Default Re: The BMW of mowers!

looks at bit pretty for mowing mick all that nice shiny stuff lol

But is it any good :-)

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    so when do you pick it up
    In around 10yrs plus! ha
    If its brand new in the USA Im sure it will take some time to get over here, if at all!

I read on LS that a guy drove one at an expo and the hydros are super loud. Dont know why that is but because its totally new, it will take some time to work the bugs out of it.

Yeah, its pretty. It was designed by a auto designer.
    At the end of the day its whats under all the shiny stuff. The frame, the deck etc. Time will tell if its any good.
    Some really nice tech on it though which might get other manu's to up there game. Just the system monitor is a great addition.
    For the price we pay for these mowers, they are pretty basic and things like a tacho to see where the rpms are shouldnt be that difficult or costly to have on these machines.

That's what I think to Mick, look how far motor cars have come in the last ten years, they are very high tech, but mowers please, when you think about it none of these big manufacturers can get it right, guys who spend big dollars on mowers shouldn't be complaining about cut quality, I mean they are mowers that is what they should do right before anything else. EFI on mowers is still pretty new I think all petrol mowers should be fuel injected, I have heard stihl are bringing out efi tools.Im not talking just ride ons either we all know how bad the hand mowers are. Some things I think should be on ride ons, phone holders + chargers, heated seats and drive levers, from the seat be able to change from mulch to discharge, hydrolic height adjustment from the seat, gps for large area mowing like on the tractors, a simple way to get to the blades and probably a heap more that I cant think of.

fridge and stubby holder

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    That's what I think to Mick, look how far motor cars have come in the last ten years, they are very high tech, but mowers please, when you think about it none of these big manufacturers can get it right, guys who spend big dollars on mowers shouldn't be complaining about cut quality, I mean they are mowers that is what they should do right before anything else. EFI on mowers is still pretty new I think all petrol mowers should be fuel injected, I have heard stihl are bringing out efi tools.Im not talking just ride ons either we all know how bad the hand mowers are. Some things I think should be on ride ons, phone holders + chargers, heated seats and drive levers, from the seat be able to change from mulch to discharge, hydrolic height adjustment from the seat, gps for large area mowing like on the tractors, a simple way to get to the blades and probably a heap more that I cant think of.
    Yep, considering you can buy a nice new car for less than a mower, there isnt much on them. And if they cant cut, whats the point?
    I dont know about the heated seats (mine gets pretty warm as it is) but yeah, a monitoring system for rpms, volt meter, accurate fuel gauge, maintenance, a timer etc would be great. A lot of machines dont even have anywhere to put your wallet of phone. Just crazy! Ive had 12v socket fitted to a mower before but didnt have anywhere to put my phone.

Thing is, different brands have different features. ie, JD have the MOD (mulch on demand) deck. Ive heard good and bad about it. A few manu's have hydro or electric deck lift. I can even fit one to my machine but it costs way to much.
    The biggest issue with mowers is the lack of operator comfort. Ferris have a great set up for that and other manu's are putting suspension on the castors but I reckon there is more than can be done as standard. I had a Flex seat on my last SZ but cant fit it to this new one. I really miss that thing. It meant I could actually lean back in the seat most of the time and not get thrown out of it going over a bump. Was like an office chair. The static seat means I have to sit forward 90% of the time.

IMO, Scag have the best all round maching out there in the Turf Tiger but, the comfort side of it is lacking. Im really hoping they can do something about that in the next few years as thats probably the way I'll go next time.

Anyway, Im glad theres a new player in the market. It might up the game of a few of these other manufacturers. Time will tell!