Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Shindaiwa T230 leaking fuel from tank breather

Default Shindaiwa T230 leaking fuel from tank breather

Hey guys,

Have a T230 which rarely gets used, however got a helper with me so the T230 is back out of storage for a while.

The only problem is it leaks fuel, its coming from the fuel breather. I replaced it with brand new, but the same thing... I doubt the new one would be faulty also, im wondering if there is something else causing it.

The only time the fuel will leak is when pumping the primer, so im wondering if there supposed to be a non-return thing in the breather line to stop fuel being pushed up that line when pumping the primer?

Any one experienced this before any tips would be great, cheers!

Default Re: Shindaiwa T230 leaking fuel from tank breather

Im thinking that the rubber grommet fitting that fits into the tank with the lines running out of it, possibly that is faulty.

Very Helpful Member

you haven't accidentally swapped the fuel return line with the breather hose at the tank or carby have you otherwise if it only happens when you prime the bulb just stop doing that i only prime mine on the 1st lawn
    You could also make sure the breather hose isn't to far into the fuel tank
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

thanks for the tips. Nah havent changed lines around, also had a look inside tank and the line doesnt go into tank, its flush with the grommet.

im wondering if the grommet is designed to somehow stop the fuel going up the breather tube but still allow air to come in. & this one may be worn so its allowing fuel up that line when it shouldnt.

This arvo I swapped the breather over with the one on my M230. Still leaks, whereas the exact same carb/fuel lines don't leak on the M230. So that can only mean the problem is with the grommet that presses into top of tank. Will have to replace the grommet and fuel lines. Where do u guys buy these parts? Local shop or an online source. Cheers

Very Helpful Member

postage may hurt but have brought a few things from these guys

http://www.lawnmowerpros.com/Shindai...T230-Parts.asp
    http://www.lawnmowerpros.com/detail.asp?id=V470001210

have you blowing back down the line maybe something is sticking it open
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Thanks for the links!

No haven't tried blowing down the line. I will give that a try & let you know cheers

Very Helpful Member

could also try swapping fuel caps

ah, ian just wants to say youve tried giving it a blow . . .

lol, ian you old stirrer !!!

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    ah, ian just wants to say youve tried giving it a blow . . .

lol, ian you old stirrer !!!
    Ha Ha
    no just trying to think of anything he can try that won't cost anything before he try's stuff that will

a20791f12e127620c4185c_m.jpg

I have replaced this bugger & the fuel breather. Have reduced the fuel leak considerably, but theres still a very minimal leak. After about 4 hrs, 20-30mls leaked into an ice cream container, with snipper upside down off coarse.

Guess Ill be happy with that, before hand it used to lose a full tank overnight.