Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Silky Telescopic Pole Saw

Default Re: Silky Telescopic Pole Saw

hey, imp, i read you were leaving the mowing game, what are you up to now?

Funny that was on the phone today regarding this stihl be a bit longer....Stihl mowing lawns going carrer part time lawnie if they want to work with my sceduel but people say you aint really want to do this after that but looking for some thing big a goal that drives me so need the money....To many toys to leave this game pluse i like working on them to, saves money and a brain teaser....

Stihl Mowing

Silky saws are the best go try one....

Cut down a whole tree with one.... that night took a piss and thought dam this thing getting heavy but woke up in the moring it was my shoulder....

Hey Imp you still got that boom spray for you back pack sprayer?
    Where did you get it mate I have been looking but cant find one. I want to try and get one for next spring.

Cheers
    Dean
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

lol, imp, youre "stihl" a funny man,

always make me laugh

good onya and best of luck

Cheers Hap....

Thats it ajd let me know if you cant find it and ill ask the lokal dealer....

http://www.hardi.com.au/au/products/...res-and-specs/

Silky the best.

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    Where did you get it mate I have been looking but cant find one. I want to try and get one for next spring.

Cheers
    Dean

Got it Kev thanks mate..

If you have a pole saw, why would you get a hand saw? Apart from the height?

Tom

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSizer View Post
    If you have a pole saw, why would you get a hand saw? Apart from the height?

Tom

so tempting to make a couple of changes to your post .
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post

Cheers
    Dean
    Hey Dean
    I have a Solo boom for mine mate,got it from Globe.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Thanks courty.. does it make it quicker?

Certainly does Ollie
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Good question Tom,

That is why Silky Saws have made a dual purpose saw called the Forester. No, it is not a Subaru, it is a lightweight 4.5metre pole saw that you can remove the blade easily from, slip on a Gomtaro handle and turn it into an awesome handsaw. The handsaw is similar to the Sugoi in action and cutting. It is unbelievable.

When you have the need for the pole saw it is a two minute job to reattach the blade.

Arborists have a number of different handsaws as well as pole saws and chainsaws. For pruning they like a saw that cuts finely and leaves a very clean cut that helps reduce or prevent fungal or disease ingress. For lopping they will use a much more aggresive hand saw, especially if they are at or near schools. Noise abatement is important. They also carry a smaller saw in case they jam their chainsaw and have to cut it out.

A Silky tip, the easiest way to keep your Silky rust free and ready for action is to clean it after use, spray with lanolin, available in spray cans from mower shops and store in its scabbard or sheath.

Valued Country Member Shepparton Lawn Care's Avatar

Hi Arborlab, does the pole saw lock in like the barnel pole saws do? and is there any difference in the quality of the saw blades-Barnel vs Silky? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Arborlab PR View Post
    Good question Tom,

That is why Silky Saws have made a dual purpose saw called the Forester. No, it is not a Subaru, it is a lightweight 4.5metre pole saw that you can remove the blade easily from, slip on a Gomtaro handle and turn it into an awesome handsaw. The handsaw is similar to the Sugoi in action and cutting. It is unbelievable.

When you have the need for the pole saw it is a two minute job to reattach the blade.

Arborists have a number of different handsaws as well as pole saws and chainsaws. For pruning they like a saw that cuts finely and leaves a very clean cut that helps reduce or prevent fungal or disease ingress. For lopping they will use a much more aggresive hand saw, especially if they are at or near schools. Noise abatement is important. They also carry a smaller saw in case they jam their chainsaw and have to cut it out.

A Silky tip, the easiest way to keep your Silky rust free and ready for action is to clean it after use, spray with lanolin, available in spray cans from mower shops and store in its scabbard or sheath.

Thanks for that.

Tom

Hi Shepparton Lawn Care,

Silkys are world leaders in hand and pole saw construction. The Barnel are made in America and are a different technology in their steel construction, so yes the blades are different and cut and last differently.
    The poles are similar but again different. Silkys have an oval style pole, slightly different depending on the weight of our poles. So each pole will have a different oval style, so that it is as strong and as user friendly as possible. They have a double locking mechanism, one is a pin which pops out and holds the two poles together, and the other is a clamp that squeezes the poles together. Everything on the pole saws are replaceable so if you loose a screw or spring you can easily get a replacement.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast