Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: leaflet longevity

Default Re: leaflet longevity

Quote Originally Posted by stephenst View Post
    Around here the "no junk mail" boxes if they get delivered, home owners generally call and give you an ear full!
    Most people tell me that the junk mail they don't want are the catalogues. Others say the sign was put on the letterbox by the previous occupant. In all that time i've only had one person phone me to complain.

I've just ordered 5000 thick cards to turn into fridge magnets. I am aiming to get 100 customers by the end of the year if I put them in once in my farmed suburb and then whenever I go in and cut a clients yard and do 5 houses left, right and across the road as well as door knocking.

I've done 1500 in a suburb before and have gotten over 50, so in a couple of drops I expect to get around 50 in a space of a year.

If you want to get a highly productive residential round, drop MAGNETS! Not just cards or flyers in every house in that neighbourhood every month or every cut. And learn to prep your rig to quickly deploy your gear ie fast ramps and racks and learn to get in and out asap while doing a good job. I'd find the fastest ride on to use, load and unload. I even have pre cut lines all ready to go.

Smart contractors do up to 17 lawns a day @ $66 and be done by 3pm

I had a company put them in, I got about 15 houses from about 500 but they were small yards and many vacates. I met with a real estate agent who seems to get a bit of success doing the drop himself (he was the principal and still does things on foot!) He is dominating the market and the farmed area as he feels he has a mental edge by getting a feel of the area being there and "taking it all in"

When I get staff I'll be putting on a role of marketing sales and PR so I'll be on foot 2-3hrs a day putting in magnets, saying g'day to everyone and selling on the spot. I get to be extra picky and only putting them in on yards I think I can get done with ease and half the time. 100 customers in a suburb of 2000 is only a 1:20 ratio so that's doable.

Quote Originally Posted by VJinTownsville View Post
    I've just ordered 5000 thick cards to turn into fridge magnets. I am aiming to get 100 customers by the end of the year if I put them in once in my farmed suburb and then whenever I go in and cut a clients yard and do 5 houses left, right and across the road as well as door knocking.

I've done 1500 in a suburb before and have gotten over 50, so in a couple of drops I expect to get around 50 in a space of a year.

If you want to get a highly productive residential round, drop MAGNETS! Not just cards or flyers in every house in that neighbourhood every month or every cut. And learn to prep your rig to quickly deploy your gear ie fast ramps and racks and learn to get in and out asap while doing a good job. I'd find the fastest ride on to use, load and unload. I even have pre cut lines all ready to go.

nice INFO, You said smart contractors do 17 lawn a day and finished by 3pm is that a single man crew ?

We did 17 today in 6.5 hours but that was 2 man crew and good lawns.

Quote Originally Posted by VJinTownsville View Post

And go surfing......Roo lives
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

I just thought I would resurrect this thread and ask if anyone still gets good returns from flyers. I have done jumping castles for 12 years, obviously changing to mowing and my experience was about 1/2 of 1% return off flyers. It's now August and after reading the thread I'm going to give the flyers a go, is now a good time or should I wait.
    Remember I'm Caboolture/Bribie Island in Queensland, the weather is warm but only 1 shower of rain for weeks and weeks, my few customers haven't seen any grass growth.
    So should I drop them now or wait, I'm going to walk the streets to drop them.
    LOL my first post here ranks higher than my website
    http://www.cameronslawncare.com.au

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

I'd wait until there's growth. Reason is when the homeowner glances at the leaflet while standing at the letterbox they also see the state of the lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron's Lawns View Post
    So should I drop them now or wait, I'm going to walk the streets to drop them.
    definitely wait for growth, Im having the same issue, lack of rain, lack of growth. I have about 2000 printed and waiting to do a drop around my way.
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

Agree wait for growth. In my area we get probably on average one flyer from a gardener/lawnie once a week throughout the year doesn't really stop. Real Estate agents everyday!!!

Wow I think we get a lawn mowing flyer about twice a year.
    Real Estates are twice a week or so.
    Still no rain anywhere near us, I just scored a Duplex though, I still can't support the family on what I've got so far. Sigh.
    LOL my first post here ranks higher than my website
    http://www.cameronslawncare.com.au

Think about what the house owner will do. Personally I ditch any flyers I get without reading them. Just more junk mail. If I wanted a lawnie I would hit the web
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    ....... Personally I ditch any flyers I get without reading them. Just more junk mail. .....
    Yet there are those that keep these. I haven't been a lawnie now for 7 years and left that town 5 years ago - and STILL get calls from fliers, cards and magnets I left about.

There is ongoing residual value in your marketing efforts - don't just measure immediate results.
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Quote Originally Posted by glassngrass View Post
    Yet there are those that keep these. I haven't been a lawnie now for 7 years and left that town 5 years ago - and STILL get calls from fliers, cards and magnets I left about.

There is ongoing residual value in your marketing efforts - don't just measure immediate results.
    Especially in older areas and when you have dropped the area a few times.
    They tend to notice a bit more when they have seen the card/flyer or recognise the name from other local advertising also.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345