Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should contractors repairs get preference over other repairs

Default Re: Should contractors repairs get preference over other repairs

I was banned from GYC when I went off at them telling me 3 weeks wait on a repair - for a mower I bought 2 weeks earlier from them. As they were the only Toro dealers around (and stay away from Toro everyone) I was at their mercy basically. At the time I was with Jims (since indy) and it took the franchisor to speak with them to actually get the repair done. It was a self propulsion issue that was basically a design fault, and 3 weeks after the repair was done it was dodgy again. Never been back, and over the course of 4 years using them would have spent $30,000 at a guess there. Hell, they even told me 3 weeks when I wanted them to show me how to remove the mulching plug from my ride on that I had purchased from them - one of the selling points was I was told it was a 2 minute job to do. When I did want to remove it and couldn't, that was when they said 3 weeks as it is an hours job to do on the hoist.

Had some hail damage to one of my utes

Dropped it off to insurance assessment centre on Monday morning, got a phone call from the insurance company saying it should be ready Friday afternoon.

I was pretty surprised to be called first thing Thursday to say it was ready

When I collected it it thanked them for the quick service, the owner replied when we see a work vehicle we prioritise the work

Customer service does still exist out there, it's just finding the ones that offer it and support them

The current place i'm now using has a sign up saying the waiting period for any repairs is 7 days and gets changed weekly.
    They do have over 300 contractors to service and as we get busier with our work so do they

Went to them last week saying the line trimmer has a flat spot when warmed up,they adjusted it for me while i waited..under warranty.

Customer service is definitely still alive and kicking. The dealer I use has my zero turn at the moment due to a broken brake calliper.

He was honest and told me that it's not a problem they had seen or heard of. They are currently making sure the manufacturer is going to foot the bill for the issue and have offered me one of their hire units if I need at no cost.

True we spend a fair bit of money at this dealer but it's nice to know that that's rewarded with the service they are providing after sale.

I have other dealers that I have to chase down even for simple things but these guys just seem to understand business. I'm not being put infront of a non comercial customer for this service they are just well staffed to be able to handle everyone's jobs in a timely manner

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    Customer service is definitely still alive and kicking. The dealer I use has my zero turn at the moment due to a broken brake calliper.

He was honest and told me that it's not a problem they had seen or heard of. They are currently making sure the manufacturer is going to foot the bill for the issue and have offered me one of their hire units if I need at no cost.
    What machine are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    What machine are you running?
    Toro Z Master pro

Toro Z Master pro
    Does it have drum breaks and if so, what broke exactly? I dont see how a calliper could break but if its worn, I went through a similar situation. Did they say what the problem was?

Quote Originally Posted by phaedo View Post
    I was banned from GYC when I went off at them telling me 3 weeks wait on a repair - for a mower I bought 2 weeks earlier from them. As they were the only Toro dealers around (and stay away from Toro everyone) I was at their mercy basically. At the time I was with Jims (since indy) and it took the franchisor to speak with them to actually get the repair done. It was a self propulsion issue that was basically a design fault, and 3 weeks after the repair was done it was dodgy again. Never been back, and over the course of 4 years using them would have spent $30,000 at a guess there. Hell, they even told me 3 weeks when I wanted them to show me how to remove the mulching plug from my ride on that I had purchased from them - one of the selling points was I was told it was a 2 minute job to do. When I did want to remove it and couldn't, that was when they said 3 weeks as it is an hours job to do on the hoist.
    GYC
    Grab Your Cash
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    GYC
    Grab Your Cash

I had the same issue as you phaedo with a masport bought from a certain stihl shop in the western suburbs

Banned from the store, spent over 15K there and sent referrals there as well.
    I've found cheaper stores now with better service - so it was worth the heartache

At the end of the day we keep mower shops going.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Does it have drum breaks and if so, what broke exactly? I dont see how a calliper could break but if its worn, I went through a similar situation. Did they say what the problem was?
    It may not be the calliper but something in the clamping section of the hand brake. due to pick it up tomorrow and find out what happened. when i dropped it off we were only guessing as the wheels were still on and all we could see was a missing piece

Quote Originally Posted by phaedo View Post
    Ive waited 3 weeks for a quote from them. needless to say i went elsewhere

It may not be the calliper but something in the clamping section of the hand brake. due to pick it up tomorrow and find out what happened. when i dropped it off we were only guessing as the wheels were still on and all we could see was a missing piece
    Id be interested in finding out what happened. Just hope its all covered under warranty.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123