Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Thefts in Avondale Heights

Default Thefts in Avondale Heights

Saw a scumbag in a blue VT Holden sedan lift my fs90 out of the rack and chuck it in his car while I was mowing a corner block. He was pretty cocky as I was not far away. Got his rego and 5 minutes later he dropped it back a few doors up.
    I saw him a third time later on and followed him back to a block of flats near by.
    Tried to block him in but he did a runner over fences and through yards.
    When I reported it there was another lawnie and a tradie reporting on the same guy. They never got their gear back.
    Hopefully the cops get this scumbag.
    Keep an eye out for this scumbag around the East Keilor/Avondale Heights area. Dark Bue VT and he looks Aussie in his early 40s or there abouts. Around 6 foot tall.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Default Re: Thefts in Avondale Heights

Similar styles, but this guy had light hair and a medium build. A little older too. He did try to put a bit of duct tape over his plates though.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Yeah not good I would never leave a stihl with out a lock on it Should start a thread on how and what people use to lock there gear up I use a python lock some one else was taking about them also but did get nicched from the tray of my rig no key what a idiot lol the python locks are good usally a meter long thread it throw every thing after this getting another asap for real....

Borowed a friends stihl ht 131 pole chainsaw just beautiful and there way a person looking at it so got rope out and tyed it to my rig so when done it was stihl there you have to beware of unite areas so many people looking for a easy dolla....
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

out of sight and locked is best but under a cover or roped in is still better than sitting in the open for any one to nick
    I`ve got a large heavy duty shade cloth covering the ute stops the cops fining me and hides equipment from prying eyes
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

I have a lock up rack, but as I was only 10m away I didnt worry about locking it.

been using the masterlock python cable locks for a few years now http://www.masterlock.com/search/?q=python

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    been using the masterlock python cable locks for a few years now http://www.masterlock.com/search/?q=python
    Me to Paul beats chain and padlock any day
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

I use a similar cable but with a combination lock and not a padlock. One less key and padlock for me to worry about.

I like the design with the Python though, that the locking mechanism is incorporated with the cable.