Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Feature Focus – Credit Card Transactions

Default Feature Focus – Credit Card Transactions

We have received an increase in the number of businesses signing up to accept customer credit card payments (Biz.Transact Electronic Payments) and with that comes a number of curious enquiries and business usage ideas. Our customers come from a number of different business types… mostly lawn mowing and garden services, house cleaning, pet grooming (dog wash), along with other small businesses with a regular customer base - with enquiries such as… what’s involved in the sign up process, how long does the sign up process take, do I need to open a new bank account, what credit cards are accepted, can transaction fees be charged to the customers, what does the customer receipt show, what do I see on my business statement, can you reverse a transaction, can part payments be made, do I need Pro Edition, do I need to re-install the app, and many others.

I thought I would share these enquiries and business usages with the forum in following posts as a feature focus and provide a deeper insight into the benefits of the Electronic Payments feature within Biz.Transact.

I’ll start with the Pro Edition question (and a free upgrade opportunity) - a common question is

Q. In order to accept credit card payment do I need to upgrade to Pro Edition.
    A. No, you can use the Electronic Payments facility in either the Free Edition or Pro Edition.

Further to this, when speaking with businesses in the process of signing up for an Electronic Payments account I’m sometimes asked (requested) ‘… how about a free Pro Edition of Biz.Transact’ – I’m always happy to oblige, so with this in mind rather than limit it to those who ask – for readers of this forum I think it’s fair enough to include a free upgrade to Pro Edition with each new Electronic Payments account. If you have any questions just ask, or feel free to contact me at enquiries@biztransact.com.au.

Stay tuned for more Biz.Transact Electronic Payments Q & A.

Tim

Default Re: Feature Focus – Credit Card Transactions

A common question asked when signing up for a Biz.Transact Electronic Payments account relates to who is charged the transaction fee when taking a credit card payment from a customer - more specifically how to include the fee in the customer’s sale amount.

Q. Can I pass on the transaction fees to the customer?
    A. Yes, an On/Off option exists for ‘Customer Pays Fees’.
    In a simple example using a $50 job - if turned On you will receive $50 in your bank account and your customer will have $51 deducted from their credit card - if turned Off you will receive $49 in your bank account and your customer will have $50 deducted from their credit card. Note: actual amounts will vary depending on your fee structure.

The images below show the settings for 'Customer Pays Fees' turned On (located within your iPhone Settings) & the Biz.Transact sale screen which displays the sale amount along with the transaction amount to be charged with fees included.

More Biz.Transact Electronic Payments Q & A to follow.

Regards,
    Tim

Each new Biz.Transact Electronic Payments account now includes a free upgrade to Biz.Transact Pro Edition

Tim you are still missing out on half of your potential market!

A question on some business owners checklist when enquiring about the process of signing up to Biz.Transact Electronic Payments is to do with the bank account used for receiving transaction payments.

Q. When signing up for Biz.Transact Electronic Payments do I need to open a new bank account with the merchant account provider?
    A. No, the Biz.Transact Electronic Payments facility is completely bank independent meaning the proceeds from your sale transaction are deposited to your nominated bank account.

Regards,
    Tim

Each new Biz.Transact Electronic Payments account now includes a free upgrade to Biz.Transact Pro Edition

I get a lot of businesses making general enquiries about Biz.Transact Electronic Payments, and a common theme of these initial enquiries is the process and requirements for signing up – I put this down to an assumption that businesses expect the process to be a drawn out ordeal like applying for a bank mortgage. Once it’s known that it is a simple and fast process the tone of the enquiries shift to that of relief and I get to hear the real person behind the business, often jokingly saying …why didn’t you tell me about Biz.Transact Electronic Payments before as they go on to explain the current challenges of chasing up customer payments - I also enjoy hearing about the good aspects of their business too.

So onto the process.

Q. I want to be able to accept customer payments by credit card, what’s involved in the sign up process?
    A. From within Biz.Transact simply go to Settings > Electronic Payments > tap on the No Account? Apply Now! button > check that your Business Details are correct > select your Preferred Account Type > tap the Submit Application button. Straight away you will receive an email containing a sign up form (basic business details) to return with a copy of your registration of business, photo ID and your nominated account for your sale proceeds – TIP: if you don’t have a scanner you can post this or do what most people do and take a clear photo with their iPhone and email these through. That’s all, it’s then over to us and in most cases your account is setup in as little as 2 days where you receive your account codes for configuration in Biz.Transact so you can start taking credit card payments.

Regards,
    Tim

An occasional question asked by business owners when enquiring about Biz.Transact Electronic Payments relates to payment refunds. This is a great example of how Biz.Transact is a true payment processing system.

Q. Can I refund a customer’s credit card payment?
    A. Yes, the Biz.Transact Electronic Payments facility is fully capable of issuing refunds via the payment gateway. The customer’s credit card will be credited the amount processed and the transaction system within Biz.Transact is updated accordingly.

The image below shows a customer’s Invoice Sale Amount of $175, with an initial payment of $75 and a balance of $100. Hopefully not the case, but a scenario might be that the $75 requires refunding and using the Invoice Actions Biz.Transact can process the refund via the payment gateway.

Payment refunds can be applied to both part paid or fully paid invoices.

Regards,
    Tim

Biz.Transact recognises the critical importance of the security of you and your customers financial data. Trust in our product can only come when both you and your customers can be assured every effort is taken to ensure the protection of your information. Following is a question I'm sometimes asked (should be asked more often).

Q. How secure are the details when processing a customers credit card payment?
    A. Biz.Transact’s Electronic Payments service is backed by IntegraPay, one of the finance industry's leading online billing and payment gateway providers. With almost 6 year’s experience in providing electronic payment services, IntegraPay have achieved some of the highest levels of security certifications and compliance possible, including PCI DSS Level 1 Security. Therefore, you can rest assured that your information is safe and secure when using Biz.Transact's Electronic Payments solution.

If you would like to read more about IntegraPay's security, please follow this link: http://integrapay.com.au/security-compliance/

Regards,
    Tim

I received an email question from a business owner in the process of setting up a Biz.Transact Electronic Payments Account (merchant account) – the question was on behalf of one of their customers who wanted to know what transaction description would appear on their credit card statement.

Biz.Transact was built as a payment processing system for small business and is primarily used by the home services industry such as lawn mowing and garden services, domestic cleaning, dog washing and pet grooming, and generally small businesses with a regular customer base. With this in mind, included in your merchant account is a generic transaction description as mentioned below.

Q. What is the transaction description shown on my customers credit card statement?
    A. "I PAY HOME SERVICES" appears as the transaction description. We find that this is generally understood by customers. Your invoices and receipts are very configurable to meet your needs by accommodating your specific service description, specific job notes, along with custom headers and footers.

Regards,
    Tim

...further to my earlier post (copy below) - I was contact about the possibility of a custom transaction description and yes that is available – for that specific requirement there is a small fee involved, as an optional extra feature this is the only fee throughout the whole app. Biz.Transact is proud to offer a quality product that has no signup fee, no ongoing fee, no hidden fees, simply a per transaction fee charged when using credit card processing.

Send me an email at enquiries@biztransact.com.au if you would like to discuss a custom transaction description, or any feature for that matter.

Regards,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by biztransact PR View Post
    I received an email question from a business owner in the process of setting up a Biz.Transact Electronic Payments Account (merchant account) – the question was on behalf of one of their customers who wanted to know what transaction description would appear on their credit card statement.

Biz.Transact was built as a payment processing system for small business and is primarily used by the home services industry such as lawn mowing and garden services, domestic cleaning, dog washing and pet grooming, and generally small businesses with a regular customer base. With this in mind, included in your merchant account is a generic transaction description as mentioned below.

Q. What is the transaction description shown on my customers credit card statement?
    A. "I PAY HOME SERVICES" appears as the transaction description. We find that this is generally understood by customers. Your invoices and receipts are very configurable to meet your needs by accommodating your specific service description, specific job notes, along with custom headers and footers.

Regards,
    Tim