Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Silky Telescopic Pole Saw

Hybrid View

Default Silky Telescopic Pole Saw

Did you know that Silky Saws Japan make a telescopic pole saw that extends to 7.7 metres?

Default Re: Silky Telescopic Pole Saw

I got 4 silky saw the best of the best one being the pole saw cuts better and saffer than a chainsaw on certin types of woods....Be nice to have a silky key chain very nice....
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

Hi 63impala. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Silky Poles! We are finding that a lot of councils around the country are starting to realise that the Pole Saws are a great, safer option for their staff in many situations, especially storm work! As for the Silky Key rings, they were a hit with many of our customers when we had them. Unfortunately they have been unavailable for a long time now, however word is that we might be getting some soon! So if you jump on our facebook page, like the page and message us your address, I'll make sure one gets to you when they arrive! Silky Saws Australia - Facebook Name.

Hi APR,
    I'm wondering if there is any differences in the blades of the hayate & hayauchi?
    Reading the info on your website I wasn't 100% certain if the hayauchi is telescopic, or you have to add separate extension poles to it to get the length?

Im after a pole saw to de-frond (& take off cocos seed pods) palms, & general tree trimming, any suggestions what might suit?, have you personally used the 7.7m at full length, just wondering how manageable it is at that length?

No doubt the Silkys are a good saw, they get good reviews, but are a serious investment, are you doing any deals that are too good to refuse?

Always good to hear from equipment sellers on the forum, shows a willingness from your company to help contractors, so thanks for that,
    cheers
    Woody
    Cert' II & Cert' III Arboriculture
    Carpenter & Property Maintenance
    www.bluewatermaintenance.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Woodchip View Post
    No doubt the Silkys are a good saw, they get good reviews, but are a serious investment, are you doing any deals that are too good to refuse?
    Would love to get some Silky gear but this is why I have Wolf gear currently. It's hard to justify two to three times the price that I pay already.

As contractors it would be nice to be able to buy direct from you guys at a 'contractor price' rather than through a dealer. Same could be said for any gear we buy though.

Arborlab has dealers and im working on that as we speak lol

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Cheers bud will do on Silky USA Facebook page and some of iteams they are bring out are amazing will do Aust version Cheers Impala....

Hi Woody,

Thanks for your questions. We are the importers, so love our customers to go to our dealers to get advice and purchase the saws. You can see our dealers details, and or buy the saws off our website as well, which is www.arborlab.com.au For special deals though, we run competitions and specials on our facebook page, Silky Saws Australia, so a good idea to become a liker of that and then you will be able to enter the competitions and see the specials!

In regard to your questions, there are many differences between the Hayate and Hayauchi Blades. But in saying that they do the same thing on the same thing at the end of the day, just different technology in the construction. All of our pole saws excluding the Fiberglass and Nobita pole saws are telescopic. The lengths quoted on our website are the maximum lengths that particular pole saw will go to, i.e 6.3 metres.

Both the Hayate and Hayauchi are great for taking the fonds and seed pods off palms. The teeth on the Hayauchi are aggresive, but small enough not to get stuck on the fibres. The Hayates are non set and so glide very easily through the fibres. Hayate has a removable sickle which some like, whereas the Hayauchi has a slightly stiffer blade which others like.

Yes I and many of our staff have used the 7.7 at full length and it is managable. In saying that, it is not the easiest length to use, you must use common sense and be aware that when you are holding it in a upright position it will be easy to manouvour, but when you start to angle it, it will seem very heavy. Then when you have it placed on the branch you wish to cut it will have no weight as the tree holds the weight of the pole saw. The blade cuts as you pull the pole saw toward you, so the cutting action is very easy and is made easier the greater angle you have the pole saw on. Pushing on the pole saw makes cutting much harder as Silkys are designed to do the work for you, so gravity pressure is all that is required. Silky maybe a large investment, but pay off very quickly as they work so well, and last so long that they normally work off their cost very fast.

Paul, there is a huge diff between the cutting ability of the wolf & the silky or barnell.
    Im a wolf fan for certain things but the teeth on their saws are too small & it takes alot bigger effort to cut through.
    The wolf bowsaw which can also be attached to the pole, has bigger teeth & will cut quicker but, in some instances its width makes it awkward.
    I like using a manual polesaw for a branch or two but, if you have lots of that kind of work, a pole chainsaw is the way to go.
    Cheers Fred.

That's exactly what I'm trying to justify Fred. Cost vs cutting efficiency/quality. Wolf will do me for the time being but reach isn't as great as the 7.7m from Silky and there is a lot of flex in the Wolf pole at full extension too which does make cutting more difficult. Like you said, pole chainsaw would be nice - one day

Hi PaulG,

Thanks for your message. A Silky purchase is not something people often regret, but understandably hard to make if you havent had the chance to use one yet. Some of the stores now have demo saws for their customers try and this way you can see for yourself why the price is justifiable.

We are doing our best to get these saws into as many good dealers as we can for you, so that you can access parts and replacement saws as quickly as you need them. Also great service and advice is important for Silky, so that is a big part of being a Silky dealer! We are told that a lot of the stores stocking the Silkys, do do contractor discounts, so if they havent yet offered it, make sure to ask next time you are in. Also as previously mentioned if you like our facebook page you can enter our competitions and see some specials that we run from time to time.

Yep just checked out the Facebook page

Do you have any recommended dealers here? (Toowoomba 4350)

I use a cheap saw similar to these, fitted into the telescopic swimming pool tube, only my home use but work well, i hate coco's palms and i only have one, the council want 77 bucks to inspect the tree and prolly say i cant get rid of the bugger, anyway one of these saws attached onto the fibreglass poles the high voltage electricians would be light to use, and cheap!!. if you know the right people

One Stop Industrial
    Shop 15 Wyalla Plaza
    Great to see you've already checked our the facebook page PaulG.

When you've got some time, pop down and see Dale at One Stop Industrial. Their address is: 238 Taylor St Toowoomba Qld 4350 and contact numbers:
    Ph: 07 46349766
    Fax: 07 4634 9877
    Email: accounts@onestopindustrial.com.au
    He's a really nice guy and keen to provide great service, so just let him know how he can help!

Tuckers garden service Had wolf pole saw, the teeth are really fine do silky have fine tooth for the pole saw....The wolf cut like hot knife....Were the silky on palms is a bit triky teeth or like chisel chains on a chainsaw....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast