Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Walker ZTR

Default Re: Walker ZTR

Paul that mower on ebay has been on for ages, so that should tell you he is dreaming. In saying that though if you are interested I would make a very low offer and then you can come up a bit, I wouldn't pay more than 5 grand, even though the deck is new.Say the deck was close to 3 grand , 5 grand would be an ok deal that's if the rest of it is good. The hours are high for an 18hp, but you could always put a new donk in it, if you had to. The big dollar things to replace are the hydros, so you would want to take it for a drive, cut some grass and make sure it turns and runs straight.Also check the blower for wear, the seat needs replacing , but otherwise it looks ok, mate you would love the multideck and being the mc it is a bit smaller than an mt the catcher is smaller which means you could dump a full catcher into a wool bale and handle it yourself. If you can get into one of these machines you wouldn't know yourself ,so do what Les does off hardcore pawn make a ridiculous offer to start with to let him know your keen

QUOTE=EVAN86;130804]Unless I knew what type of properties you service its hard for me to recommend a suitable catching ztr for your needs. However if I had my time over again I would defiantly consider a Husqvarna 42" with fab deck and blower assisted catcher. Pm me if this interests you as I was quoted an awesome price for one last week, but I think it may have been a bit of a mates rates price.

I stiil think walkers are awesome mowers but they can somewhat restrict the range of work you can take on as they are only designed for nice lawns.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree, this is my baby, but wouldn't take it anywhere near any rough stuff, you would be replacing shear pins at a regular interval. The quality of the finish cut is second to none
    IMG_1802.jpg

Awesome machine I bet its your pride and joy

It's the pride of the fleet

Needs some adverts all over the catcher

I need to update my Gravely Compact Pro 44" as it's got 1700 hours on it.
    Ordered a Ferris IS600 44" but none in AU & no more 44" coming.

Need a 44" or less to save me buying a new trailer, but the specs of most mowers less than 48" fall away a lot.

I saw a Walker B19 with a 42" side discharge/mulch deck at the dealers today. Seems like it might suit me to mulch mow residential, and side throw ½ acre blocks.

Specs seem ok with Kohler Command Pro 19hp, ZT 3100 transaxles and shaft driven deck. It should fit in my 7x4 trailer with the deck folded up. Would just need to alter my ramps to allow for the back wheels.

Anyone have any experience with this mower/deck?

Don't have any experience with walkers but maybe a stander could be an option in that size range

Yes ed I bought a brand new one in 2015 , I don't have it anymore but wish every day that I hadn't sold it . Mulches extremely well , I have been looking at another new walker as my legs aren't holding up like they used to, I would now buy a collection machine with a multi deck

Thanks NLALM & Chris.
    I did demo a stander a while ago Chris, but I'd had enough of it after about ½ hour. I think I'm too tall & too old.

NLALM, how does the side discharge go in thick grass? The deck isn't very deep but looks pretty open on the front so looks like it might handle bulk ok? It has the cross blades on each spindle.
    It doesn't look as strongly made as the gravely, but it should be durable enough to handle a bit of rough stuff occasionally?

I'll have another look at it tomorrow.

Have a look at the new Cub Cadet range. I know someone that bought the steering wheel version and he reckons it’s the ducks guts. No probs on slopes like ZTR’s as the front wheels steer

I’ve seen it and the build quality is awesome especially the fab deck.

Very Helpful Member

Ed not sure what size your trailer is but will the Walker fit in length wise looking at the spec's online 100cm H x 124cm W x 231cm L compared to the Gravely at 190cm
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

My trailer is 7x4 Ian. The 2300Length is with a 48" deck, so I think the 42" might be a bit shorter. I asked this morning & they tell me it's ok to reverse on and the fold up the deck, so that shortens it up. Apparently it's ok to travel like that.

Had a quick look at the Cub Cadets Edge, but they are like most other brands,- one they get smaller than 48" the quality of components falls away.

Ferris do a 44" http://www.mowerpower.com.au/ferris/...zero-turn.html dunno what they're like....

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

I looked at the 36 inch ferris stand on , its 14k That 44 inch is 11k and I reckon a better machine why are stand on mowers so expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    Ferris do a 44" http://www.mowerpower.com.au/ferris/...zero-turn.html dunno what they're like....
    I ordered & put a deposit on that one Paul, but none available in AU, and they won't be bringing anymore in, in 44", apparently.

Yes there certainly is a premium on standers atm. I bought my new 61" this year for less than $19k with 37hp efi & suspension, so I can't be paying $14-15k for a little stander

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast