Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Offset gutters

Default Offset gutters

Where the top story of the house is not as wide as the first story.
    Who does them?
    How do you do them?
    Cheers Fred.

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Default Re: Offset gutters

Good question Fred. One of my customers has been painting their house and having this problem. No way to place a ladder safely.

thats a good question fred, but youre just having a laugh, stirring the pot, i reckon

good luck with it mate !!!

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    thats a good question fred, but youre just having a laugh, stirring the pot, i reckon

good luck with it mate !!!
    No happy, serious question!
    Cheers Fred.

i do them,

and you should be working at heights trained, and use ropes and a harness (check the WHS laws in your state, i can only say whats the go in queensland, but id reckon theyre prolly even more strict in nsw/vic) - or have scaffold or edge protection

but maybe you could get a bigger step ladder than that one you already have, and use your butt as the third point of contact?

cos you certainly arent sposed to use a ladder leaning against a gutter to work from (AT ALL) - so you either clean gutters from a PLATFORM LADDER, or you go off the roof with the proper ropes and harness, or scaffold, or edge protection.

sure youre not stirring fred?

cos its the same stuff we discussed a week or so ago when you went all quiet after i posted my whs findings and links to documentation?

oh well

cheers mate

http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/sh...=height+safety

the link for ya to the docs i posted

Anyone else?
    Cheers Fred.

i do them,

and you should be working at heights trained, and use ropes and a harness (check the WHS laws in your state, i can only say whats the go in queensland, but id reckon theyre prolly even more strict in nsw/vic) - or have scaffold or edge protection

but maybe you could get a bigger step ladder than that one you already have, and use your butt as the third point of contact?

cos you certainly arent sposed to use a ladder leaning against a gutter to work from (AT ALL) - so you either clean gutters from a PLATFORM LADDER, or you go off the roof with the proper ropes and harness, or scaffold, or edge protection.

sure youre not stirring fred?

cos its the same stuff we discussed a week or so ago when you went all quiet after i posted my whs findings and links to documentation?

oh well

cheers mate
    The question is - how do you safely place a ladder on tiles to access the second floor? Tiles can be brittle and you wont know until it's to late even with the second person there for support

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    The question is - how do you safely place a ladder on tiles to access the second floor? Tiles can be brittle and you wont know until it's to late even with the second person there for support
    Thats what I was thinking except brittle tiles or not I still wouldn't try using a ladder with the lower tiled roof as a base.

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    thats the sort of thing you learn in your working at heights course mate - if you havent done a course i cant discuss it with you, it just doesnt seem right to encourage untrained folk into doing something dangerous and against the whs laws - i certainly am not a trainer, so i shouldnt be offering advice like that...

cheers !!!

Cherry picker...... Spider lift.

thats the sort of thing you learn in your working at heights course mate - if you havent done a course i cant discuss it with you, it just doesnt seem right to encourage untrained folk into doing something dangerous and against the whs laws - i certainly am not a trainer, so i shouldnt be offering advice like that...

cheers !!!
    But wouldn't you be better off letting others know how to do it safely before they try it the wrong way. Ultimately that is what they will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil&family View Post
    Cherry picker...... Spider lift.
    yep, ewp is another way.

if anyones really interested in me answering their questions about working at heights in a fashion id be more comfortable with (ie, not on a public forum) shoot me your phone number in a pm and i'll give you a call when *****y telstra come fix my phone they stuffed up - friday at the earliest.

just not willing to put it up on the forum sorry - if youre seriously interested, i'll call you and we'll go from there

thats the best i can do sorry

Surely there is an area where you can go directly via ladder to the upper roof?

Would be a weird looking roof....??
    Cert' II & Cert' III Arboriculture
    Carpenter & Property Maintenance
    www.bluewatermaintenance.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    But wouldn't you be better off letting others know how to do it safely before they try it the wrong way. Ultimately that is what they will do.
    ok, say i asked a qualified tree lopper how to use the equipment, and he knew very well i wasnt trained, then i went and hurt myself doing the work - do you think many treeloppers would tell you anything (if youre untrained?)

see where im at with this?

the KNOWLEDGE alone isnt a lawful way to do this job, you MUST hold the training certificate - by LAW.

or another one, how about if i asked lets say Paul G (sorry to use your name mate) how to apply a really BAD poison - he has the traiing and i dont, what would his answer to me be?

see what i mean?

the knowledge is dangerous without the training - and if someone ends up crippled i'd rather not have had a hand in it.

cheers

Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast