Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much does everyone charge for weed spraying in gardens and spraying of lawns ?

Default Re: How much does everyone charge for weed spraying in gardens and spraying of lawns

Quote Originally Posted by HPM View Post
    G'day Matt
    I'm in Newcastle NSW and last year I charged the client the same as a mow to do a broadleaf spray on their lawn.
    It's a lot quicker to spray the lawn than mow it but there is chemical cost plus set up and cleanup times. If its a big lawn or slightly under quoted I will sometimes add the chemical cost to the invoice.
    Then anyone that gets their lawn sprayed also gets a fert app in late winter,early spring which is also the same cost as a mow.
    Do this when the lawns are at 4weekly and you set your client up to pay you 2weekly before the growth starts in spring 2 months earlier than they would normally.(mow,2weeks,spray,2weeks,mow,2weeks,fert, 2weeks,mow,2weeks,mow).
    If your keen you can also spray for broadleaf late autumn/early winter as well...
    If they are not so keen then throw in the fert app for free the first year then they will see the results and will want it the following year.
    Then the fert app can be done again every 10 weeks until the end of autumn.
    There is also top dressing to do in early spring which I try to do before the lawns go to 2weekly and I will top dress their lawn every 2years with an organic mix that breaks down as to add nutrient not height. If its uneven then mix in 25% sandy top dress with the organic mix.
    With top dress, chem spray and fert you can keep your income to almost 2weekly payments all year.
    Good advice......
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Default Re: How much does everyone charge for weed spraying in gardens and spraying of lawns

Hi Thanks for all the replies, i should of said that i only generally only do garden sprays with mowing or hedging etc. i don't go out and do sprays for $25 or anything like that and to be honest i don't get many requests for it at the moment. Pretty much only ever done a couple of lawn sprays, i do have my ACDC Licence though, so i may as well try and make the most of it. Mostly i finish the mowing and then grab the backpack out of the ute and zoom around and spray the gardens, so the spraying is on top of the mowing. But i am interested in marketing Lawn sprays through winter which i was really unsure about ( get your lawn into shape for spring, now spraying for bindi/ clover etc ) Just had a new bub arrive and trying to think of ways for the income to keep coming in as it's just my income at the moment. Thanks to Happy, have sent you a message. Thanks to AJD, HPM, Imoww, Paul and Woodchip. Thanks again
    Matt

mate I charge about $20 to spray weeds in garden beds while I'm there, takes 5-10 mins, I buy roundup in 20lt containers at less than $100 so with the avg application of, say,
    15-30ml, its easy money. others prices for lawn sprays are about right too by my reckoning

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

If your spraying clover its best to do it in spring when the white flowers come out and the bees are buzzing around in it. I say to my customers It would be a good idea to get rid of that clover before one of your family gets stung most of the time they want it done. you spray 3-4 days before you mow.

Hi Matt,

Depends on the area to be sprayed, weed spraying in gardens for my regulars i calculate into my per visit cost, i allow $10 to $25 dependent on the garden size.
    As for lawn spraying, again it depends on lawn size, but for this sort of work (Kamba, Bindi whatever) minimum cost of $125.

^ I'm more along your lines Matt (m287j) in terms of price expectation.

Especially for broadscale lawn spraying you need to know the coverage rate, flow rate of your equipment, required ml/litres over given amount of ground etc, the speed you need to walk to deliver this rate etc etc. A lot more to it than just mixing up a backpack of spray.

Old but effective saying, its also LAW! ....Read the lable, heed the lable.

Where do you buy your roundup 20l Redeye sounds cheap for $100, Bunnings sells 5l for $79.00.

best to buy it from ag supplies/farm supplies places.

theres a huge variation even between different branches of the same company.

theres also a huge variation in the strengths of the products, let alone the non-roundup brand ones too.

i rang a lot of places, and made a spreadsheet to work out the actual prices (for the differing strengths) - i found roundup DST 470 for about $95 for 15 litres to be the best buy anywhere near me - which is like 20 litres of 360 stuff (by comparison) - but the same shop in a different area wanted a lot more.

its a lovely blue color too

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

I get my chem from landmark. 20lt firebolt $95. Same as roundup powermax 540. Rainfast in a half hour. I'm also ex Vip and work same cost as the mow for the regular clients. Anyone else is $50 per 150m2 for broadleaf or blackbeetle.You have to suit up/ wear a mask for that spray.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
    Where do you buy your roundup 20l Redeye sounds cheap for $100, Bunnings sells 5l for $79.00.
    Last roundup I got was $95 for 20litres, at Elders. And its Biactive, so safe for waterways, whereas the standard stuff isnt

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    If your spraying clover its best to do it in spring when the white flowers come out and the bees are buzzing around in it. I say to my customers It would be a good idea to get rid of that clover before one of your family gets stung most of the time they want it done. you spray 3-4 days before you mow.
    I always thought it best to get it before it flowers and starts spreading out of control. Maybe harder to sell when it's not so obvious though?

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

Thats just how I do it fairdinkum but what your saying is not a bad idea. I like to do it in spring because not only do you get rid of the clover but the bindi and the broad leaf at the same time and other weeds like creeping oxalis. They all seem to take off at the same time and when it happens I have my backpack full ready to go pre mixed. I know now how much to put in to mix it to get the best results and the speed to walk.
    I saw impala had a good boom spray set up on his backpack I wouldn't mind getting one the same it would make it quicker.
    I made a mistake in my previous post I forgot to mention the cost of the product I meant the cost to mow plus the cost of the product. If a lawn costs $50 to mow I add another $20

That's about what I charge too. There's already lots of bindies around here and clover is starting to appear. I'd like to be spraying now to get it under control.

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

check out wheelspray.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast