards. (eg. missing big patches of grass, poor edging, different level cuts in one area etc.) Is there anything I can do or say to help?

Any help would be great.

Cheers
    Damien
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

Default Re: Question on a Contractor doing a service.

If the tenants have a complaint they have to go through the real estate agent, who goes to owner, than they talk to body corp. Tenants are not meant to go straight to body corp

Yep . Tenants have to go to the realestate if they are renting.
    Also, allot of body corp jobs go that way , You lose them due to all different reasons. They have friend who mows lawns or they went for a cheaper quote...
    I wouldnt think about it and move on.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Yep . Tenants have to go to the realestate if they are renting.
    Also, allot of body corp jobs go that way , You lose them due to all different reasons. They have friend who mows lawns or they went for a cheaper quote...
    I wouldnt think about it and move on.
    She was going to the realestate this week about it. problem is I get really annoyed when I see so called professionals[/I] doing a sh*t job, especially in a nice little community unit complex.

There is actually 2 contractors that have Tenders for this site, one for one end and one for the other. The other contractor does an awesome job, and is well liked by the other occupants. I agree they probably went for the cheapest though.
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

I know how you fell. too many times have i seen some of my jobs i cared for go out the window when the client didnt need my services anymore.
    I had a large mansion in Strathfield i used to look after and the husband didnt want to pay anyone to look after the lawns/gardens.
    Ended up loking like the Adam's family house.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Give it a spray every 2 weeks with seasol and dont mow until its looking long
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    I know how you fell. too many times have i seen some of my jobs i cared for go out the window when the client didnt need my services anymore.
    I had a large mansion in Strathfield i used to look after and the husband didnt want to pay anyone to look after the lawns/gardens.
    Ended up loking like the Adam's family house.
    I know how you feel. I had a nice acreage garden here I'd looked after for 18 months but then the owner moved home permanently from W.A. and said he was going to start doing it himself. Picked up another job last week on a beautifully landscaped 10 acres in the same street and had a chance to have a look at my old job; every garden full of every imaginable weed, new plumbago hedge I planted for them looks to have been crowded out by large daisy bushes that have come back in that garden, lawn edges grown into the gardens everywhere, plants diseased and insect ridden, all of which I used to spray for and treat. Looked horrible but ultimately it's their prerogative to have us work for them, or not.

Very Helpful Member

Personally I think i would prefer to drive passed a place i used to do and see it looking terrible than drive past and see it looking better
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Touche!

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Personally I think i would prefer to drive passed a place i used to do and see it looking terrible than drive past and see it looking better
    Yep,this always makes my day.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com