Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Site Access Issues re Garden Design/ Landscaping etc

Default Site Access Issues re Garden Design/ Landscaping etc

I'm taking on a few more garden design and landscaping projects these days but one I have coming up soon that is going to be a problem regarding access, or rather lack of.

I barely get my 21" mower up the steep, narrow side path as it is and I can see this requiring a bobcat or a mini-excavator at least plus all the ancillary equipment and materials.

The whole backyard is to be redesigned, pavers, timber, sandstone, plants and all associated materials will need to be moved from the street in and up two to three levels of sloping ground.

Has anyone had a similar project? Have you tried to gain access through a neighbours yard/fence or what have you done to get materials and machines into a space that seems impossible?

Default Re: Site Access Issues re Garden Design/ Landscaping etc

stupidly ...craned it in lol a mate of mine built a pool house (what a piece of art it was too ) and craned it over the house ...so i took the idea and ran with it ...but that was a full landscape job ...all my gear plus rental gear and supplies over the house ...it is damn expensive though. look for a colourbond fence ...easy to remove a panel and replace it when the job is done
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

Paul can you access via a neighbour's fence?
    My old boss completely redid his back yard including new pool, massive deck multilevel deck, pool house, paving and landscaping, turf the lot. He had minimal street access directly to his yard. He came to an arrangement with a neighbour to allow access via their driveway and removing a portion of fence. Because both properties had dogs the fence had to be rigged to drop back in at the end of each day. I think it was arranged that the neighbour got some work done for free (which was built in to the quote and charged to my boss) to sweeten the deal, as was a new fence when the job was complete.
    ~ Joanne ~

I have worked on a couple of sites, where they had no access, so they arranged with the neighbour to get through that way, may need to over to pay or repair any damage, but the owner can cover that

Cheers all. Through a neighbour's yard is what I'm thinking too at this stage. The house directly behind has a reasonably level yard and decent side access (I think) and a section of timber fence could easily be taken out and a couple of trees removed from my client's place. It could be up to two weeks work depending on how many other contractors I might hire to help. Then as mentioned there's repairing any damage done to the neighbours yard. Will be up there again Friday for a walk-around a design-chat so will have to look more closely at the neighbour's yard then. Anyone know if it's legal to destroy a scrub-turkey nest/mound?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Anyone know if it's legal to destroy a scrub-turkey nest/mound?
    Not at christmas
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....