Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Honda HRC 216

Hybrid View

Default Honda HRC 216

Anybody running a HRC 216? Just wondering whats the difference between the HRC and HRU 216. Client of mine told me about a HRC comming up for sale, Thought it might be worth a look if the price is right.

Default Re: Honda HRC 216

Commercial model Cost alot more new
    Bar blade, hydro trans
    the newer ones have twin bar blade
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

From what I could find out - they are the same as a HRU but with a steel deck. It depends how old it is.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

Thanks for the replies Simmo & Arfa , so i ended up buying this HRC not in bad nick either as iv'e got a contract comming up that requires a bit of catching , so it will do nicely. Think it's a K1 model , it's a big heavy sucker too all made from steel even the wheels lol. Blade engage on the handle so it can be loaded onto trailer easy or move from one area to the other without blades running, would hate to push it lol. Hey Simmo, was up in your part of the world with the family, great spot good feed at the RSL and more important good beer! Arfa love your posts on honda mods & the HRX, Awsome stuff.
    Cheers.

Does it have the 3 speed drive or the Hydrostatic ?
    Trying to find specs for Honda stuff is like trying to film a Masonic lodge meeting.

If it's all steel it will go forever, and then you can patch it with weld to go forever and a day.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

Know what you mean about finding specs but it's Hydrostatic, has the 4 single height adjusters, side of deck has re enforcement around the bottom, the handle is bolted onto a bracket that bolts onto the deck and support bars underneath it's solid as.Has single bar blade and the GXV 160 motor but could do with a bit more as you'd know.Apparently the new ones are a bit lighter, run twin bar blades and mulch better than old models.Been looking for a mulch plug but few & far between, there is a side throw chute though might try one out with a mulching blade.I reckon the engine will peg out before the rest of it unlike most mowers today lol.
    Cheers