Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Indi Holiday

Default Indi Holiday

Hi Guys,
    I must apologize for my behavior of late in responding to certain people on here in a sarcastic and rude manner.

I have to admit the reason I come on here is a selfish one. I come on here for a chat with experienced people in the hope of widening my knowledge in this industry and if I can help anyone on the way thats good

This forum of late is full of arguments and the wise old hands arnt posting as much. I believe this is due to a couple of people on here that still have their L plates on in this industry that believe they have more knowledge than everyone on everything. As soon as someone posts these people jump in with advice and of coarse as soon as they are challenged arguments start. These wise old hands have 2 options, spend all their conversations on here with an argument attached or stop posting.. These experienced people are the jewels of this forum, they are the elders of the tribe and must be respected. If this problem is not dealt with they will leave WHY WOULDN'T THEY??

I am against egotistical people that always have their mouth open and never their ears
    I am against egotistical people that disrespect others especially experienced elders
    I am against egotistical people that plan on using this forum as a poaching ground for future projects

Anyway I am not enjoying my time on here of late and have decided to take an Indi Holiday

Who has had enough??

I have

See ya later alligators
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Default Re: Indi Holiday

I know where you're coming from mate - unfortunately

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Well as a newbie i just glance over most of what your mentioning, i'm after information, tips, and whatever i can use, believe me, this site is a goldmine, other music and harmonica sites i'm involved with have same kind of "blues" and things and get off track, but things straighten out after a short time, i'm sure you'll be back Dean, you helped me when i joined up.
    regards, Bruce D.........

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I must apologize for my behavior of late in responding to certain people on here in a sarcastic and rude manner.

I have to admit the reason I come on here is a selfish one. I come on here for a chat with experienced people in the hope of widening my knowledge in this industry and if I can help anyone on the way thats good

This forum of late is full of arguments and the wise old hands arnt posting as much. I believe this is due to a couple of people on here that still have their L plates on in this industry that believe they have more knowledge than everyone on everything. As soon as someone posts these people jump in with advice and of coarse as soon as they are challenged arguments start. These wise old hands have 2 options, spend all their conversations on here with an argument attached or stop posting.. These experienced people are the jewels of this forum, they are the elders of the tribe and must be respected. If this problem is not dealt with they will leave WHY WOULDN'T THEY??

I am against egotistical people that always have their mouth open and never their ears
    I am against egotistical people that disrespect others especially experienced elders
    I am against egotistical people that plan on using this forum as a poaching ground for future projects

Anyway I am not enjoying my time on here of late and have decided to take an Indi Holiday

Who has had enough??

I have

See ya later alligators

dean,
    I must thank you for making a stance. Im in the same boat as you, not Nameing any names But admin Knows who they are,
    I too hardly post on here because i dont want to be pt on a pedastool telling me im wrong and answering stupid question to make a certain person Feed his ego!

Anyways I will be here but only in the background!
    Sick and tired of this crap!and the fact that he is trying to build an empire!!

Dean I couldn't agree with you more. Last night I almost submitted a new topic almost identical to what you have just written; but I decided against it at the last minute.

I'm a fairly tolerant person by all standards but if someone/some people are going to dish it out then I am not going to sit back, accept the BS and just say nothing. I too apologise to forum members who have had to wade through the crap over the last twelve months but as I said I won't sit back and say nothing.

As I said last night I will limiting my input here in future but I will still peruse topics and offer help where I genuinely see it needed.

Having said that, I do have a question to ask of some of the more experienced heads than me regarding landscaping and access issues which I will post tonight.
    I hope to get some genuine replies from those truly 'in the know' and not a pageful of Googled answers.

Sorry to see you go Dean, as have many others recently and yes...we know why.
    Think I'll join you, differences of opinion make the world go around and can lead to thinking outside the box but bullying until you either agree or shut up has basically sucked the fun right out of this place.
    If you look back through old threads from 2, 3 or more years ago, the information was there, given freely, with a laugh and a joke and without bombast and lecturing.
    ~ Joanne ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs HMS View Post
    Sorry to see you go Dean, as have many others recently and yes...we know why.
    Think I'll join you, differences of opinion make the world go around and can lead to thinking outside the box but bullying until you either agree or shut up has basically sucked the fun right out of this place.
    If you look back through old threads from 2, 3 or more years ago, the information was there, given freely, with a laugh and a joke and without bombast and lecturing.
    Unfortunately I have been feeling exactly the same way for quite a while now. I think back in the time we were asking for "mods" because this type of stuff was coming up.
    It will sort itself out but we will lose some people along the way. I don't want to just "extract info" from here without giving back what little I know to others BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In my humble opinion there needs to be a change of direction on here quite soon, but I will just lurk for a while.

Agreed

fourteen
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

I used to be a member of an alternate forum that existed alongside this one, from memory pretty sure Matt (a.k.a M287J), Ian (a.k.a mustang sally) and a few others were members. It was a good forum, a place to exchange ideas, a place to unwind after a hard day a have a laugh or vent. But along come a few diccks that just wanted to bait everyone, i think most just stopped posting after a while and Topcat wound the forum up, because being a fellow contractor why would he want to deal with the crap while running his own business. I sometimes think about all the great information that was lost at the flick of a switch. I think Happy and Simo do have some good ideas and advice, they just need to pull back occasionally. And i think this is a record for me, my posts are usually only two sentences at most.

Dean will be back, just a dose of Bali Belly

Quote Originally Posted by cadase View Post
    I used to be a member of an alternate forum that existed alongside this one, from memory pretty sure Matt (a.k.a M287J), Ian (a.k.a mustang sally) and a few others were members. It was a good forum, a place to exchange ideas, a place to unwind after a hard day a have a laugh or vent. But along come a few diccks that just wanted to bait everyone, i think most just stopped posting after a while and Topcat wound the forum up, because being a fellow contractor why would he want to deal with the crap while running his own business. I sometimes think about all the great information that was lost at the flick of a switch. I think Happy and Simo do have some good ideas and advice, they just need to pull back occasionally. And i think this is a record for me, my posts are usually only two sentences at most.
    I was known as Slasher on that alternate forum by the way,(product disclosure )

Thats why I entered this site, to gain some really valuable info. I'm just starting out and have already received some really good advice from some of the above members. It's a shame when this happens, but unfortunately as BSD stated it does happen.

I have been a member of some Radio Control Helicopter and Planes forums for many years now and stepped away because of the political garbage that happens.

Take it easy guys and good luck. Please send as much help and info as you like my way. I will be more than appreciative and thankful for it.

Cheers Damien
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

unfortunately this tends to happen. i have always been deeply involved in 4wd racing (namely winch challenges such as Ateco and Cliffhanger) and thus i was a member of a number of forums. Too many people with too big a head in most cases destroys forums and online communities sadly. I have witnessed the collapse of a few forums and communities from people who are too proud to be told, but are happy to tell all day long. I havent been on here long enough to establish 100% who is genuine and who is just here to harrass the genuine, but from what i have seen, it will be a shame to see many go, and there will be many. If it wasnt for Dean, i doubt i would have become a registered Indi but just a lurker and his input will be missed by alot of people here. Dont be a stranger mate ...if all else fails, im sure we could organise a few beers out at lucas heights ...though unorthodox it would be amusing to see the staffs reaction lol
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

Mow & Go, which team at Ateco & Cliffhanger etc? I've followed those closely over the years and have been involved in a lot of the 4WD forums myself, including a small one I run with a friend.

HOW'S THIS TO TROLLS.............

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast