Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 16 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Minimum Price

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

Default Minimum Price

Hi all. Just curious as to what people are charging as a minimum these days. Got this PITA neighbour that I do edges for. Used to be $15 x 2wks, then 3wks, now 4. I stopped doing $15 jobs 8yrs ago. My minimum is $25. Was doing her a favor, but she's got to go. Anyway just curious as to other minimum jobs.

Cheers Gardening Solutions

Default Re: Minimum Price

my normal minimum is $35 for regulars, $45 for the first time or casual customers. but it has to be really small to do it for that. atm when i quote new jobs, $40 is the new $35, so i upgrade my customers and pricing as i go along. i dont care how small it is, thats the minimum. i tell them that on the phone and if they argue the point i apologise and say i cant help them for less. "if its not worth the fee to you, then its not worth it to me to do it for less"

i have one guy who's a neighbour of a $35 customer, that i do the 2nd guy for $20, but thats soon going to be $25. it takes about 10 minutes on top of the first guy. (front yard only on a cottage block) - the first guys about to go up to $40 as well

you gotta do whats right for YOU and dont worry about THEM.

sounds like youve already made your decision and youre just looking to feel right about it.

go for it man, lifes too short to work for underpaying pitas.

maybe say "ill have to charge you $35 minimum, can i do a bit of extra work for you to make it up to that figure"

or tell them "the three words"

"get someone else"

cheers

My minimum is $45.00 for any client even if it is a postage stamp job. The only exception is a couple of elderly ladies who I just base it on a token amount, my little bit to help out.

Thanks Happy,
    Been thinking of flicking this client for a while, and am ok with it. It's funny how long you,ll put up with a customer until they sh*t you enough.
    What part of the country are you in to charge your rates. Here on South Coast of SA average lawn is $35, though the local jims is pushing the boundaries. I reckon his min must be around the $50 mark.

Cheers

I have a minimum of $35 up to 200 m2 then its $0.17 per m2 and I may add a bit more if there are stairs or lots of edging etc all my jobs are close so not much driving.
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    I have a minimum of $35 up to 200 m2 then its $0.17 per m2 and I may add a bit more if there are stairs or lots of edging etc all my jobs are close so not much driving.
    Jeez, I do 300m2 for $35. Might have to up my price. Works very competetive around here with a lot of lawnies due to holiday houses and the elderly. lots of beer money bobs stuffing up the pricing.

My minimum is $35 for a small job under 30mins work. anything over starts at $45. You also have to look at what the length of grass, hedges etc is. and how much waste is left to remove.

Dont let client try to convince you to lower your prices, stick to your prices. Or tell them to get someone else.

Some people work on $1/min of work done. I don't see that as affordable for some as some people can work faster and some may work slower for that extra $.
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

@ GS

im in brisbane - i DO push the boundaries on what i can charge, i often tell those who want cheaper prices "theres cheaper guys around, but i hear theyre not so reliable, some do a cr@p job, and some wont be here in 6 months to keep servicing your job - and im not willing to compete with beer money bobs"

i up sell my reliability, quality of work, and if they dont like it i dont care they can "FIND SOMEONE ELSE"

do whats right for YOU mate, let them look after themselves.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by GardeningSolutions View Post
    Jeez, I do 300m2 for $35. Might have to up my price. Works very competetive around here with a lot of lawnies due to holiday houses and the elderly. lots of beer money bobs stuffing up the pricing.
    That is a competitive price in my area GS, if you are comparable with the franchises you will be ok.
    You can have over the top prices but you wont win many jobs. If you do your homework on reputable contractors in your area there is no reason you cant charge the same if you do a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    @ GS

im in brisbane - i DO push the boundaries on what i can charge, i often tell those who want cheaper prices "theres cheaper guys around, but i hear theyre not so reliable, some do a cr@p job, and some wont be here in 6 months to keep servicing your job -

I agree and disagree with that, regardless of how little or how much someone charges, its not good to bad mouth other businesses to clients regardless of the work they do. Word of mouth gets around quick, best to leave the bad mouthing to the clients themselves.

I believe I dont charge that much compared to some other businesses as I am just starting out with not top of the range equipment but cheap equipment that does the job. But I also believe I do a good job in the end. When the money starts flowing I will start to purchase better equipment.
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

Quote Originally Posted by djkgrounds View Post
    I agree and disagree with that, regardless of how little or how much someone charges, its not good to bad mouth other businesses to clients regardless of the work they do. Word of mouth gets around quick, best to leave the bad mouthing to the clients themselves.

I believe I dont charge that much compared to some other businesses as I am just starting out with not top of the range equipment but cheap equipment that does the job. But I also believe I do a good job in the end. When the money starts flowing I will start to purchase better equipment.
    x2 Best way to have word of mouth work against you is to bad mouth another business to your customers. Or on the other hand do some work then charge like your a doctor then brag about the fact to feed your ego...
    Great way to shoot yourself in the foot IMO

theres so much wrong with these posts, but its not worth arguing about.

"whatev's"

lol

No mate - do tell please. We'd all love to know?

Hmm I typed my response then realised this is in the public forum. Lets just say that (for once) I mostly agree with mr happy on this with slight variations.

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

Page 1 of 16 12345678910111213141516 LastLast