Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Husqvarna LC19AP mower

Default Husqvarna LC19AP mower

Husqvarna LC19AP mowers are they any good for contracting? Any used one? If so whats the feedback. Hondas are too heavy for my area so i'm looking for alternatives. http://www.husqvarna.com/au/products...owers/lc-19ap/

Default Re: Husqvarna LC19AP mower

scoob i have had my DOV engine Briggs victa for over 3 years and flogged it...couldn't recommend a versatile push mower and this wet winter has been terrific as its light and full chute,similar to one you have on link...Victas come around 650 mark,make sure its a DOV motor

Scoob,

I bought one for my father, not the alloy deck but metal.
    The grass catcher locks in identical to the Masport method, I think they have a joint partnership with Masport which is a good thing.
    We love the mower as it works real good at a set height and mulches excellent, just remembered it has a masport base/blade set up too.

BUT there is one big fault across the both the metal and alloy decks. The height adjuster is too course in height adjustment. It doesn't adjust fine enough and jumps to much up or down to much in one leaver shift.
    My dad having thick Palmetto we have settled on a height that will leave it thick n high, drop a notch and its hatching it.
    In commercial application with varied lawns and often varied cut heights that can be found one customers lawns alone, well read below.
    Verdict , the height adjuster would give me the Sh*ts and my local Husky dealer having an ex regional Husky mgr now working and managing the shop. Said he would pass on the feedback to his husky friends. Otherwise it's a great mower.
    Cheers Garry

Cheers Garry

Cheers Gary and Geoff. Geoff what model Victa did you have again? Is it still available?

mustang with the Briggs dov 750 motor..still available ...note its a pushy but so light with full chute. victa do a sp in this line but nor full chute......motor is a ripper good luck

A good mate of mine works as a mechanic at a generic dealer in the eastern suburbs of melbourne. They mainly focus on selling Honda but after a pretty long and in-depth conversation about a range of various options , He was very impressed with the Husqi mower. The deck is the same as the Honda 196s and the engine is built tough too; can't remember if it has a cast iron bore but he said it was as well built and reliable as the Honda. Had me thinking as to whether or not I'll purchase one next year.

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Scoob,

I bought one for my father, not the alloy deck but metal.
    The grass catcher locks in identical to the Masport method, I think they have a joint partnership with Masport which is a good thing.
    We love the mower as it works real good at a set height and mulches excellent, just remembered it has a masport base/blade set up too.

BUT there is one big fault across the both the metal and alloy decks. The height adjuster is too course in height adjustment. It doesn't adjust fine enough and jumps to much up or down to much in one leaver shift.
    My dad having thick Palmetto we have settled on a height that will leave it thick n high, drop a notch and its hatching it.
    In commercial application with varied lawns and often varied cut heights that can be found one customers lawns alone, well read below.
    Verdict , the height adjuster would give me the Sh*ts and my local Husky dealer having an ex regional Husky mgr now working and managing the shop. Said he would pass on the feedback to his husky friends. Otherwise it's a great mower.
    I'm sure Arfa could have that solved quite easily!

Doesn't help anyone here.

But had a nice elderly bloke was mowing next door to a job I was doing yesterday and came over to me. Said he was moving to a new micro type elderly housing area and has no need for a very well cared for SP Masport.
    RRP $999 on Masport site, he paid $910 and asked $500. I have no use for it.

Be good if the Husky mower in subject had a height adjuster like the Masport.

Cheers Garry