Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Tree lopper dies

Default Tree lopper dies

I just heard about this incident from my father in law.
    A tree lopper was killed from a rope that got caught up in the chipper.
    http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/s...ccident/?cs=12
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Default Re: Tree lopper dies

poor bloke very unfortunate way to go, no one goes to work to not go home. thoughts to his family ...but sorry I have to again, off topic, vent my frustration with media outlets "We believe he was tree lopping at the time." ....that's great investigative journalism there, should be on the desk next to Karl Stefanovic or however you spell his name ...dropkick :|
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

I must agree with you Mow and go. The media always get it wrong. What ever they can get to sell is what they do. Even twist the truth.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

yep and typically they don't have a lot of decorum or tact. I still want an opportunity to headbutt that Karl Stefanovic, should have when I had the chance, but it would be justified, not just for the sake of it lol personal vendetta against that guy and he twisted me against media quite severely.

What happened?

short version, black Saturday, I was out on the fire grounds as a firey of 8 years, and here he is, asking people at the temporary accommodation, in front of the camera, who had just lost EVERYTHING ..."how do you feel?" it just hit a real nerve. never managed to get past it and have wanted to severely injure him ever since just to ask him how he feels. just really ****ted me off back then, still does now

I know how you feel. But different situation dude... I worked for the govt many years ago and was confronted by the media quiet often.

Member Rye Victoria great nature's Avatar

beware the chipper.
    haven't been on the forum for weeks, but thought i might add to this thread about the dangers of chippers/mulchers/shredders.
    about 12 years back at a hand therapy joint, i met a kid, he was 17. on his very first day working for a arborist, he was left alone to feed branches into a chipper. and what do you know, a branch catches his baggy clothes, he got pulled into the chipper, and reacted by putting his hand out, and sadly, goodbye fingers. he lost all but his pinky. the surgeons decided to give him the luxury of pincers, so they amputated his pinky and reattached it to his index knuckle and amputated a toe(i think it was his big toe but i cant quite remember)and attached it to his thumb knuckle. Both sucsessful. All this at 17 years old. the physical trauma is heart-breaking, let alone the emotional trauma. his life will be forever affected because of the she'll be right attitude of not training this kid properly, not making sure he has the right PPE, including no loose clothing, not scaring the sh#t out of him beforehand to respect the chipper and be aware that it can chew your arm off if you let your guard down.
    i still think about him, and hope that he has managed to keep a positive attitude and live a great life.

So sad to hear . 17 years old too. So young for a mistake that's for life.
    Im a true believer that not just the chipper, but we should respect all our equipment for their danger.
    Training PPE and working smart is my motto. ( and not to be half a sleep while working)

http://www.optuszoo.com.au/news/top/...-karlos/937721 ...sorry to flog a dead horse, just felt I couldn't be the only person who hates karl stefanovic and thought i'd share a laugh. true to form old karl ...couldn't happen to a nicer