Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Interesting Read

Default Interesting Read

Found this an interesting read and worth the effort to open and read to the end.

It had me think about the Dog Dropping Thread, Constant Late Payers and Jobs that really are a pain now as your business matures and you can afford to fine tune how you Run your Business.
    I'm sure we will all be able to relate to some of the components with this "My Small Business" Article.

Just remember folks this is an open public forum and any inappropiate comments stay here for internet searches.

How to Sack a Client
    Cheers Garry

Default Re: Interesting Read

over the years i have definitely pruned problem clients, i have the view why put up with a problem client, when you can replace them with someone better and if you cant well than at least you dont have the hassle. The biggest I pruned was a 10K a year job, just over time I realised she was a pain in the proverbial, and upping her rates wasnt giving her the message so just said I cant do this anymore. She was one of those types that always had to have someone working around the house,one day I heard her boasting to a friend that she had 4 tradies working there that day. After I left I spoke to another guy that did some work for her, and apparently I started a mass walkout, and over the next few monhs the cleaner, lawn mower guy (I did gardening), odd job person, personal trainer and even dog washer, all gave her the flick. About 5 weeks later I scored a job double what she was worth to the business,and far less headaches.

Depends on how painful they are I'll put up with them thorugh the quieter months, but once spring moves in they move out of my schedule.

Interesting read indeed, quite logical when you read it.
    I can relate to just taking on clients for the sake of it in the early days. Problem was I got too big to quickly and that brought on more problems, then came the staffing problems etc. I'm so glad I've culled my book of clients back, work by myself these days and are far more profitable.

I like that, i'm about to kick off properly by spring, work solo, no hassles with anyone but the boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by m287j View Post
    Interesting read indeed, quite logical when you read it.
    I can relate to just taking on clients for the sake of it in the early days. Problem was I got too big to quickly and that brought on more problems, then came the staffing problems etc. I'm so glad I've culled my book of clients back, work by myself these days and are far more profitable.