Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Man Therapy

Default Man Therapy

Beyond Blue have released a new ad campaign alongside a new website designed for men to use. It's called Man Therapy and can be found at http://mantherapy.org.au/home.html. I have had a quick look around and I think it's great. As a sufferer of depression, mental health awareness is pretty close to my heart. I encourage all of you to head on over and have a look at the site and get your mates and family members to do the same. It's so important that as men we talk about our problems and try to resole them. Speaking from experience it's often hard to recognize when you are feeling depressed but retrospectively it's even harder to understand why you didn't seek help sooner. Living with a mental illness affects all those around you including your workmates, spouses and you kids, I feel that it's your duty to seek help if not for your sake, your families. I have often apologized to my wife for my actions during a bout of depression and have forgiven others for theirs during their hardship. This forum is a fantastic example to prove that you are never alone and that there is always someone who cares about you, will miss you when you are not around and will offer advice and friendship to those in need.
    Also check out
    http://www.beyondblue.org.au/

Default Re: Man Therapy

Brother mower mate...... and anyone who replies, see your quack and get moving, i take anxiety tabs, and i'm a NEW man, at almost 60 years old,a godsend, if you cant sleep, wake up in a panic, unable to see hope, worry about stupid but things, unable to focus on life and be enthsiastic, Picky and pissed off with everything, i suggest a 5 min chat with your GP will get things moving, i'm a happy man for the last 18 months. Now i can focus on building my new hobby, AND make some bucks. PM me on the side if you need perk up chat.....

Thanks BSD, although I'm not suffering depression at the moment I am always aware at how quickly it can come on if left unchecked. My life is very much on track and I am very fulfilled in all facets of my life. Would have to agree with the medication. At only 30 years old I have suffered on and off for the past 15 years, it wasn't until my mid 20s I sought professional help through a psychologist first and a psychiatrist a couple of years later. The psychiatrist put me on some medication for about 18 months and the change was amazing. I have never understood why the is still such a stigma attached with mental illness, it is much more common than people realize. I have often likened my condition to someone with diabetes, is the sense that you cannot physically see what is wrong and you need to monitor your health on a daily basis, perhaps through medication. Again thank you for you offer, often all it takes is some sage advice and a friendly ear.

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Couple of great posts there guys. I believe most people do suffer from depression on and off. Problem is some worse than others and there is no way to know how bad it will get.

Good one, i'm a tough blokey guy, ex boxer...blah blah.., my X missus took me to our doctor in 2001, then i joined the Harley group, 6 weeks later picked up some nice ladies (kept on the zoloft tho).....had my mid life crises 3 times, settled down with a lovely partner and am happy now, the meaning is to the folk who think its all right when deep down your not thinking straight, just have a 5 min chat with a pro..cause...they know!!!!!!....still take some tablets to keep right but i just do not worry and procastrinate and f#$k things up any more......duno if this blog is much to do with cutting grass, but sometimes its good to blow off steam.....i am fine.

Good read their guys I recommend a MPU (Monster P!ss Up) we are about due in Sydney I think we will sort ya out you will have that much fun you will be that high you will never come down
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Be careful sharing your experiences with depression on here. You may be vilified for doing so and you may get called grumpy or moody or even an attention seeker. I regret having ever said anything. Over the years though I have shared a few phone calls with some members of the forum to just chat so that is an upside. Funny intro on that website

MPU....BRING IT ON, I'm a 2 middy screamer, but I know a good port/sherry/muscat/bourbon/chardy/xxxx/vb/melb bitter/tooths/millers/home brew/grappa/mateaus rose/dinner ale/ when i taste one....
    Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    Good read their guys I recommend a MPU (Monster P!ss Up) we are about due in Sydney I think we will sort ya out you will have that much fun you will be that high you will never come down

Looks like we have one starter then better get Greenie on to it, I think its Imows turn to orgonise the next one..
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/