Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much does everyone charge for weed spraying in gardens and spraying of lawns ?

Default Re: How much does everyone charge for weed spraying in gardens and spraying of lawns

I like that a lot more than the boom system I'm using at the moment!

Default Re: How much does everyone charge for weed spraying in gardens and spraying of lawns

Thanks for all the replies everyone, that helps alot : )

Hi fellow lawnies, I just got a call from a semi regular customer, they usually do the mowing and then call me to do the edges around the house and driveways, its a very large house so it takes me about an hour to do the edges alone, she just asked me if I could apply some weedkiller over the entire back yard which is roughly 2000 sqm, what sort of price would I charge for that, I looked at a spray on bottle of brunnings weedkiller and it only covers 250 sqm.

You need to identify what weeds are to be targeted and then use an appropriate weed spray. If you use KambaM or a similar product you will use at least 1.5 liters. correct application is important which means you need to mark out the lawn into sections remembering that area coverage and correct dosage of weed kill is important to success. to help you need to add a surfactant and colour to the mix. Both these ingredients can cost as much as the chemical. you need to apply it with a backpack at a minimum. The cost is made up of visit to site to mark it out, calculating dosage, mixing, chemical cost plus surfactant and dye, and then the time to complete job and maybe a followup to cover missed areas etc? I think you would be looking at $100 just to get started and then add in your profit margin. kambam is about $33 a liter with other same product from other suppliers slightly less.

Bellarine has pretty much covered it above. Don't forget it's different herbicides for different grass species (to much Kamba on buffalo and you'll be replacing the buffalo)Different weeds can require different herbicides as well. For example just say you have a green couch with some flat weeds, nut grass and paspalum, that's going to require minimum 2 different products.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Have Your Say Competition is always a factor on price .

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

I usually charge up to twice what the cut value of the property is. It is not only about applying the chemicals, but also keeping paperwork (chemical register) on all chemicals used. This also takes time to do so I account for that time as well. I also never guarantee that the first lawn spray will eradicate all weeds in the first spray, I will only offer a guarantee if they have a second application applied between 8-12 weeks after the initial application and offer a 10% discount if they get a second application.

My register includes:

Chemical Name
    Date Applied
    Time Applied
    DG class
    Pack Grp. I, II, III
    Property Location
    Chemical Manufacturer
    Total Quantity Used
    MSDS Expiry Date
    Wind Speed approx
    Wind Direction
    Outside Temperature
    Humidity

This covers pretty much all bases if something goes wrong, eg. neighbor complaint over dead grass or plants.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

spraying has been a big part of my new business...
    For lawn bindi spraying I charge double the mow rate plus $10..
    so is a client is on a $50 cut, I charge $110.. this includes one full coverage spray and a follow up touch up spray in 5-6 weeks... I'll even Touch up spray a 3rd time if i have too...just to get a good result
    B.L.T.H Brake late,turn hard

Quote Originally Posted by AndoTheMando View Post
    spraying has been a big part of my new business...
    For lawn bindi spraying I charge double the mow rate plus $10..
    so is a client is on a $50 cut, I charge $110.. this includes one full coverage spray and a follow up touch up spray in 5-6 weeks... I'll even Touch up spray a 3rd time if i have too...just to get a good result
    Actually you are offering them a good service and the price you charge covers that for the best outcome

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Actually you are offering them a good service and the price you charge covers that for the best outcome
    Thanks .. I love a happy customer..
    B.L.T.H Brake late,turn hard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123