Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Effective Marketing

Default Re: Effective Marketing

I tried it a while back Geoff, tyre kickers and tight arses was all it attracted :-)
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    I notice some business use face-book to boost their presence,on my page, i have had a gardening service appear on my page for about two weeks and they were located 15 to 20 km away..I notice you can boost your page if you pay for it..Anyone used this form and was it cost effective..??
    I tried Facebook. Was a waste of time.

Hey mowbro, I had a flyer with great results when I started out.
    I'll pm it to you when I find it.
    It's got a before and after pic with a section to hand write a quick quote on their front lawns etc and when I'm in their area next
    Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    I'm not in your area but still happy to help.
    As you identified your uptake rate is for this type of marketing is lower because you are attempting to sell to someone who isn't actively looking for the services that you offer.

Your leaflet need to have the following elements;
    - strong headline (could be the service your marketing or a special promotion)
    - clear and simple body text and 2 good clear pictures that show exactly what you are talking about
    - strong call to action
    - the contact details you want the reader to use to find out more information. I see you have a website so direct them there and a phone number.

How the above content is placed on the page is important to.

Your website needs to reflect your paper based marketing. If you are offering a service like rose pruning next month you need to have that information on the website too.
    I'd be happy to share my thoughts on some possible website improvement if you want to get in contact.

here it is. i had great results as it was short and to the point with pics, free quote and when im there next if they want me to mow.flyerex.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by mowbro View Post
    Anyone based somewhere other than Melbourne care to share with me some of your examples or hints for making a flyer that you've had good success with?

I've had only a small amount of success with mine, but in saying that have only delivered around 1000. I know that the pick up rate is low when it comes to this form of advertising, but would be interested to see what has proved to give you a better return as far as flyers are concerned. More info? Less info? Colours? No colours? before and after photos? persuasive language etc? Feel free to PM me if thats more your style.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    I notice some business use face-book to boost their presence,on my page, i have had a gardening service appear on my page for about two weeks and they were located 15 to 20 km away..I notice you can boost your page if you pay for it..Anyone used this form and was it cost effective..??
    We've used Facebook quite a bit but never got any work from it

Put yourself in the mind of the average punter your trying to snare some work off. Where are they likely to turn too to look for a lawn mowing contractor if they need one.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Huge results on Facebook...its how u do it, and why u do it that matters.

Demographics have changed and targets will change.

I realize punters don't search social media for contractors but if its in their face they do call.

Sterlo
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sterlo View Post

I realize punters don't search social media for contractors but if its in their face they do call.

Sterlo
    reckon you are on a winner Sterlo you targeted certain areas including mine and you appeared on our facebook page everyday for a few weeks...it does cost but you can control the amount...We have local gardeners on our buy swap and sell page and they boost their business all the time ,in the potential customers face ,direct marketing lol but i know they get heaps of work too.....a lot of big companies do also use facebook and as Sterlo syas its how you do it....You have to pay nothing for nothing these days

Sterlo
    This is what I've been told by a few other contractors around this area, plenty of work to be had from Facebook.

I've just started making my page and probably wont pay them for any likes or extra exposure. I will how ever ask my existing clients to like, recommend and share it, if they have facebook and are happy to help me out. Will see how it goes next month, when I have got it to a stage I'm happy with.

I was obviously doing it wrong on Facebook

The private forum would be a better place to be giving out tips.

Sterlo
    Anyone use Google ad words? Is it easy to use or do you pay someone? Can you get by with just a website or do you also need a facebook presence?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123