Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Pages

Default Hi Pages

hi pages is an online advertising costing around 200 bucks a year and you have listing detailing your business and pic available .the potential client types in say gardeners and suburb required and businesses in that area are listed.Because they have a high profile a fair amount traffic goes through there way and we used to get a fair bit if work that way,not unlike Deans lawn mowing directory only that one is free.
    Over the past year or so calls have dried up because hi pages now direct clients to seek quotes and 3 business will call,obviously competing for the job...they charge apparently 20 bucks for the lead which is a bit steep....Personally i am not going to pay there 200 bucks a year and will just use my web page ....
    has anyone else used this mob and if so how successful do you find them..as i said before used to get a lot of calls before they brought in the competitive side of quoting .

Default Re: Hi Pages

We were with hipages for about six years. Got some great commercial clients through them. Same as you found Geoff, all the calls dried up when they went with the new system. I called a few customers with the new system but with not much success. We came up for renewal last month, the yearly fee had gone up to over $1000 for the areas we covered plus we had to pay for each lead. I cancelled immediately. Waste of time me thinks.

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Mmmm. What are they advertising their quote prices from?

You've got service seeking advertising from $35 an hour and gumtree.......well I shouldn't even mention that site.

They should all team up with tac. Then we could all end up as broke/ tight as the people using these sites for services.

Another thing that annoys me about these sites is the way they can create a page for your business without your permission. Oneflare is a perfect example.

glenn they are probably very good for the customer as they get them 3 quotes....we have to compete and then pay for the privilege...dont get wrong but they have to make money too but prior to their change they would of made heaps form 200 to 1000 per customer and they had thousands....where they will go down is now they expect us to pay leads , well as phil mentioned he wont be dealing anymore and me as well....so how many more...check there site out its not bad when you see the layout...try lawn mowing dingley village and check the result...good for me but they get the potential customer to seek quotes ......rather than go through my site..

oneflare...grrrr

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

I gave HiPage the flick when they started charging mega dollars. Sorry but I dont see any off these referall sites as any great value

Im on HI and havent been charged for the referral yet. Did the change happen with the renewed contract? Ive been wanting to drop them for a couple of years but kept going.
    I agree, there pricing themselves out. Now if they want to charge for the quotes or what ever, there gone! In fact, I doubt I would of renewed anyway!

Wow, I almost signed up with them last week, I did a product review and saw too many unhappy folk, so its "no thanks" from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    hi pages is an online advertising costing around 200 bucks a year and you have listing detailing your business and pic available .the potential client types in say gardeners and suburb required and businesses in that area are listed.Because they have a high profile a fair amount traffic goes through there way and we used to get a fair bit if work that way,not unlike Deans lawn mowing directory only that one is free.
    Over the past year or so calls have dried up because hi pages now direct clients to seek quotes and 3 business will call,obviously competing for the job...they charge apparently 20 bucks for the lead which is a bit steep....Personally i am not going to pay there 200 bucks a year and will just use my web page ....
    has anyone else used this mob and if so how successful do you find them..as i said before used to get a lot of calls before they brought in the competitive side of quoting .

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    oneflare...grrrr
    What's the go with oneflare?
    I've never heard of them before, and got a text from them yesterday saying Karl has a gardening job in my area and could I respond by email.

Looked up their website and says $8-$20 for a lead.
    Haven't responded.

Funny thing hipages...
    signed up 3 yrs ago for one year, got 2 jobs from the site, didn't renew after they wanted big $$'s
    BUT I still get leads from them for free in fact they are now more profitable for me than when I was paying up, go figure that?

Sterlo
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

How?...I really am considering the local yellow pages paperbook copy for next year but must have my stuff together by end december 2013, I'm sick of all the telemarketers and 'we'll' get you on top of google calls,(I read reviews on this stuff) I know the YP is somewhat old hat thesedays but I'm about to telemarket some local companies and feel for thier response to hard copy adverts,
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlo View Post
    Funny thing hipages...
    signed up 3 yrs ago for one year, got 2 jobs from the site, didn't renew after they wanted big $$'s
    BUT I still get leads from them for free in fact they are now more profitable for me than when I was paying up, go figure that?

Sterlo

Yellow Pages books still seems to work here. I haven't advertised with a big print ad due to the cost but I know businesses who do and it works well for them.

Thinking the same thing Paul, Campbelltown directory is Sydney's outskirts but I think a quarter page ad starts around 2 grand give or take a few hundred.I'll check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Yellow Pages books still seems to work here. I haven't advertised with a big print ad due to the cost but I know businesses who do and it works well for them.

Just googled the population, approx 155-159000 each city, just sayin.

If you have the 'Local Directories' books down there check them out too as an alternative to Yellow Pages. May be cheaper but I don't know. We don't have them here unfortunately but I've seen them in other areas of Queensland and NSW sometimes when we've been travelling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast